Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Washington hanging around early. It's the Jones and Belibi show for Stanford.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
We've allowed a lot of open looks so far from Washington, and we've been kind of sloppy on offense. But do my eyes betray me or do the Huskies actually look better than last season? Their passing so far has been very crisp, they've gobbled up a fair number of o boards, and almost all their players have had nice quick first steps on offense. I'm impressed given my very low expectations.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
We've allowed a lot of open looks so far from Washington, and we've been kind of sloppy on offense. But do my eyes betray me or do the Huskies actually look better than last season? Their passing so far has been very crisp, they've gobbled up a fair number of o boards, and almost all their players have had nice quick first steps on offense. I'm impressed given my very low expectations.

UW started out playing tough, but they are reverting to form, can't hit anything. Stanford turning it into a laugher, now 31-14.

Jones has taken a monumental leap from Fr. to Soph year. Belibi looks much improved also.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Ok, I will take that bet and as we both have a propensity to watch the late night PAC12 games and post on the threads, I will put the over/under on 2 games that Wash or WSU play...;)

I would add that most of us are significantly more "cranky" than usual due to the pandemic...:oops:
My wife says I'm more laid back since I rarely see anyone besides her and my son once in a blue moon. The only time she says that I'm "cranky" when I'm out driving and/or waiting in lines at the grocery stores.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dawgs shooting 22% from the floor and 17% from 3. I've seen this before.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
42-18 Stanford at the half. UW scored 4 in Q2. :eek:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Jones has 17 points and 9 rebounds, Belibi has 10. Jones is nearly beating UW by herself.

Reaction Score
Simmons hits a lay up in the Devils take their first leader the game as the 4th quarter opens. You got to believe!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
NC State in a dogfight w/ Coastal Carolina. Anybody call this one? Is CC one of your teams @triaddukefan ? Maybe the Wolfpack are having a bit of a hangover after their big showdown with South Carolina. Anyway CC leading by 2 after Q1.

Naw...... they are located in the Lesser of the Carolinas...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I haven't seen everybody...but Haley Jones is the best player in the country right now. Go ahead and try to tell me otherwise. She's outscoring UW 25-23 (on 12-13 shooting). Dawgs having an atrocious game shooting the ball. If you TRIED to miss every shot you couldn't do any worse.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't think that losing by 33 to what is supposed to be a rebuilding Drake is a good sign for the Whalen era. I don't think there's been many splashes on the recruiting end of things for Whalen to come rescue her either that I'm aware of.

drakedance.gif

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington had scored 9 points in nearly 2 quarters, then had a little offensive explosion at the end of Q3. Now only trailing 67-33. :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In a tougher than expected battle.... the Tarheels defeated the 49ers of Charlotte 81-75. Charlotte led 73-72 with under 2 minutes to play.. but went cold from the field.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford wins 83-50, and it wasn't that close.

Reaction Score
Stanford looking really unimpressive outside of one quarter against a reeeeeally bad UW team. Chalk it up to all the covid issues but hopefully they can put it together before January 8th.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford looking really unimpressive outside of one quarter against a reeeeeally bad UW team. Chalk it up to all the covid issues but hopefully they can put it together before January 8th.

Did you watch the same game I did? Stanford had them doubled up most of the game. 4th quarter doesn't count, that was rec league. I mean Stanford didn't shoot well beyond the arc and outside of Jones none of them really played great, but they dominated the game.

UW just beat Cal by nearly 30, so how bad is Cal? You wanna talk about a reeeeaaaaly bad team.

Reaction Score
Did you watch the same game I did? Stanford had them doubled up most of the game. 4th quarter doesn't count, that was rec league. I mean Stanford didn't shoot well beyond the arc and outside of Jones none of them really played great, but they dominated the game.

UW just beat Cal by nearly 30, so how bad is Cal? You wanna talk about a reeeeaaaaly bad team.
Oh definitely, theres elite teams in the Pac and then some awful ones. Wish those programs could figure it out so the conference is more competitive. Conference games shouldnt be 40 point contests.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wish those programs could figure it out so the conference is more competitive.

Well when Stanford (and others) have several players on the bench better than any of UW's starters probably, it's a long uphill battle. The figuring it out part has a lot to do with recruiting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom