Week 17 - Feb 26 to Mar 4 (games, conf standings, NET) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Week 17 - Feb 26 to Mar 4 (games, conf standings, NET)

Reaction Score
Could it be Iowa's offense is really hard to control? Look at their season results. Been held in the 60s a few times, otherwise a bunch of 80+, and 10x 100+. I would guess they lead the nation in eclipsing the century mark.
When it comes to Ohio State, no. They're the one team that has a defence that travels well based on their conference record this season, with the exception of losses to Michigan and Iowa. Typically they're good at blocking out the noise, but when they don't they're vulnerable in making bad decisions.

I look at their loss against Michigan in Ann Arbor when McMahon picked up two quick fouls and lost by a surprising double digits. They may have put up the white flag in the first quarter. Contrast that against their game against Michigan State in East Lansing. They had key players dealing with foul trouble early in the game, but somehow remained focused to blow Michigan State out by 20 points.

Now look at this game. It was still competitive when McMahon picked up the tech. They looked visibly frustrated with how things were being called. It continued in the 3rd which is when they usually pull away. They were dealing with two competitors today. Iowa and their internal frustrations. That's a 2 on 1 that's hard to beat.

Reaction Score
Announcer for the duke NC game just said JuJu has a chance to break Caitlin’s record if she stays. She’s putting up 40 and 50 on the regular
The "If she stays" was a confusing statement. Does Watkins have the option to declare for the WNBA early?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is Villanova gonna mess around and lose to DePaul?

Same question for Florida St. against Clemson.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Nebraska trying to give away a double bye in the Big 10 tourney. Had a case of ball don't lie, phantom foul call but missed both FTs. Illinois up 1 w/ 20+ seconds left. Possession of ball pending a review.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And Ohio State beat them by 8 during that OT game. I also said their defence typically travels well.
We're making different points. Iowa IS hard to contain. Even though Ohio St. won the game, you can hardly say they stopped the Iowa offense.

Reaction Score
We're making different points. Iowa IS hard to contain. Even though Ohio St. won the game, you can hardly say they stopped the Iowa offense.
You asked if I thought Iowa's scoring average could be a reason. I said no and provided my perspective which is that Ohio State's defence typically travels well. How is that we're making different points? I answered your question.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
FB_IMG_1629925304073.jpg

Reaction Score
The "If she stays" was a confusing statement. Does Watkins have the option to declare for the WNBA early?

1) could go abroad
2) could challenge WNBA rule in court and would probably win

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
1, This ain't no math thread

2. Whose side are you on anyway?
I'm sorry, but I've hated K and the Duke men's program for decades so it's guilt by association. Can't root for Duke in anything. I hope that doesn't come between us.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Clemson-Florida St. on the verge of 2 OT, but Tigers might've just called a time out they didn't have. Paging Chris Webber...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah speaking of not a math thread, Clemson called one more time out than they had available and thusly gave the game away.

Reaction Score
Clark avg 27.4 her frosh year
Juju avg 27.8 this year, so yes she could be on pace to challenge Clark

Also Clark had a few games cancelled her frosh year due to Covid so Watkins has good shot at more games this year

JuJu having a chance, yes I can see that. But…My question is , can JuJu leave early?? Also, she isn’t scoring 40-50 points on the regular.

Reaction Score
JuJu having a chance, yes I can see that. But…My question is , can JuJu leave early?? Also, she isn’t scoring 40-50 points on the regular.
You’re making too much of an off-hand comment. She was confused. Male players leave all the time; female players are now in the will they/won’t they because of the Covid year and injuries.

Reaction Score
That entire 6 point sequence was bogus. The initial foul call was an all ball block, then the ridiculous flop by Clark resulting in the tech and then the inbounds play which the Iowa player CAUGHT and shot with .3 on the clock. As we all know......... "When play is resumed with a throw-in or free throw and three-tenths (. 3) of a second or less remains on the clock, a player may not gain control of the ball and try for a field goal. In this situation only a tap could score." I would have like to see how the rest of the game played out if that sequence were eliminated.
Agreed re the poor refereeing, Blueballer, but how is it a 'ridiculous flop' if the player simply takes a backward step or two and doesn't come close to falling. Terrible call, yet not a flop...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom