Week 17 - Feb 26 to Mar 4 (games, conf standings, NET) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Week 17 - Feb 26 to Mar 4 (games, conf standings, NET)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Amoore was unconscious! I think something like 8-14 on 3’s. Kitley came back on the bench after the injury, but didn’t return to the game. It was back and forth before she got hurt, but she was killing us (9-11 from the floor). I think UVA might have won anyway, but you never know. That being said, UVA played really tough.
Amoore also had a 3pt swish waved off late in the game due to an illegal screen being called.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Amoore also had a 3pt swish waved off late in the game due to an illegal screen being called.
Pretty iffy call. The screener did move, but the defender displaced her and she was just re-establishing position. IIRC if that bucket had counted it would've made a world of difference.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Not just a record for UVA, but the most fans to ever attend a woman’s bb game in the state of Virginia. Old record was a million years ago when the Final Four was held in Richmond. And yes, I’d say that about half the crowd (maybe more) was Tech fans. I was at the game and it was the loudest I’ve ever hear JPJ. The UVA fans seemed a bit louder than VT’s. Great basketball game!
At the old University Hall, they drew about 14,000 for a game against Maryland, when I think both teams were Top 10, maybe Top 5. It was probably expunged because the capacity for U Haul was about 8800. It violated fire code, and there were fines and much wrist slapping involved IIRC.

Reaction Score
At the old University Hall, they drew about 14,000 for a game against Maryland, when I think both teams were Top 10, maybe Top 5. It was probably expunged because the capacity for U Haul was about 8800. It violated fire code, and there were fines and much wrist slapping involved IIRC.
As much as I despised Maryland, I wish we could trade away BC or Syracuse for them right now. Miss those rivalries.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I was at the only sellout for a women's game ever at Hec Ed (Univ. of Washington). Capacity is 10,000, that was the official attendance listed, but I'm certain there were more people in the building. There was literally nowhere to sit during the first half. I was sitting on the steps in the aisle, along with quite a few other people (another fire code violation, yeah?). Some people moved at halftime and I got a seat. There was also a large side room set up with a tv showing the game out in the concourse and there were people in there.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
It's amazing how moving screens are quite effective in getting a shooter open.
Amoore would have been open even if there was not a screen, IMO.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's amazing how moving screens are quite effective in getting a shooter open.
Did you actually see it? Seemed like a very questionable call to me.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Did you actually see it? Seemed like a very questionable call to me.
Not questionable at all to me. The screener never gets set and literally walks into the defender to set the screen. If this isn't a moving screen then nothing is.

See 1:14:15 mark. (Watch it in real time since their replay truncates the action.)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not questionable at all to me. The screener never gets set and literally walks into the defender to set the screen. If this isn't a moving screen then nothing is.

See 1:14:15 mark. (Watch it in real time since their replay truncates the action.)

I'm going off my memory. I thought the defender initiated contact with the screener. I saw it live, and they showed a replay, it didn't seem like a blatant moving screen to me. I also seem to recall there was no way the defender was going to get to Amoore to challenge the shot whether there was any movement from the screener or not.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm going off my memory. I thought the defender initiated contact with the screener. I saw it live, and they showed a replay, it didn't seem like a blatant moving screen to me. I also seem to recall there was no way the defender was going to get to Amoore to challenge the shot whether there was any movement from the screener or not.
And this is why I linked the video and provided the time stamp, so as not to rely on faulty memory or misleading truncated replays.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And this is why I linked the video and provided the time stamp, so as not to rely on faulty memory or misleading truncated replays.
Too much trouble, have to log in, try to remember a password. You Tube clip or it didn't happen...:rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You realize that Amoore played way, way above her season percent averages right? She has no business being considered for any POY award as any metric scoring rating shows she is solely a volume shooter. She might truly be the 2nd best player on this VPI team but that alone should not qualify her any conference or national PoY consideration. It’s as if none of the analysts or commentators look at her numbers with any intelligence.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
You realize that Amoore played way, way above her season percent averages right? She has no business being considered for any POY award as any metric scoring rating shows she is solely a volume shooter. She might truly be the 2nd best player on this VPI team but that alone should not qualify her any conference or national PoY consideration. It’s as if none of the analysts or commentators look at her numbers with any intelligence.
I was commenting on Amoore's game against UVA, period.
Where you came up with any association with my post and POY awards is beyond me.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
As much as I despised Maryland, I wish we could trade away BC or Syracuse for them right now. Miss those rivalries.
I've been pushing for someone to take BC away from us for many years here at The Boneyard and there have been no takers. Which means, The Conte Forum will continue to serve as a funeral parlor and a
dungeon for, possibly, the remaining days of our lives.

Days.jpg

Reaction Score
I've been pushing for someone to take BC away from us for many years here at The Boneyard and there have been no takers. Which means, The Conte Forum will continue to serve as a funeral parlor and a
dungeon for, possibly, the remaining days of our lives.
Now with SMU, Stanford and Cal in the mix, the ACC will just seem more boring than it already is...

With Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC, things are going to be a BLAST!!!!!

In women's basketball, I hope we get a Longhorn-Gamecock rivalry started in women's basketball. I know Vic and Dawn had a thing doing back when he was at MSU...

Reaction Score
While I agree the ACC writers put her on the first team all ACC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom