Week 17 - Feb 26 to Mar 4 (games, conf standings, NET) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Week 17 - Feb 26 to Mar 4 (games, conf standings, NET)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Chalking up tOSU's loss today to the ongoing curse this season of the #2 ranking.
No, the #2 ranking is no more cursed than every ranking from #3 on down. Everyone except SC has lost.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hmm, Reese and Van Lith honored on Senior Day for LSU. That would seem to be a pretty good indication both aren't expected to return for their covid year isn't it?

Reaction Score
Vandy up 55-45 after three. Jordyn Cambridge hit a three-pointer at the buzzer for her 1,000th career points...on Senior Day. Needs one more steal to break the all-time program record.

Reaction Score
NC State up only 1 on Wake Forest after 3Q. This would be like UConn losing to Providence — with a healthy roster.
State really kicked on the jets in Q4!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Cheap end to the first half of Iowa-osu, with super lame tech call on cotie McMahon. Iowa end up with 6 points out of it.
That entire 6 point sequence was bogus. The initial foul call was an all ball block, then the ridiculous flop by Clark resulting in the tech and then the inbounds play which the Iowa player CAUGHT and shot with .3 on the clock. As we all know......... "When play is resumed with a throw-in or free throw and three-tenths (. 3) of a second or less remains on the clock, a player may not gain control of the ball and try for a field goal. In this situation only a tap could score." I would have like to see how the rest of the game played out if that sequence were eliminated.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@cancontent I thought you told me that Ohio State plays good defense

NC State up only 1 on Wake Forest after 3Q. This would be like UConn losing to Providence — with a healthy roster.

I told yall last week that Wake was the best 5-22 team in the country

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Great win for Iowa over Ohio State today. Hawks were clearly the better team from start to finish but definitely got some home cooking from the refs today. I think Iowa is legitimately the #2 team in the country if Gabby Marshall can hit her open looks. The problem is she's super hot and cold. Today she was excellent and her hitting even just a couple of open looks helps spread the floor immensely and completely changes Iowa's dynamic. Stuelke was dominant inside, but she'll need to bring that same feistiness against Holmes in the Big Ten semis next weekend.

The negative today is Molly Davis's injury and it didn't look good, needing to be carried off the court. If she's out, it's a big loss. They still have Affolter to step into the lineup and Feuerbach was phenomenal defensively during her minutes today, so maybe the potential loss wont be as bad but the overall depth and scoring takes a hit.

Next weekend is the best basketball weekend of the year IMO. Big Ten semis should be a blast to watch. Assuming Iowa or Ohio State win the Big Ten Tournament, their reward will likely be a #1 seed going into the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
Hoping for the very best for Davis. That did not look good. Having watched her at Central Michigan, she’s a total warrior and will never show it on her face but as we all know, knee injuries are often serious.

If she is out for the season, it’s a much bigger hit to Iowa than the box score would indicate. She’s their secondary handler and frees up Clark to play off the ball. Iowa will gain energy and rebounding production with more Affolter minutes but they’ve lost something they can’t replace if Davis is done IMO.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Notre Dame pulled away in the 2nd half, beat Louisville by 16. Cards have really stumbled down the stretch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SC s streak of double-digit home wins ends at 28, after beating LVs by only 8.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Notre Dame pulled away in the 2nd half, beat Louisville by 16. Cards have really stumbled down the stretch.
The Irish erased a 7-pt. deficit while shooting 85% en route to a 30-10 third quarter that, in effect, they coasted from.
They were led by --- who else? -- Hannah Hidalgo and Sonia Citron who were running and scoring, stealing (Hannah) and blocking (Citron had 4 blocks) and keeping the sold-out Purcell Pavilion in a happy mood.

For the efforts, the Irish get the #4 seed in the ACC playoffs and Charlie Creme just said he'd put 'em on a four line. The players and coaches should savor the former and I'll take the latter with a grain of salt until it happens.

@nwhoopfan --- you're right, Louisville is only 4-5 in last nine games.
ND has held five of its last six opponents to under 60 points and, the only one it didn't, Duke, had 62.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ACCT largely locked up I believe

1 Va Tech v 8 UNC/9 Mia
4 ND v 5 Lou/(12 Clem - 13 BC)

2 NCSt v 7 Duke /(10 GaT - 15 Pitt)
3 Syra v 6 FSU / (11 Va - 14 Wake)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SECT

1 SoCar v 8 MissSt / 9 TAMU
4 Bama v 5 Tenn / (12 Ky-13 Ga)

2 LSU v 7 Aub / 10 Ark
3 Miss v 6 Vandy / (11 Fla-14 Mo)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@cancontent I thought you told me that Ohio State plays good defense

I told yall last week that Wake was the best 5-22 team in the country
Typically they do. Only thing I could guess was Ohio State couldn't maintain their composure. It's not easy to play in that arena, if a team can't figure a way to play through it, they're screwed.

Reaction Score
PACT

1 Stan v 8 Cal/9 Wazzu
4 OreSt v 5 Col/12 Ore

2 USC v 7 Ariz/10 Wash
3 UCLA v 6 Utah/11 ASU

Though personally I’d rather have seen a bracket based on next years affiliation
  • Stan v Cal
  • Col v ASU / Utah v Ariz
  • UCLA v Ore / USC v Wash
  • OreSt v WashSt

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Typically they do. Only thing I could guess was Ohio State couldn't maintain their composure. It's not easy to play in that arena, if a team can't figure a way to play through it, they're screwed.
Could it be Iowa's offense is really hard to control? Look at their season results. Been held in the 60s a few times, otherwise a bunch of 80+, and 10x 100+. I would guess they lead the nation in eclipsing the century mark.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
PACT

1 Stan v 8 Cal/9 Wazzu
4 OreSt v 5 Col/12 Ore

2 UCLA v 7 Ariz/10 Wash
3 USC v 6 Utah/11 ASU

Though personally I’d rather have seen a bracket based on next years affiliation
  • Stan v Cal
  • OreSt v WashSt
Arizona, Washington St., Washington all fighting to get on the right side of the bubble. The better teams still jockeying for seeding in the Tourney. Could get a rubber match between the LA schools, and Oregon St. one more chance to beat Stanford. Of course it seems like there are almost always some surprises in the Pac 12 tourney, so this probably won't go entirely to chalk.

Reaction Score
Announcer for the duke NC game just said JuJu has a chance to break Caitlin’s record if she stays. She’s putting up 40 and 50 on the regular

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Announcer for the duke NC game just said JuJu has a chance to break Caitlin’s record if she stays. She’s putting up 40 and 50 on the regular
Yes, I'm watching the same game and heard Brooke Weisbrod say that.
Hmm. Just a few quick thoughts:
  • Juju' taken some 160 threes, which is not a small amount, but nowhere near CC. Three's help you get points faster for obvious reasons.
  • On the other hand, three of USC's other scorers are grad students, who will not be coming back. If incoming freshmen and/or new portal finds don't match the outgoing players, JuJu might start jacking up (even) more shots.

Plus, I've got to see more of JuJu to see if she has that Descartes approach like CC does: "I score, therefore I am." ;)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
She’s putting up 40 and 50 on the regular
I wouldn't say that. 30 sure, but higher than that has been rare.

Looked to make sure. 1 50 pt game, 1 40 pt game, 10 games in the 30s.

Reaction Score
PACT

1 Stan v 8 Cal/9 Wazzu
4 OreSt v 5 Col/12 Ore

2 UCLA v 7 Ariz/10 Wash
3 USC v 6 Utah/11 ASU

• Stan v Cal
  • OreSt v WashSt
Need to swap USC (#2) and UCLA (#3). USC wins the tie breaker as it beat Stanford and UCLA didn't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom