USA 16U Team Trials - General | Page 7 | The Boneyard

USA 16U Team Trials - General

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Brunelle, Bueckers, Boston, Taylor, Cooke, and Watson all reported UConn targets who made it and I'm sure Fudd will be a UConn target soon.

Maddie Burke and Haley Jones missed out.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The six who missed the final cut:

Jones, Parker, Burke, Brink, Baldwin, and Owusu.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
My first thought is that after reading comments from observers last weekend it's hard to believe Ramani Parker didn't make the team but Fran Belibi did.

Team-wise, I'd be a bit concerned about long-range shooting if I were rooting for the US.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd is a UConn target and has been since July of last year.
Music.jpg

Reaction Score
My first thought is that after reading comments from observers last weekend it's hard to believe Ramani Parker didn't make the team but Fran Belibi did.

Team-wise, I'd be a bit concerned about long-range shooting if I were rooting for the US.

to quote shades "You better Belibi it"

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Extensive observations from LaQuinta Thompson:

There were some who without question stood out with their impeccable footwork and shooting ability like 2021 5-11 Guard Azzi Fudd (Potomac School – Falls Church, VA.) She is an outstanding young player. She displayed great athleticism, strength, intensity and consistency throughout the four days of hard work.

Another standout in this area was 2020 6-0 Guard Maddie Burke (Central Bucks H.S. west- Doylestown, PA) She has a remarkable scoring ability around the rim but especially on the perimeter. She has a very consistent shot, good form, and a very high level IQ of the game.

2019 5-10 Guard Celeste Taylor (Long Island Lutheran H.S.- Valley Stream, NY) She was without a doubt in my mind was one of the most basketball ready players present. She has a sound skill set, scoring ability, quickness, explosive and consistent.

Guard Paige Bueckers (Hopkins H.S.- Eden Prairie, MN) She was another player who displayed good footwork, agility, and good shooting ability. She was also one who had a good vertical leap and strength to play physical.

I cant’s say enough about 2019 6-2 Forward Samantha Brunelle (William Monroe H.S. – Ruckersville, VA) She has amazingly good range behind the arc, beautiful form on her shot and she has the ability to finish unbalanced attempts. She moves well on the court with and without the ball, plays with confidence and was a role model for many of the younger players who attended.

Haley Jones 2019 6-1 Guard (Archbishop Mitty H.S. – Santa Cruz, CA). She has a skill set that doesn’t limit her much on the court. She is strong in attacking the paint and finishing. She plays physical and with intensity. She is constantly moving, and getting herself in the right position to either score or help a teammate.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
More from LaQuinta Thompson.

Aliyah Boston 2019 6-3 Forward (Worcester Academy – Worcester, MA) This young lady made huge improvements since last year. She slimmed down some, her footwork on the post was more fluid which allowed her to make good strong post moves and finishes. She was agile, good boxing out, good counter post moves. She’s still developing her shot and form but in the paint she is a beast, probably one of the best coming out.

Rickea Jackson 2019 6-1 Forward (Detroit Edison Public School Academy – Detroit, MI) is super athletic, she gets to the basket, has a quick first step which aids in her ability to beat her opponent off the dribble.

Zia Cooke 2019 5-9 Guard (Rogers H.S. – Toledo, OH) plays with intensity 100% of the time. She has excellent elevation on her shot. She is quick, and explosive to the basket. She has such a high motor that I thought she would wear out at some point but she played hard the entire trials. She has good ball-handling, and good court vision. She’s a good floor general, and vocal.

Kylee Watson 2020 6-3 Guard/Forward (Mainland Regional H.S. – Linwood, NJ) is athletic and can finish around the rim.. She did a great job off the pick and roll action, she is able to handle the ball and loves the reverse spin move. She has great potential with her size and qualities as a player.

THE ROAD TO THE FINAL 12: 2017 USA U16 GIRLS TRIALS

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If we can get baby Bruney I'd be happy.
Before BabyBruney arrives on campus UCONN will definitely have lost AAs KLS and Napheesa Collier to graduation. UCONN will also be definitely losing Azura Stevens if they had not done so a year prior. They could also be potentially losing Batouly Camara. That is an awful lot of fire power and experience so either class 2018 has got to grow or 2019 class becomes a huge haul-bigger than just BabyBruney.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Anyone interested in watching Azzi Fudd play can check out a slew of her AAU games from last summer in the hot link below. She's #35 in either white or black, the color indicated in each game description.

Jasmine Gholson

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom