UConn Villanova Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Villanova Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here’s what I don’t understand about Clingan. In our OOC season, his hands were unreal. Any ball that he could get a hand on, he caught and did something with. That hasn’t been the case for weeks and I don’t get it. There are a lot of struggles freshmen have as the season wears on, but why would catching balls around him be one of them.
It’s the physicality. The other team is allowed to maul him in BE play

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Oh man, don't I know it. This win streak is KILLING them on the inside. They are dying to come out from the under the bridge.
I don’t think anyone is upset that we are winning. Pretty much all of our criticisms have been addressed and we are on a streak now. Almost everything we complained about has changed. Shoutout to Hurley for making the adjustments throughout the season to have this team looking dangerous down the stretch.

Reaction Score
I bet the majority of this board never saw Nadav play. But there is definitely some Nadav in AK's game. A very high compliment. But Nadav was better in many facets.
We played a different game back then. More full court and trapping. Wish he had played a few more years.

Reaction Score
I'm so happy Andre finally figured his game out. I was really critical of him on here when we were struggling. When he plays with confidence, he's the best x-factor glue guy in the country. He understands his role on offense now and it's changed everything. What a beast

Reaction Score
This is a game where not having a small guard like Cole in the backcourt helps. Villanova couldn't back our guards up for easy hoops due to our height and strength. AJ with another good game after bottoming out a few games ago. He is playing well as the glue guy and making shots too. Also, Karaban is just really good and under appreciated. That boy can game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hurley after the Marquette win was yelling at the crowd “What you got to say now?!”. I get the feeling he doesn’t love the fans sometimes.
But I still love it because it looks like it has put that chip on the team’s shoulders and I think it has removed the jitters when they play. I am all for him and the team keeping that edge.

Reaction Score
On defense, Clingan comes off the dribbler too much when he’s in the paint and near the rim instead of helping out. Looks like he’s afraid to leave his assigned man. Just an area to improve on, love seeing my fellow BCHS alum out there.

Reaction Score
The defense was unbelievable throughout the game. Great help defense at all times changed their whole plan and made a bad shooting team shoot it from the perimeter much more than they wanted to. AJ was all over the place, Newton was solid on both ends, Sanogo and Hawk good. Alex proved to be the best freshman in the BE with an excellent game on both ends. Amazing thing is 3 points from the bench that has been so impactful yet they still hammered the Wildcats at their place.

The stripes did everything possible on both ends to keep them in the game in the 2nd half but couldn’t help at all.

Great finish to the season, the defense alone makes them a threat moving forward.

Gonna play on ornery PC team bring the A game. Here we go!

Reaction Score
Hurley after the Marquette win was yelling at the crowd “What you got to say now?!”. I get the feeling he doesn’t love the fans sometimes.
Are you kidding? Hurley feeds off that. That is the jersey city in him. He repeatedly says how great the UConn fanbase is. He told a story once about his days at seton hall and how home games for them felt like away games vs UConn.

Reaction Score
I can’t express how big a fan I am of Alex Karaban. The kid is a complete player and one of the smartest players on the court as a freshman. He never forces things and always plays under control. Really impressive season for anyone, let alone a freshman. Congrats Alex!!!!

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Karaban with 16/6/4 with 4 blocks on 75% shooting. 1 TO. No hesitation to put the game away at the line. Dagger before the halftime buzzer.

When is the last time we had a freshman this poised in the biggest moments?
You can debate if he was a true freshman but Doron Sheffer comes to mind.
What a great team effort!

Reaction Score
Why would he? Some didn't just offer constructive criticism. They crushed him. Didn't even allow for the fact that he could possibly get the swagger back

Reaction Score
Are you kidding? Hurley feeds off that. That is the jersey city in him. He repeatedly says how great the UConn fanbase is. He told a story once about his days at seton hall and how home games for them felt like away games vs UConn.
It may have given him fodder for the future run he put together but it doesn't mean he loves the fans who left the program for dead in January. It was one thing to admit things weren't going well, from a fan point of view, but look back at the threads from that time. I'd shut the door on those fans too. He didn't say "I Hate you all" but it makes sense to say "save those flowers"

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley can coach. Period.

Until the team loses and then half this board will want to hunt him down

1678020788583.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads