UConn Villanova Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn Villanova Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
True and many people are guilty of recency bias. Providence is going to come out angry after they got embarrassed by Seton Hall at the AMP on senior day. UConn will have to match that intensity.
Don't you expect UConn to geared up like never before? This is a group with a ton of talent and our coach and veteran stars have yet to accomplish anything in tournament play. We're playing to win the tournament and to get a 2 seed.

Reaction Score
Don't you expect UConn to geared up like never before? This is a group with a ton of talent and our coach and veteran stars have yet to accomplish anything in tournament play. We're playing to win the tournament and to get a 2 seed.
I think UConn will bring it and they will have to. I think Clingan can be more of a factor in this game as Croswell, Moore, and Castro are not outside shooters. Nova is a terrible match up for Clingan

Reaction Score
You just continue to ignore the fact that it's two teams playing these games in a single elim tournament setting. Should UConn beat PC? Absolutely, and they probably will. Could PC shoot lights out and take us down? That's also a real possibility.

pWin% vs PC = 75%
pWin% vs Marquette = ~56%

The above win probabilities are about as good as it gets against tournament caliber teams on neutral courts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You just continue to ignore the fact that it's two teams playing these games in a single elim tournament setting. Should UConn beat PC? Absolutely, and they probably will. Could PC shoot lights out and take us down? That's also a real possibility.

pWin% vs PC = 75%
pWin% vs Marquette = ~56%

The above win probabilities are about as good as it gets against tournament caliber teams on neutral courts.
I'm not ignoring anything. I came on here this morning and it's a bunch of posters talking about how scary this Providence team is because they're really going to want this win. UConn is really going to want this win too and UConn is clearly the better team. Could UConn pull a no show, it's possible but I don't expect it with the way we're playing.

The expectations are so low around here, it's weird considering the team we have.

Reaction Score
I'm with @pj it's been an impressive coaching job. I had one main reservation about Hurley, that he wasn't very flexible or adaptable. He saw what opponents were doing, learned from it, and changed where needed. It's the kind of thing he didn't do as well the last couple of years. The result is a team that's been tested and has improved in response to it.
Just thinking that maybe, maybe if the January schedule had been balanced instead of a multi-game gauntlet of the top BE teams we’d have gone like 5-3 instead of 2-6.

That happens and DH might never have felt any need to change things up offensively and defensively. It’s those changes that ultimately lead to our resurgence. That tough January stretch was a blessing in disguise.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Or, and hear me out, several people here made accurate observations about what had gone wrong because they watch the games and know a little about basketball. Hurley and staff made several changes that ended up addressing the points that any astute observer would have noticed about the team. We aren't D1 coaches. He's not listening to us. Doesn't mean some posters weren't right.

I'm with @pj it's been an impressive coaching job. I had one main reservation about Hurley, that he wasn't very flexible or adaptable. He saw what opponents were doing, learned from it, and changed where needed. It's the kind of thing he didn't do as well the last couple of years. The result is a team that's been tested and has improved in response to it.
Yup. The changes have worked very well. Hopefully there’s been changes when the game gets tight or we have to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom