UConn Football Class of 2022 NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info (12/15/21>12/17/21) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Class of 2022 NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info (12/15/21>12/17/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I’m glad Tim kept his commitment. Cocoa is the next town over from me. Cocoa High is one of the most successful programs in Florida in the past 15 years. They will be playing for 4A championship against Cardinal Gibbons of Ft Lauderdale tomorrow night. This would be their fifth in that time period.

Welcome Tim and good luck tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I don't follow this closely enough to know, but it seems that many good HS TEs likely don't have the speed to play the position at the FBS level, but may have a frame and enough athleticism to become very good LBs or DEs. Given our haul of TEs today, it would seem that Mora is planning to convert some. It also may be a way to get a better player with some development, one who might have been more heavily recruited at a position requiring more depth.
Based on the positions the recruits were listed for, Mora brought in 2 TEs, Joly and Estes. Mountali is listed as an athlete and Voorhis and Hoffman are listed as DL.

Reaction Score
One QB on board:

Cale Millen is a 6-4 190lb QB from Snoquamie Washington attending Northern Arizona University. (Transfer Portal). Transferred from Oregon to NAU.

This is an absolutely huge deal. He has all the tools. Projected as a day 2 draftee out of high school. That’s the most talent we’ve had here in a while. 3 years of eligibility

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Wow, nice pick up. He was a 4-star recruit out of HS that went to Oregon before transferring out. Is the son of former NFL QB Hugh Millen.

Very nice pick up here with lots of potential upside!

Reaction Score
So this is Millen's 2nd transfer in as many years. Does he get to play next season and what's his deal? I love the pick up, but 2 transfers in back to back years is a bit worrisome.

Reaction Score
I don't follow this closely enough to know, but it seems that many good HS TEs likely don't have the speed to play the position at the FBS level, but may have a frame and enough athleticism to become very good LBs or DEs. Given our haul of TEs today, it would seem that Mora is planning to convert some. It also may be a way to get a better player with some development, one who might have been more heavily recruited at a position requiring more depth.
I think that’s right. These guys are big and athletic and that is enough in high school. In college they are not fast enough and can’t overcome that because everyone is athletic. Same with quarterbacks and why lots end up as d backs or receivers or running backs. Lots of those guys are the best athletes on the team so high school coaches want then handling the football all the time. I had a friend who coached at BC a few years ago and I remember him saying when they recruit the often looked at quarterbacks when they wanted other position players.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
So this is Millen's 2nd transfer in as many years. Does he get to play next season and what's his deal? I love the pick up, but 2 transfers in back to back years is a bit worrisome.

There has to be a reason Mora took him because he specifically called out that he wouldn't take transfers that have transferred many times.

Reaction Score
There has to be a reason Mora took him because he specifically called out that he wouldn't take transfers that have transferred many times.
I looked up what was said about his transfer from Oregon and it basically was that he was buried on the depth chart and never played an offensive snap. He was though appearing asking how to help the team and played on special teams.

Reaction Score
Based on Mora's comments about a QB per class, I think this is what the QB room could look like:

1 year of eligibility: TBD
2 years of eligibility: Steven Krajewski
3 years of eligibility: Cale Millen
4 years of eligibility: Tyler P.
Walkon: Jacob Drena

Maybe he brings in another HS QB as well because of Tyler P's injury.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m glad Tim kept his commitment. Cocoa is the next town over from me. Cocoa High is one of the most successful programs in Florida in the past 15 years. They will be playing for 4A championship against Cardinal Gibbons of Ft Lauderdale tomorrow night. This would be their fifth in that time period.

Welcome Tim and good luck tomorrow.
Is that the town the big sucker at qb mora offered who was in the article on The Athletic?

Davin wydner

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

I was coming here to ask becuase I thought he had to sit.

Reaction Score
I believe he and Hugh are friends. I read that somewhere anyway.

Reaction Score
Based on Mora's comments about a QB per class, I think this is what the QB room could look like:

1 year of eligibility: TBD
2 years of eligibility: Steven Krajewski
3 years of eligibility: Cale Millen
4 years of eligibility: Tyler P.
Walkon: Jacob Drena

Maybe he brings in another HS QB as well because of Tyler P's injury.
I would really like for us to be at 5, ideally a transfer of some sort and a HS freshman

Reaction Score

This isn't hard. Mora was roommates with the kid's father (former 8 year NFL pro Hugh Millen) at the University of Washington. Lifelong friends - you can find that in Seattle papers; Hugh is a sports radio personality. And coached his kid. Cale Millen was top 4 player recruit his year out of the State with lots of offers. Big time arm (you can find multiple YouTubes)

Plus his Mom is hot

Reaction Score
Look at Millen's HS recruiting profile:

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 6.33.34 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads