UConn Football Class of 2022 NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info (12/15/21>12/17/21) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Class of 2022 NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info (12/15/21>12/17/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its clear - Mora is showing a interest in those DE/TE tweeners. Lets see if that continues with the Feb signing period as well.

I remember the last time Cincinnati came to the Rent, every dude on that sideline looked to be 6'4 and 240.
JM likened Denzel Mountali to a Anthony Barr type ... so, sounds like this young man very well ends up on defense...

and that'd make sense for the Hoffman signing if it does indeed happen within the next 48 hours... he'd probably stick at TE....

Reaction Score
JM likened Denzel Mountali to a Anthony Barr type ... so, sounds like this young man very well ends up on defense...

and that'd make sense for the Hoffman signing if it does indeed happen within the next 48 hours... he'd probably stick at TE....

The video posted by Mora had Hoffman listed at DE

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Its clear - Mora is showing a interest in those DE/TE tweeners. Lets see if that continues with the Feb signing period as well.

I remember the last time Cincinnati came to the Rent, every dude on that sideline looked to be 6'4 and 240.
I also remember the last coach we had that recruited 20 Tight Ends and tweeners didn't work out so well. PP used to talk about prototype size for a position. It appears some of these guys have more athleticism than those recruited under that regime.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I also remember the last coach we had that recruited 20 Tight Ends and tweeners didn't work out so well. PP used to talk about prototype size for a position. It appears some of these guys have more athleticism than those recruited under that regime.
We shall see....certainly cannot ignore the parallel to DiscoRedPants. But its only part of the signing class, lets see what comes by way of transfer and in the Feb period.

Hoffman has great speed - thought TE was his future.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think the answer to the not announcing Transfers is simpler. Is businesslawyer still around

This is THE Signing Day: JUCO & HS prospective inbound executed a contract today and placed it in the University's inbox to be processed. Obviously, this has been this way for years.

There is NO contract through the Transfer Portal. Nothing signed. Committed? Verbal saying you're in. If you look at how several schools are handling this ... it is relatively consistent. Most don't announce or release the transfer names with the other. Buffalo did; I quickly looked at 4 or 5.

There is a story of a guy who was a Utah starting center until late July. Entered the Transfer Portal the first week of August ... and was starting for Mississippi on Game One. After he had surfaced at 2 other schools. Unama is his name. Goes both ways - University doesn't have contractual obligation either.

Reaction Score
I think the answer to the not announcing Transfers is simpler. Is businesslawyer still around

This is THE Signing Day: JUCO & HS prospective inbound executed a contract today and placed it in the University's inbox to be processed. Obviously, this has been this way for years.

There is NO contract through the Transfer Portal. Nothing signed. Committed? Verbal saying you're in. If you look at how several schools are handling this ... it is relatively consistent. Most don't announce or release the transfer names with the other. Buffalo did; I quickly looked at 4 or 5.

There is a story of a guy who was a Utah starting center until late July. Entered the Transfer Portal the first week of August ... and was starting for Mississippi on Game One. After he had surfaced at 2 other schools. Unama is his name. Goes both ways - University doesn't have contractual obligation either.

I'm not an expert on this, but I think transfers just enroll. Whenever the school enrolls him as a student, it can be announced. But I don't think there is an equivalent to a date regulated NLOI.

Reaction Score
I like what I'm seeing so far. Mora's been an analyst for the last 4 years so he's been closely watching college football. I think that had given a lot of perspective on top of his relative great coaching resume. I think he's killing it so far. Love the size he's got coming in.

Reaction Score
I think the answer to the not announcing Transfers is simpler.

This is THE Signing Day: JUCO & HS prospective inbound executed a contract today and placed it in the University's inbox to be processed. Obviously, this has been this way for years. There is NO contract through the Transfer Portal. Nothing signed. Committed? Verbal saying you're in. If you look at how several schools are handling this ... it is relatively consistent. Most don't announce or release the transfer names with the other. Buffalo did; I quickly looked at 4 or 5. Goes both ways - University doesn't have contractual obligation either.
As I had posted above in this thread from :

Edsall who made this comment regarding transfers "(RE) suggested adding a binding letter of intent to the transfer process, to avoid situations like the one he experienced this offseason when defensive lineman Michael Hinton abruptly switched his commitment from UConn to Tulane." but..... IIRC, Hinton signed an aid agreement, but it still wasn't binding.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well we get Hoffman but as a DL not a TE. That's good he's very well thought of.
I don't follow this closely enough to know, but it seems that many good HS TEs likely don't have the speed to play the position at the FBS level, but may have a frame and enough athleticism to become very good LBs or DEs. Given our haul of TEs today, it would seem that Mora is planning to convert some. It also may be a way to get a better player with some development, one who might have been more heavily recruited at a position requiring more depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom