Transfer Portal Window 2023 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We need a guard that can get in the lane though. Hopefully the staff gets on that at the conclusion of the season.
Yep. We can discreetly get the word out to players we want up until the annual coach/player chats but must wait on who’s coming back. Can’t risk forcing any trsnsfers.

Reaction Score
Too short (see Bynum) for the BE and from a lower major.
Not too short if he has skill. Was Boatright too short? This kid isn't anywhere near as athletic, but he shot 42% from deep. He can most certainly have a role here.

Side note: He averaged 23.5 ppg in the two games against Iona this season.

Reaction Score
We're not taking this guy, but just a warning about why recruiting rankings are not always a predictor of success in college.

The 6-foot-10, 240-pound sophomore from Brampton, Ontario saw limited playing time during his two years with the Sun Devils, averaging just over three minutes a game this season. Boakye averaged 0.7 points and 0.7 rebounds on the year.

Boakye is a former four-star recruit and was the No. 26 overall player in the nation from the 2021 cycle, according to the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

Remember Aidan Iglehorn (Sp?) from that Kofi, Wahab class? Might have been a 5 star and still doesn’t play even at Grand Canyon. He was That first guy off the bus physique that never put it together. Chose L-Ville outta HS.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Not too short if he has skill. Was Boatright too short? This kid isn't anywhere near as athletic, but he shot 42% from deep. He can most certainly have a role here.

Side note: He averaged 23.5 ppg in the two games against Iona this season.
yeah - i thought all the critics said we need a lightning quick ball handler to help with pressure ... even if a little on the short side.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
yeah - i thought all the critics said we need a lightning quick ball handler to help with pressure ... even if a little on the short side.
Castle and Andre can likely handle ball pressure. We might need someone to relieve some scoring pressure though.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Can we get someone to talk to Tylor Perry of North Texas about entering the portal and joining UConn for next season? We can do that right?

Reaction Score

Not the worst option to fill the Joey C role, provided we get a starting-caliber guard to replace Hawk. I have confidence we’ll be a very attractive landing spot for some quality players if we need them.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He's getting NIL money. Merch sales are fair game, and he and Samson went to the Bahamas to get NIL stuff going a few months ago. Tschiebwe has a 3 million $ NIL deal and he isn't a citizen.
Thanks then the info I heard was wrong. I am glad he is receiving some financial help

caw

Reaction Score
I would love Clayton. Convince him that we're the big dogs.

So who does SJU cut from their 1-2 to add the Iona backcourt?

Posh, Curbelo are both juniors and seem to be back (assuming they are wanted)

At the two/three they have Wusu/Storr/Pinson/Mathis at the minimum, I think they have more but that's who I can recall.

Reaction Score

At the two/three they have Wusu/Storr/Pinson/Mathis at the minimum, I think they have more but that's who I can recall.
Was anything said in the last two days to suggest Curbelo would be back? Based on his suspensions/behavior this year, he seems like an obvious choice to be shown the door in favor of one of Pitino’s guys.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Academic issues will force either Posh, Curbello, or Storr out is the rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom