2020 Recruiting: - Seth Towns grad transfer | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Seth Towns grad transfer

Reaction Score
Marfo at QU is a man amongst boys on that team. Not particularly tall for a center but he is huge and a force on the court. Would make a good grad transfer.

Edit: he must have played for Coach Moore too, right?

Reaction Score
Do people not usually fully recover from injuries like his? He has almost a year to rehab.
He should be fine physically by next season. The mental process of believing it is good to go all out is a process just like regaining range of motion and then strength was.

Reaction Score
When news broke that Seth Towns was done for the season and would be a graduate transfer, my phone blew up with college coaches looking to learn more. Towns drew attention because of the numbers he put up at Harvard during the 2017-2018 season (averaged nearly 16 ppg and 6 rpg). It’s a unique situation. He didn’t play last year, and because he can’t do graduate school at Harvard and play, he’s forced to go elsewhere next season. The kicker is he can do so, and play for two seasons. A native of Columbus, Ohio State is the school that initially comes to mind for Towns. He’ll have/has plenty of high-major suitors, but Ohio State is the school getting the most buzz.

When I reached Towns to see what the next phase of his recruitment might look like, he was still sorting everything out.

"More schools than I expected," Towns said. "Couldn't give you a number."

Reaction Score
It's gotta be Ohio State.

I can't see Brakefield/Moore/Coleman/Baker and possibly Hurt cede time to Towns.

However, EJ Liddell and Kyle Young would be Towns' biggest competitors for PT. Young is a solid depth frontcourt guy and Liddell was not impressive despite being a good recruit and he possibly needs more time.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
It's gotta be Ohio State.

I can't see Brakefield/Moore/Coleman/Baker and possibly Hurt cede time to Towns.

However, EJ Liddell and Kyle Young would be Towns' biggest competitors for PT. Young is a solid depth frontcourt guy and Liddell was not impressive despite being a good recruit and he possibly needs more time.
Liddell is a good young player and Young is a role player. Young and Towns would compete for time depending upon Towns rebounding ability and his interior D.

Reaction Score
Something about him and his pouring of love to Coach K makes me hope he doesn't excel. Don't know why (besides the fact I'm not a Big 10 fan) but he hasn't seen the court in 2 years hardly and he's enamored with himself it seems. While I would have liked him to say yes to us and then HOPED he played well, it's just kind of strange to me. Could be way off and while I don't hope he breaks down I really don't care at this point for him as a player either way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom