2020 Recruiting: - Seth Towns grad transfer | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Seth Towns grad transfer

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
It doesn't look like he's played this year at all. When was he injured?

Reaction Score
Miller was one of my favorite players of the Ollie era. He and his team should have accomplished much more.

Jalen needed one more year and I think they could've made a run. He was just so young

Reaction Score
So he will have played two years and then sat out two years? Meaning as a grad transfer he gets to play 20-21 and apply to the NCAA for a 6th year which he should be entitled to if he wants it?

If you're confident he'll be healthy it's an easy call. He shoots as well as Polley from deep but does far, far more things well. If you're not confident he's healthy, but you sign him as the 13th man on your roster where if he never recovers you still have two more bodies than this year and he only takes a schollie for the one year, still not a bad thing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jalen needed one more year and I think they could've made a run. He was just so young

Eh. The team didn't have a true point and I'm not sure that good but not great teams can make a run in the tourney without a true point.

pj

Reaction Score
Well then that has me even more excited!

It has me less excited, because now I know the big fish we're in on is less big than Seth Towns.

Reaction Score
Standards have gotten pretty low around here. I'll pass.

This belief that we're slumming to go after a smaller conference POY because he wasn't highly rated coming out of high school is absurd. They don't give those away and they're much better indications of success than how someone looked as a 16 year old. True for Cole and true for Towns.

Reaction Score
With the way college sports are now, you take a good 2 year player. Guys come and go in today’s game. I suspect we’ll have 2-3 scholarships available as we experience some churn now that Danny is seeing that he needs a full roster of his own guys ASAP.

Reaction Score
He was considered an NBA player pre injury. He isn’t at the least a UConn level bench player?
"Pre injury." He's now post injuries (2 surgeries on his knees). Big difference.

I often wonder how many non-UConn games boneyarders watch. This kid is really good when healthy
"When healthy." He's not right now.

I don't want to say he definitely won't be good after the surgeries. But where UConn is as a program right now I don't think they can take risks like this. Everyone says he can just be the 13th scholarship player if things don't work out but do you want to take him and then pass on something really god you might be able to get in the spring? Just because he may be the 13th player on the roster doesn't mean he is replacing another player who might be the 13th player.

Reaction Score
"Pre injury." He's now post injuries (2 surgeries on his knees). Big difference.

"When healthy." He's not right now.

I don't want to say he definitely won't be good after the surgeries. But where UConn is as a program right now I don't think they can take risks like this. Everyone says he can just be the 13th scholarship player if things don't work out but do you want to take him and then pass on something really god you might be able to get in the spring? Just because he may be the 13th player on the roster doesn't mean he is replacing another player who might be the 13th player.
I trust the staff to determine if he’ll be healthy

Reaction Score
I trust the staff to determine if he’ll be healthy
I could potentially agree with you on that but not even a doctor could be 100% right on whether he could be back healthy and ready to contribute. And guys coming off surgeries like this usually take at least a year to recover. So next year he's in all likelihood not contributing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom