2020 Recruiting: - Seth Towns grad transfer | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Seth Towns grad transfer

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
I do believe that senior Jordan Bruner of Yale will graduate with a year of eligibility left.6-8 power forward who can score and rebound. Can also run the floor.

Reaction Score
I do believe that senior Jordan Bruner of Yale will graduate with a year of eligibility left.6-8 power forward who can score and rebound. Can also run the floor.

Yes, he will graduate, has a year of eligibility, and will transfer because he is ineligible under Ivy League rules. He dominated against UNC in a close loss and would be a great pickup.

Reaction Score
Yes, he will graduate, has a year of eligibility, and will transfer because he is ineligible under Ivy League rules. He dominated against UNC in a close loss and would be a great pickup.
He’s great, but I think blue bloods will be on him.

Reaction Score

One of the leading shotblockers and can hit the 3 too. Really good passer as well. I've seen them practice a few times--great leadership qualities.

Not sure he'd look at a rebuilding uconn with akok though.

Reaction Score
One of the leading shotblockers and can hit the 3 too. Really good passer as well. I've seen them practice a few times--great leadership qualities.

Not sure he'd look at a rebuilding uconn with akok though.
I really do like the idea of them as our frontcourt after seeing what we’ve done with a “traditional center” this year. But still, we’d be a tough sell for the reasons you outlined.

Reaction Score
This belief that we're slumming to go after a smaller conference POY because he wasn't highly rated coming out of high school is absurd. They don't give those away and they're much better indications of success than how someone looked as a 16 year old. True for Cole and true for Towns.

Cole is SO much better than people here realize. I am loving Cole and Gaffney at the point next season. Once Gaffney gets his confidence, he will be an impact player. He is very athletic, and due to the ankle injury we haven't seen that...yet.
Gaffney will be a damn good backup point guard as a Soph.

Reaction Score
So is the "big fish" Cliff or someone else??

And give me Towns all day everyday. Scholarship openings be damned!

Reaction Score
Jordan Bruner would be fantastic and Kevin Marfo (Quinnipiac) would be a solid grad transfer option. Marfo leads college basketball in RPG.
And I think Towns is 100% a guy to go after and take a chance on him staying healthy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jordan Bruner would be fantastic and Kevin Marfo (Quinnipiac) would be a solid grad transfer option. Marfo leads college basketball in RPG.
And I think Towns is 100% a guy to go after and take a chance on him staying healthy.
URI under Hurley recruited Marfo hard out of highschool

Reaction Score

Btw, there is also a section titled "Sit-out transfers eligible for the 2020-21 season" and Cole is 12th.

2. RJ Cole, 6-foot-1, 185 pounds, PG, RS Sophomore, UConn (from Howard)
One of the most productive players in college basketball last season, Cole will look to translate his numbers at a higher level in the AAC. He averaged 21.4 points, 4.1 rebounds and 6.4 assists.

Reaction Score
i take it you never drank the "2020 preseason top 25" koolaid?
For me, it depends on how we look at the end of the year and what final addition(s) we make, but probably not top 25.

Reaction Score
With the terrible news about Polley I think pursuing Towns makes even more sense than it did before. We need shooters next year badly
Do people not usually fully recover from injuries like his? He has almost a year to rehab.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom