2023 Recruiting: - Scotty Middleton, "I want coaches who aren't going to tell me what I want to hear" | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Scotty Middleton, "I want coaches who aren't going to tell me what I want to hear"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think they said the new (or possibly original but misinterpreted) plan was to announce a commitment date before the start of peach jam.
So I guess that’s a maybe or ??

Reaction Score
Hearing things I don’t like…
Does that mean he’s not coming here or does Hurley still have a shot? I don’t follow mens basketball recruiting as closely as I used to. Thanks

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20220717-101356_Twitter.jpg

Reaction Score
You and @husky99 have been fairly reliable in giving us insight into our recruiting tea leaves. I Very much appreciate both of you for your willingness to share the information you get from your sources.
+1.

Also @NJHoops's handle/avatar makes it fun to imagine that Bob Hurley is the man behind the account and he's spending some of his precious time making this forum a better place.

Just in case, thanks, Bob.

Reaction Score
For reasons I mentioned before (one major one), any choice other than Ohio State would be a surprise at this point. An exciting week of recruiting ahead!
What was the major reason? Think I missed that.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
+1.

Also @NJHoops's handle/avatar makes it fun to imagine that Bob Hurley is the man behind the account and he's spending some of his precious time making this forum a better place.

Definitely makes this forum better. Had similar suspicion it could be Bob. The lack of fire in the comments gives me pause. Does the family basketball acumen extend to mom? Either way he’s someone who is familiar with Dan and has known Coach for a long time.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What was the major reason? Think I missed that.
Click NJHoops messages and you will see the post he made about Slater predicted Ohio State several months ago and it would be very surprising if that result was otherwise.

Reaction Score
Definitely makes this forum better. Had similar suspicion it could be Bob. The lack of fire in the comments gives me pause. Does the family basketball acumen extend to mom? Either way he’s someone who is familiar with Dan and has known Coach for a long time.
He got really fiery during the tampering hullabaloo. Another point in favor of the conspiracy theory.

Reaction Score
+1.

Click NJHoops messages and you will see the post he made about Slater predicted Ohio State several months ago and it would be very surprising if that result was otherwise.

He got really fiery during the tampering hullabaloo. Another point in favor of the conspiracy theory.

*She

Reaction Score
I live in Columbus, and it always baffles me when I hear OSU getting recruits over the likes of basketball 1st schools like UCONN. Basketball is just an afterthought at a football school like Ohio State, and always will be. Makes no sense to me, and I have always wondered what goes through these recruits minds. Passion for basketball is just not there at OSU. It's just a placemat for Big Ten football. That is all.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I live in Columbus, and it always baffles me when I hear OSU getting recruits over the likes of basketball 1st schools like UCONN. Basketball is just an afterthought at a football school like Ohio State, and always will be. Makes no sense to me, and I have always wondered what goes through these recruits minds. Passion for basketball is just not there at OSU. It's just a placemat for Big Ten football. That is all.
Money and prestige. The football program builds the overall brand of the school up. And they have lots to spend on NIL.

Reaction Score

NIL money. A lot of it.

Reaction Score
Back on topic, but with the new offers to recruits at positions redundant/adjacent to Middleton, I’ve mentally moved on him weeks ago.

Nice of him putting us in his top-5, though.

I’m still very excited at the prospects of the ‘23 class, both in who we have already and who we might add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom