2023 Recruiting: - Scotty Middleton, "I want coaches who aren't going to tell me what I want to hear" | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Scotty Middleton, "I want coaches who aren't going to tell me what I want to hear"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i'd rather have coen than scotty. recruiting a W that can't shoot seemed like a 180 based on our other '22 and '23 targets. it's just that a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. plus you just feel bad for staff putting in all that effort to possibly come up short. someone will have stolen a guy out of KU's backyard even if they werent really interested.
Is Coen a shooter? He looks like a strong athletic freak, his highlights are all crazy power dunks. I know nothing about his game other than highlights but he looks like a slasher/dunker. I'm sure he hits some jump shots like Middleton does but I doubt anyone would call either of them shooters.

Reaction Score
You cannot follow “no disrespect” with actual disrespect.

“Why did your information change when the information changed?” is not the ‘gotcha’ you seem to think it is.
Following public information and making guesses doesn’t make you an insider. Still waiting to hear the new information that our expert was asking around for. My guess is it will come out right after something breaks on Twitter or a christal ball comes out.

Reaction Score
i'd rather have coen than scotty. recruiting a W that can't shoot seemed like a 180 based on our other '22 and '23 targets. it's just that a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. plus you just feel bad for staff putting in all that effort to possibly come up short. someone will have stolen a guy out of KU's backyard even if they werent really interested.
Jaylin steward >

Reaction Score
Following public information and making guesses doesn’t make you an insider. Still waiting to hear the new information that our expert was asking around for. My guess is it will come out right after something breaks on Twitter or a christal ball comes out.
FYI, Husky99 does a lot more than follow public information and most appreciate what he offers. Maybe you are new. If you want guarantees following recruiting may not be for you because nobody other than the player himself and maybe his parents know for sure. Sometimes people who pass on the information to him are wrong. Sometimes things change quickly in recruiting, especially with NIL deals now. Money can change things in a hurry. Shaming people like Zionn, Matrim, Husky99, etc...wil just put you in the dark even more. Nobody bats 100 in this landscape. Don't hate, appreciate!

Reaction Score
FYI, Husky99 does a lot more than follow public information and most appreciate what he offers. Maybe you are new. If you want guarantees following recruiting may not be for you because nobody other than the player himself and maybe his parents know for sure. Sometimes people who pass on the information to him are wrong. Sometimes things change quickly in recruiting, especially with NIL deals now. Money can change things in a hurry. Shaming people like Zionn, Matrim, Husky99, etc...wil just put you in the dark even more. Nobody bats 100 in this landscape. Don't hate, appreciate!
Exactly

Reaction Score
Is Coen a shooter? He looks like a strong athletic freak, his highlights are all crazy power dunks. I know nothing about his game other than highlights but he looks like a slasher/dunker. I'm sure he hits some jump shots like Middleton does but I doubt anyone would call either of them shooters.
my thinking was that as opposed to scotty, who at 6'6' 180 is a pure SF, i've seen coen listed at 6'7 215 so he's more of a 3/4.

i think coen can shoot it well enough to play 3/4 whereas scotty's poor shooting at the 3 would really hamstring us on offense, a la AJ.

Reaction Score
It is possible to get Middleton and one of Carr/Stewart if Hawkins and/or Jackson go pro, correct?

Reaction Score
It is possible to get Middleton and one of Carr/Stewart if Hawkins and/or Jackson go pro, correct?
until we finalize the class of '22 analyzing the scholarship grid will continue to give me a headache, but yes. So far we have 3 guys signed for '23 and i think we sign 2 more before next summer.

Reaction Score
my thinking was that as opposed to scotty, who at 6'6' 180 is a pure SF, i've seen coen listed at 6'7 215 so he's more of a 3/4.

i think coen can shoot it well enough to play 3/4 whereas scotty's poor shooting at the 3 would really hamstring us on offense, a la AJ.
Is Coen really 6’7 ?
Some sites have him at 6’4 …
& has castle grown to 6’6-‘6’7 ? That would be great

Reaction Score
If this guy can't shoot the ball then maybe it's better if we miss out. Like @bendm said, it's a total 180 on Hurley's "new philosophy" about getting more guys that can shoot the ball.

Reaction Score
If this guy can't shoot the ball then maybe it's better if we miss out. Like @bendm said, it's a total 180 on Hurley's "new philosophy" about getting more guys that can shoot the ball.
Where is this stuff that Coen is a shooter coming from? Castle and Ball aren't known as shooters, those are the kind of players Hurley has always really seemed to like. Ross looks to be a pretty good shooter.

Reaction Score

This is true for some insiders on here. It is not true for 99.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Husky99 has ever described himself as an “insider” nor a “recruiting expert”. In fact, I think multiple times he’s gone out of his way to say he is neither. Those are labels you threw on him to bash him when the info he got changed. That makes you a pretty petty person at best but hope you got your rocks off.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Is Coen really 6’7 ?
Some sites have him at 6’4 …
& has castle grown to 6’6-‘6’7 ? That would be great
Coen's had a growth spurt and has spoken about new found coordination and development contributing to his dominance in play. 247 has him at 6'7".

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Coen's had a growth spurt and has spoken about new found coordination and development contributing to his dominance in play. 247 has him at 6'7".
And, what about Isaiah Coleman, we're his dream school, he plays for Team Melo. Weird how there's been no offer? Hurley and Co. know this info and presumably have reasons for not offering up at this point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And, what about Isaiah Coleman, we're his dream school, he plays for Team Melo. Weird how there's been no offer? Hurley and Co. know this info and presumably have reasons for not offering up to this point.
I don't think he's playing for Team Melo anymore, he's been with Team Loaded and Freddie Dilione the last few weeks

Reaction Score
Any chance we see Scotty announce a commitment today with the peach jam starting tomorrow

Reaction Score
Any chance we see Scotty announce a commitment today with the peach jam starting tomorrow
I think they said the new (or possibly original but misinterpreted) plan was to announce a commitment date before the start of peach jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom