2023 Recruiting: - Scotty Middleton, "I want coaches who aren't going to tell me what I want to hear" | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Scotty Middleton, "I want coaches who aren't going to tell me what I want to hear"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hearing he's Ohio State bound but more because the staff cooled on him than anything. Supposedly he didn't have the personality that would jive well in a Hurley run program. Pushing hard for Coen and Fland now.
You happened to hear this 2 hours after Borge’s tweet? Or you put the pieces together, as everybody else has, that Middleton is going to Ohio state and are pretending to know something?

Reaction Score
You happened to hear this 2 hours after Borge’s tweet? Or you put the pieces together, as everybody else has, that Middleton is going to Ohio state and are pretending to know something?

You have to question people who could possibly have an ear rather than just read it? If you don’t like it just laugh to yourself and move on. I like the people who offer inside info and prefer they keep it coming rather than have them back away due to the likes of you.

Reaction Score
The conversation where I was told about Coen came from Borges’s tweet being brought up. I’ve said we’re out on Scotty for like a week, now.

Reaction Score

Conspiracy Kitty says:
I don’t want to disappoint anyone, but my sources say Scotty is a strong Ohio State lean.
family-guy-youre-a-big-fat-phony.gif

Reaction Score
I thought Teasen just had it out for Husky99 but apparently it's his life's mission to drive all insiders off this board, not just the top ones

He's talking to the wrong guys. There are "insiders" that A LOT of people religiously look for updates from that are completely fake on this board. I don't know about everything, but a couple I am sure of.

99, Bfield, Stats, and Zion are definitely not them. Stop harassing the good ones guys!!!

Reaction Score
So you are pro-harrassment of folks you don't deem good?

You'd do well in law school, lol. It's ironic that the fakes are the ones who don't get crapped all over on here... because they are actually willing to say the bad news too. Idealy we don't harass anyone thiugh. Wouldn't be against a couple people being called out though

Reaction Score

Seriously, what's the point of this post? If you don't think a particular poster has any sources or insider information, why isn't not paying attention to what they say adequate?

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I’m guessing this kid settled on some other school just before we started offering other players at his position and stopped sending staff to watch his games. There likely is no large, dramatic story here - he liked another school more. It happens…can’t get everyone.

Moving on.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hearing he's Ohio State bound but more because the staff cooled on him than anything. Supposedly he didn't have the personality that would jive well in a Hurley run program.
So he wants coaches who are going to tell him what he wants to hear?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So he wants coaches who are going to tell him what he wants to hear?

You can believe that if you think that the staff suddenly discovered the kid’s personality last week.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You can believe that if you think that the staff suddenly discovered the kid’s personality last week.
I don't know enough to believe anything. Just opened the thread for the first time. I have enough problems keeping track of the kids on roster for the upcoming season. I generally pay little attention until kids are here and wearing our jersey.

Reaction Score
As Borges said, Luke Murray left the gym before Brad Beal Elite's game even started. But Seton Hall and Ohio State were there so Middleton must not have told Seton Hall they're out.

Brad Beal Elite has been relying on the Sunrise Christian duo of Layden Blocker and Scotty Middleton. Blocker has been showing his dynamic athleticism to create tempo and attack the rim all week long, but when he starts creating for others, getting on the glass, and knocking down threes like he did Thursday night, he’s one of the very best guards in the class.

Middleton has been a consistent spot-up shooter throughout, diligent on the defensive end, and active on the glass. It was more of the same in this one as he went for 19 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 assists with head coaches from both Ohio State and Seton Hall looking on.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If someone wants to offer information on recruiting I appreciate it.

If someone wants to take someone to task about their information it’s their prerogative. I don’t bother. I have enough discernment to get a pattern who is reliable and who isn’t and the rest of you should be able to do the same without my help.

If someone wants to take someone to task who is taking someone to task about the accuracy of our recruiting “insiders” that’s their prerogative. Personally I wouldn’t bother unless I was bored like I am now because my time is too valuable to waste on the likes of most of you! :cool:

And even then I wasn’t bored enough to do that so I wrote this.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Seriously, what's the point of this post? If you don't think a particular poster has any sources or insider information, why isn't not paying attention to what they say adequate?
Even if you know who’s reliable, sometimes you let the fakes give you false hope, which is annoying when they’re inevitably wrong. I don’t think it’s worth publicly calling them out, but some guys here are laughable.

Reaction Score
Even if you know who’s reliable, sometimes you let the fakes give you false hope, which is annoying when they’re inevitably wrong. I don’t think it’s worth publicly calling them out, but some guys here are laughable.

Legitimate argument. I don't get hope up about almost anything written about recruiting, unless it comes from a source I know and can evaluate, but that's a rational argument.

Reaction Score
Not all Yarders aspire to be insiders--Which takes a lot of effort/time/research/relationship-building (in some cases). Some of us are simply content to be casual fans .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom