SC Postgame Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

SC Postgame Thread

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
(trying to contain my enthusiasm) It is just a regular season game.

(okay screw it, it's a Monday night and I'm feeling good) This performance by Paige, in UConn's most significant win in the past 24 months, will for sure go down as one of the most memorable and epic performances ever in a UConn regular season game.

Just a pure tour de force by Paige Bueckers. I know Maya had some gems as a freshman and Stewie was magnificent in her first Final Four, but this one will stand the test of time in our lore.

Reaction Score
I know it would be considered crazy by most, but I would not rule out starting both AE and AG, instead of EW and CW.
Agree very much, as long as Nika starts. I like Christyn to come in on slashing, penetrating drives, but not to start, & no 3s please. I like the effort of ONO very much, but she needs a physical presence like Aaliyah in tandem with her. Give the energizer bunnies Aubrey & Mir as much time as possible.

Reaction Score
So stat gurus, when was the last time UConn won an OT game? I can't remember, its been that long.
That game broke a 7-game OT losing streak which has lasted over 16 years. Connecticut last won in overtime 12/1/04 against South Florida, 76-65. Since then 7 losses, one in triple overtime to ND (one of four against them; the others were Duke, Stanford, and Mississippi State). Four of the seven were in the NCAA tournament, including 3 Final Fours.

It also runs Connecticut's record to 8-1 as a #2 playing #1 (lone loss to Baylor in 2011).

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Exactly. Literally no one else on our team was in double figures!!! Don't think we've had a game this year where only one player was in double figures.

Paige literally put the team on her back and willed them to victory. What an incredible effort by her and our Freshmen.
I noticed that, too. I can't remember another UConn win with only one player in double figures scoring.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Thank you. I could not believe the nervous shots being taken by ONO and CW also. I thought we were past that as an offense. It was clearly the SC game plan. Pack the middle and make everyone shoot from the outside besides Paige. Our juniors were very disappointing. Bad shot selection, missed key free throws, defensive lapses. Our underclassmen were another story. Aubrey played solidly, so did AE and Nika. They were engaged and fearless. Paige's performance was iconic.
It's a two edged sword re: Liv. In recent games, she has been setting up around the elbow, maybe a couple of feet deeper and taking shots. Tonight she did the same, so I am curious about if that was the plan- to get Boston out of the middle of the lane. Of course for it to work, Liv needed to make about 3 in a row.

Or maybe I just think that I can think like Geno, et al. :rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That game broke a 7-game OT losing streak which has lasted over 16 years. Connecticut last won in overtime 12/1/04 against South Florida, 76-65. Since then 7 losses, one in triple overtime to ND (one of four against them; the others were Duke, Stanford, and Mississippi State). Four of the seven were in the NCAA tournament, including 3 Final Fours.

It also runs Connecticut's record to 8-1 as a #2 playing #1 (lone loss to Baylor in 2011).
I am impressed. You are the STATMASTER!

Reaction Score
I’m not sure why so many people are happy here. Yes Paige is the best ever as a freshman we’ve ever had.... easy to see. But we are in serious trouble if the upper class players don’t take a long look in the mirror. I’m embarrassed as a UConn fan for the way they played tonight. It takes away from the excitement of the future titles that Paige and her crew will bring us. The freshman, those are UConn championship players like we’ve had in the past. The three ALL THREE I don’t expect them to be starts at this point, but dont be scared and at least contribute. We are not significantly, but I think at least 10-15 points better than SC. The juniors need to at least do something positive because Paige is gonna need help to keep this thing going. At least DT3 had role players that did their part. These women aren’t as far as I’m concerned and it’s kinda upsetting to me. I believe these three juniors have what it takes. I’m not just saying that, I really think that. Maybe Westbrook was off because she usually does a little of everything, so I give her a pass, but the other two need to figure out what they can do besides shoot from the outside because they both aren’t the best shooters. Liv needs to focus on being a defensive force and just rebound like crazy and maybe get some easy putbacks. Williams needs to drive more and just maybe focus on defens. I’m not sure but don’t be a liability, she is too talented for that. I only watched her a couple of times and she was lost or out of sorts out there. Unacceptable at this point in her career. I love and want them both to succeed more than anything, but man it’s frustrating. We won’t win a title like this.
What a pathetic post. Our team won a tight game against a highly ranked opponent and fans aren’t allowed to be happy? Paige’s shot was one for the ages and all you can do is take the time to write about all their perceived deficiencies. I’m at a loss for words. SMH

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
most of the big games her junior and senior year. Have people really forgotten how bad that team was when she left?
Can you name one specific game that comes close to what Paige did tonight?

-Paige scored half of the team's points on 54% shooting. The rest of the team shot a combined 31.9%.

-Paige scored the team's final 13 points, including two jumpers to send it to OT and all 9 points in OT. 5-5 shooting and 2-2 from the FT line.

-She did this against the #1 team in the country.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure why so many people are happy here. Yes Paige is the best ever as a freshman we’ve ever had.... easy to see. But we are in serious trouble if the upper class players don’t take a long look in the mirror. I’m embarrassed as a UConn fan for the way they played tonight. It takes away from the excitement of the future titles that Paige and her crew will bring us.
If you are not sure why so many people are happy tonight and the play of CW and ONO causes you embarrassment then you must not be a fan. You may try finding yourself a hobby you can be proud of.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom