SC Postgame Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

SC Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
I shudder to even think what Bueckers is gonna look like as an upperclassmen. She is amazing!

Holy wow was Henderson awful for South Carolina by contrast. 5-17 shooting, 8 TOs, and not a clue how to run a team. I remember when Gamecock fans were trying to convince everybody she was fine as a PG. That's a big NOPE.
it was the ball.............

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Can you name one specific game that comes close to what Paige did tonight?
Does Chelsea Dungee scoring 37 point against UConn, including 4 for 5 from 3 pts, 13-21 overall, count? She is a redshirt senior, though.

Reaction Score
Remember at the beginning of the season when someone started a thread that Paige was going to be locked out as Freshman of the Year because Clark and Van Lith had a head start on her? Yeah, me neither.
forget about that................do you remember before the season even started when some folks here questioned whether PB would even be a starter?

Reaction Score
most of the big games her junior and senior year. Have people really forgotten how bad that team was when she left?
Just watch what she did against Texas and Tennessee in the 03 FF! Against Tennessee 3/4 shot at halftime, 3 pointer to send to overtime and then a shot with 51 seconds let to win it all in one game.

Reaction Score
I don’t think she was hurting, she was not productive is my guess. She was out of sorts today, it was easy to see. No contribution so he sat her. She always contributes some way but not today.
You could clearly see in the video that she came down on her knee after attempting to rebound and she noticeably winced in pain and took a little crow hop. She is clearly not anywhere near 100% and probably never will be.

Reaction Score
Great win. However this kind of play from our 3 upperclassmen isn’t going to cut it. I’m tired of the excuses they need to step up. I was happy to see CW didn’t start overtime, she is turning out to be a bust, has a solid game once a year.
Our future does indeed look bright, that is something to be ecstatic about

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the SC game:
  • UConn WBB fans live for matchups like this one. From a pure basketball standpoint this was one ugly game. As a UConn WBB fan, this was a thing of beauty.
  • Another really slow start on offense for the Huskies against the Gamecocks. Some of it was tough defense by SC and some of it was simply nerves. Fortunately, UConn played great defense and that kept them in the game.
  • I really love the fact that our 3 freshmen all played like they absolutely belong in a game like this against a top opponent.
  • Aubrey came up HUGE off the bench.
  • UConn needs to work on setting screens without moving.
  • Assuming UConn runs the table in the BE, the Huskies should be the #1 overall seed for the Big Dance.
  • Let's restart that thread again about Paige as the NPOY. THE LEGEND GROWS!!!
What a Great Game. Paige is amazing.... Geno is going to have to pull the DT comment... We have Paige....... Such a great game.... lets keep building off of this! #1 where we belong... even if we have to wait a week to get that ranking...

Reaction Score
The problem is that these picks have been allowed for every game until tonight. So, will they be OK again going forward? Did Dawn Staley get in Dee Kantners' ear to call fouls on those picks?
Dee Kantner makes that a point of emphasis and has for years. UConn needs to be more aware of that. Stef used to pick up two quick illegal screen fouls in the opening minutes of games Kantner officiated. Whenever I see Kantner I know we're gonna hear a lot of whistling. I made that comment tonight at the start of the game, and sure enough... I don't know how she ends up working so many of our big games, but any time there is one of these national games, there she is.

Reaction Score
I got to think this game was a little personal for Paige because Paige invested a lot of time and her Parents money in Boston coming to UCONN. Paige was @ UCONN when Boston made her official visit.
If some our upperclassman could play with that personal chip, we’d be a much more balanced team.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Does Chelsea Dungee scoring 37 point against UConn, including 4 for 5 from 3 pts, 13-21 overall, count? She is a redshirt senior, though.
I meant a game by Taurasi when she was at UCONN. I posted, "I cant recall a single game where Taurasi singlehandedly won a game in the fashion that Bueckers did tonight."

@blackbird said "most of the big games her junior and senior year." and I asked him/her to give 1 specific example.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Sorry, but it goes by the light on the backboard. That light doesn't go on until the ball is clearly in the air. Watch again.
The lights are triggered by the clock, the clock system has a digital output that triggers, turns on, the lights. The light will lag behind clock.

Reaction Score
Great win. However this kind of play from our 3 upperclassmen isn’t going to cut it. I’m tired of the excuses they need to step up. I was happy to see CW didn’t start overtime, she is turning out to be a bust, has a solid game once a year.
Our future does indeed look bright, that is something to be ecstatic about

I thought it says a lot when Geno sat both CW and Liv for the last couple minutes of regulation even when Uconn was behind.

Reaction Score
Evina’s knee has been bothering her and I saw her tweak it early in tonight’s game. She was kinda gimpy for much of the first half.
IMO, that would be the only justification for Geno to keep her out of the game, at critical times. Evina with her experience and talent should be in these types of games. She is one of the few who can create her own shot and is enough of a threat to give PB some needed room away from sticky defenders and double teams. I know she did not play well in this game. But she was in at the end, and I was happy to see her in there.

Reaction Score
Can we stop Liv from shooting long distance, especially 1 foot inside the 3 point line. Just set double screens and let Paige get open.
Usually right on the line... move in a step or out a step.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom