SC Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

SC Postgame Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the SC game:
  • UConn WBB fans live for matchups like this one. From a pure basketball standpoint this was one ugly game. As a UConn WBB fan, this was a thing of beauty.
  • Another really slow start on offense for the Huskies against the Gamecocks. Some of it was tough defense by SC and some of it was simply nerves. Fortunately, UConn played great defense and that kept them in the game.
  • I really love the fact that our 3 freshmen all played like they absolutely belong in a game like this against a top opponent.
  • Aubrey came up HUGE off the bench.
  • UConn needs to work on setting screens without moving.
  • Assuming UConn runs the table in the BE, the Huskies should be the #1 overall seed for the Big Dance.
  • Let's restart that thread again about Paige as the NPOY. THE LEGEND GROWS!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
WOW what a game.

Many things stood out. End of game and start of OT, no ONO or Williams on the floor. BUT...

Paige Freak-n' Bueckers. Not only was she the best player on the floor, but it wasn't even close. A trio of 30 point + scoring games in a row. Just unreal. She was due for some luck with that lats 3 point shot. Not only did she solidify her spot as 1st team AA, but she should be the leader for NPOY. Unreal. I can't believe how blessed we are that she plays for UCONN.

End of game and OT - Evina, 1 sophomore, 3 freshmen. The future is here.

Can't say enough about the effort from Nika and Aubrey and Aaliyah. They were just fantastic. Played so hard, clutch, not scared.

A bit of a sloppy, low scoring, defensive-minded game from both teams. UCONN was just a tiny bit better, and that was without shooting the 3 at all, not to mention dreadful FT shooting. CONGRATS to the new #1 team in the nation!!!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
After what I just saw, Paige is going to be the best ever. And if not the best, easily the most clutch. In both regulation and OT, when we needed multiple buckets, in super clutch time, she made multiple buckets. Unbelievable. As if that three wasn’t going to drop.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Paige carried UCONN to that victory on her back. She really did it all and with great D in her face the entire time.

SC while talented has a lot of work to do still. 7 assist to 22 turnovers? The PG position was a major disappointment for them.

I honestly felt underwhelmed most of the time besides the star players on both teams (Boston and Paige) but both teams were very physical and played hard. Glad this game was played, I enjoy watching both. Both teams definitely still have a lot of room to grow and things to improve on.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
First game I've seen for the Huskies this season. A few thoughts.

1. BUECKERS. Did she skip a few grades since September? She plays like a pro. So impressive.

2. Is this one of the most athletic UConn teams ever? Really impressed with their speed and tenacity rebounding. Can't wait for more episodes of Edwards vs. Boston.

3. So much underclass talent. For long stretches there were three frosh on the floor, and often only one upperclassman. So much growth potential here, and they're really good already.

4. Aaliyah Boston is a beast. And Henderson was doing her best to create (to mild effect). But the Gamecocks seemed like they had too many glue players but not enough scorers. Was that just Huskie defense?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom