SC Postgame Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

SC Postgame Thread

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
They showed the replay. It was well out of her hand before the light came on. The announcers commented on it.

The light and clock are supposed to be the same. It's not UConn's fault the light was on well after the clock expired.

Either way, she traveled.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I guess you missed my earlier post. Take a look at the picture and where the ball is, the time on the clock and the light behind the backboard. The shot was good.

View attachment 64453
I was using the live broadcast clock, with the time on the screen not a replay. So if the clocks are not synced up you are correct, PS for officials review of an timing issue horns/buzzers lights are irrelevant.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
The light and clock are supposed to be the same. It's not UConn's fault the light was on well after the clock expired.

Either way, she traveled.
She did travel. They can never be the same, the electronics of the timing system makes it impossible. By rule when officials are reviewed any timing calls, they are to use the clock only

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
They showed the replay. It was well out of her hand before the light came on. The announcers commented on it.
Rewatched the live broadcast, clock on the screen, so if the clock is not the same I am wrong. Announcers and half time experts I tuned out, not just this game.

Reaction Score
Look at my original picture again. That was a screen shot from the game broadcast. The red clock reads .1 seconds which is the official clock, the lights behind the back board that come on at zero aren't lit and the ball is halfway to the rim. The shot was taken in time.

Below is another picture showing .7 seconds left in the half and the ball is in the air.

As for the travel, I said that 10 pages ago.....nothing new

Attachments

• uconn picture 2.JPG
    uconn picture 2.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 90

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Look at my original picture again. That was a screen shot from the game broadcast. The red clock reads .1 seconds which is the official clock, the lights behind the back board that come on at zero aren't lit and the ball is halfway to the rim. The shot was taken in time.

Below is another picture showing .7 seconds left in the half and the ball is in the air.

As for the travel, I said that 10 pages ago.....nothing new

The FS1 broadcast had a yellow-colored game clock plus the score and team names. What channel had a red clock?

Reaction Score
Here’s a fun 3-minute video analysis of both teams’ defense. Some key points:

• Both teams held to under 40% FG%
  • SC held to 0 fast break points (average = 20)
  • SC committed 21 turnovers
  • Aubrey’s defense was overlooked
  • Nika’s favorite player is Dennis Rodman
  • Aaliyah successfully banging with Boston
  • Aaliyah is an unusually assertive communicator for a freshman
  • UConn took advantage of SC’s mistakes and knew how to finish

Last edited:
Reaction Score
More to this point of a slow motion review of all court activity, we seem to have moved in this direction in the NBA with so much stopped action for wasted time reviewing calls. This game has become all chopped up with three refs on the floor and whistles in their mouths. Hope thee reviews are greatly limited but I really don't know the current rules and perhaps they are different at different levels. The tech levels aren't available at many levels nor should they be in my opinion.
Pretty soon games will have to be played in slow motion, so we can 'ponder' our next move correctly!

Reaction Score
The FS1 broadcast had a yellow-colored game clock plus the score and team names. What channel had a red clock?
FS1. Watch the video to get the above picture with the red clock (slow motion). The red is the "official" game clock. The yellow is the TV game clock. When the ref go to the monitor, they view the red clock. This difference in clocks has always been there. If you notice, the difference between the yellow TV clock and the official clock is about 1.2 seconds different.

sc vs uconn video with 10 seconds left in the half

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here’s a fun 3-minute video analysis of both teams’ defense. Some key points:

• Both teams held to under 40% FG%
  • SC held to 0 fast break points (average = 20)
  • SC committed 21 turnovers
  • Aubrey’s defense was overlooked
  • Nika’s favorite player is Dennis Rodman
  • Aaliyah successfully banging with Boston
  • Aaliyah is an unusually assertive communicator for a freshman
  • UConn took advantage of SC’s mistakes and knew how to finish

Dennis Rodman? Must be a joke ...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It is part of the official clock that is behind both backboards. The top number is the game clock and the lower number is the shot clock.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom