SC Postgame Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SC Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the SC game:
  • UConn WBB fans live for matchups like this one. From a pure basketball standpoint this was one ugly game. As a UConn WBB fan, this was a thing of beauty.
  • Another really slow start on offense for the Huskies against the Gamecocks. Some of it was tough defense by SC and some of it was simply nerves. Fortunately, UConn played great defense and that kept them in the game.
  • I really love the fact that our 3 freshmen all played like they absolutely belong in a game like this against a top opponent.
  • Aubrey came up HUGE off the bench.
  • UConn needs to work on setting screens without moving.
  • Assuming UConn runs the table in the BE, the Huskies should be the #1 overall seed for the Big Dance.
  • Let's restart that thread again about Paige as the NPOY. THE LEGEND GROWS!!!
Nika is the main one setting moving picks. She did so many other things well, not a big deal in the total game effort.

Reaction Score
It’s not much of a consolation prize, but I do hope this puts the conversation of ONO v. Boston to rest. It was almost immediately clear who was getting the better of that battle. Boston was the second-best player on the floor...unfortunately, there was a hell of a lot of ground between her and the best.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Aubrey was huge on the glass. ESPN captioned their vid of Paige's trey with "drained". That was so opposite of drained. I don't think I've ever seen that particular bounce before. On the down side, why do have the ball in Liv's hands with 5 on the clock so often?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So I watched the game downstairs in my man cave. When Paige's 3 went in, I let out a yell, causing Mrs. Oldude to come running downstairs, greatly concerned about my well being. I guess she still loves me. :cool:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Paige: UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now waiting for the haters to post all their negativity but we scored more points!!! And that's all that matters.

Paige - FPOY & NPOY.
Well said!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So I watched the game downstairs in my man cave. When Paige's 3 went in, I let out a yell, causing Mrs. Oldude to come running downstairs, greatly concerned about my well being. I guess she still loves me. :cool:
Either that or she was hoping to cash in on that insurance claim. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
That would be 31 points on a bad shooting night. Makes you wonder what that number might’ve been if she had a good shooting night.

I love how bad shooting nights for Paige are still over 50 percent.

Paige is carrying this team the way Diana carried her team as a junior. It’s unbelievable.

Also want to talk about Nika, who is one of the most intense basketball players I have ever seen, and Aaliyah..who makes the team better just by being on the floor.

I just love the Freshmen.

Reaction Score
Both teams largely accomplished what they wanted to defensively. Good game-plan on that end by both. Underclassmen played with pretty good poise and great effort, and won the game in spite of getting little from the upperclassmen who came up empty.

The kids came up big and were leaders, while the juniors shrank on the big stage. Encouraged that they started to evolve with different ways to attack in the second half, more back door etc.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Good to know, right? ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom