SC Postgame Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SC Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
WOW what a game.

Many things stood out. End of game and start of OT, no ONO or Williams on the floor. BUT...

Paige Freak-n' Bueckers. Not only was she the best player on the floor, but it wasn't even close. A trio of 30 point + scoring games in a row. Just unreal. She was due for some luck with that lats 3 point shot. Not only did she solidify her spot as 1st team AA, but she should be the leader for NPOY. Unreal. I can't believe how blessed we are that she plays for UCONN.

End of game and Evina, 1 sophomore, 3 freshmen. The future is here.

Can't say enough about the effort from Nika and Aubrey and Aaliyah. They were just fantastic. Played so hard, clutch, not scared.

A bit of a sloppy, low scoring, defensive-minded game from both teams. UCONN was just a tiny bit better, and that was without shooting the 3 at all, not to mention dreadful FT shooting. CONGRATS to the new #1 team in the nation!!!
What happen to Evina and Christy?...almost not existent on offense. CW needs an eye exam...she could not even hit the rim at times.

Reaction Score
Defibrilator put away until final Four I hope. Some people are calling this a fun game. Very stressful!!! Who else but Paige could back rim a 3 and still have it go in? She went 1 for 6 on tree's as in the Tennesse game and also waited until the end of the game with the shot lock winding down. Paige get's another A+ , Nika a solid B+ , Aubrey an awesome B+ off the bench, Olivia a B too many flankers but some nice assists, Christyn B- a few baskets when needed., And a C for Evina"Where are you?" Westbrook. Fun game my ?. Awesome game

Reaction Score
The bottom line is this team needs to be led by the frosh going forward. it’s not the norm in college basketball, but it gives them their best shot to win.

The juniors very good complementary players who will take turns stepping up, but if this team wants to win a title, it will be led by it’s freshmen.

Reaction Score
I can only compare Paige to my all time favorite best finisher and
thats about the best compliment I can give. Negative thought after a great
win is I don’t think we can go all the way unless Olivia gives us 10 and 10 .she is an @wful rebounder and not a good shot blocker fir her size. C——- Olivia get freakin mad

Reaction Score
This game was a WAR between two great teams. FYI, SC has only 1 senior on their team, so we can look forward to a bunch of these battles in the years to come.

Great Win for the Huskies.
Next year we have Azzi .... USCr has no chance

Reaction Score
Thanks for the classy post. It could have gone either way. Great game!
Same to you! It’s awfully hard to think SC didn’t give this one away with how rushed and panicky they played whenever they grabbed the lead. But you have to credit UConn for that as well. And it’s good for the game to see a player like Bueckers. What a talent she is.

I hope these two meet again in the NCAAs. I would love to see a rematch on a neutral court.

Neither team played lights out, but both proved they are among the elite teams this year. Good game everyone!

Reaction Score
take away Paige Nika and Edwards and the rest of the team shot around 25%. The 3 freshmen pulled us through. and were we talking free throws earlier in the year. Williams 0 for 2, Edwards 0 for 2, Griffin 0 for 1, team 3 for 8, 37.5%. and the misses were ugly, not almost in. A lot of our missed shots were pretty ugly too. Luckily SC was terrible from the charity stripe too.

Reaction Score
Amazing game game. Lots of ups and downs much like a final four March madness game. So proud of the team and the freshman and Aubrey and the best player in college Paige Bueckers
  • Paige - SC is a very good defensive team. She missed a few that she usually makes but she kept shooting when open and I thought in crunch time she took over and that’s what superstars do. I think Paige could start for a WNBA team right NOW
  • Liv - thought she played ok. Made a couple of shots but definitely missed too many open shots for my liking as the game plan was to give Liv and Aliyah Edward all the space in the world to shoot. Liv needs to work on that foul like jumper every day because we need her to make them at a much better clip if we are to be unstoppable
  • CWill - eh, can’t shoot and I think she needs to just defer those shots to others. Focus on drives amd midrange jumpers (even those look bad). Defense was ok got beat a few times
  • Nika - played much better than expected. Thought she was solid and I’m starting to really like her contribution for our team
  • Evina - had a tough day today. Not sure what’s going on but she isn’t as aggressive since the Arkansas game. I think she’s physically hurting. I just hope she can make it through for us
  • Aliyah Edward’s - played great and wasn’t afraid of the moment. Just amazing her energy and effort. Tough assignment in Boston
  • Aubrey - played really tough and was huge for us with energy and rebounding. Had that and 1 and saw that passion from her which was great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom