S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 36 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well depending on the result of the Blue Devil-Chicken matchup in the fall, either I will be blocking a lot of people in this thread, or a lot of people in this thread will be blocking me. :eek:
That schtick is getting a little worn.

Reaction Score

Hope this is true although I share the skepticism with Cali recruits. Smith is one my favorites and looks a lot like Brea Beal defensively. She brings a toughness and swagger to the floor and is also probably a bit further along offensively than Brea at this point

Reaction Score
@Creature they're already playing friendly games in Spain if anyone wants an early look at Chloe and Joyce. They lost to Australia yesterday but they’re also playing Spain and Canada.

They play Spain at 2:30 today.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I couldn’t get the Australian game to play. How did Chloe and Joyce do? I’m assuming neither started?

Reaction Score
I couldn’t get the Australian game to play. How did Chloe and Joyce do? I’m assuming neither started?

Chloe started and both played a bit together. Joyce is playing the 4 and 5 while Chloe is playing solely at the 4. I think Chloe role on this team is way different from what we will see from her in November. She’s a good rebounder but the team doesn’t have much concepts yet so she only scored when she forced the issue from getting boards or getting to the line. I don’t think she’s stricly a post and I’ve never been a fan of Joni Taylor’s coaching. They were up 17 at one point and for some reason she sat Chloe most of the second half and Australia came back to win by 4. Luckily it was a friendly and not many people are aware of these games but that was terrible. Looked clueless on the sidelines and couldn’t settle her team down. She clearly doesn’t know her personnel either because they didn’t run plays to player’s strength and the only high IQ players on the team IMO are Talana LePolo, Chloe, Joyce, and Maddie Booker. I was not impressed with Kiki Rice, Londynn Jones or Cotie McMahon at all! They can score but they think every touch is a shot for them and that’s not a gold medal winning strategy. They start real play on Saturday so hopefully they’ll get some cohesion.

Joyce is the real deal! Can defend multiple positions, handle the ball, shoot and rebound. She gets great position down low and plays good defense. She’s still young so gets out physical a bit but for the most part extremely solid.

Reaction Score
Thanks! I felt the same way about the AmeriCup. It was like everyone was trying to make their own shot. Raven seemed to be one of the only ones trying to make assists. I felt like she could never get into a groove bc they swapped players out so frequently. I understand trying to get everyone on the floor but it is not good for the flow of a game.
So excited for Joyce and what the future holds (hopefully at SC)!

Reaction Score
Thanks! I felt the same way about the AmeriCup. It was like everyone was trying to make their own shot. Raven seemed to be one of the only ones trying to make assists. I felt like she could never get into a groove bc they swapped players out so frequently. I understand trying to get everyone on the floor but it is not good for the flow of a game.
So excited for Joyce and what the future holds (hopefully at SC)!
Click the link for the Spain game if you want to tune in the game is live right now.

Reaction Score
A la izquierda...a tres. Centro!

Notre Dame is collecting my favorite players from national team play.

Reaction Score
Watched most if the first half and I swear it looked like Chloe got a technical? Anyone see why?

Reaction Score
I thought Chloe played a little tentatively but she did score around 8-10 pts and got several rebounds. Joyce had a really great run in the 3rd qtr. she likely finished with around 10 as well and 2 steals. U can tell she is special. Everything she threw up went in it seemed.

Reaction Score
@Creature they're already playing friendly games in Spain if anyone wants an early look at Chloe and Joyce. They lost to Australia yesterday but they’re also playing Spain and Canada.

They play Spain at 2:30 today.

@SCspur Friendlies are like a scrimage, correct ? Also, thanks for finding these videos..

Reaction Score

I'm so happy lady gamecocks are actually together doing strength and conditioning plus team workouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom