S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
rv.gif

Setting up in this thread for the off-season. Lemme get the grill ready.... BBQ chicken (dark meat) is on the menu. I love chicken.

Reaction Score
Continuing a few thoughts:

1. Not really sure what action someone has seen to have serious concerns about Feagin, either her skills or decision making. That's a head scratcher to me as sadly her action has largely been cigar time. I thought she's looked good. We'll just have to see.

2. Dawn said Watkins really needs to be dominant which I considered high praise for her potential. I'd guess she is ahead of Feagin knowing Dawn anyway. I thought she also looked good.

Maybe they're not stars maybe they are, but they look pretty good to me.

3. It would be a disappointment if Cardoso doesn't have a huge year and the smooth 18 footers of the Feagin and Watkins and allegedly Kitts should help spread it a little.

4. I think Breezy Hall might be a big factor for us. She seems to have embraced the challenge of a bigger role and I think perhaps her willingness to take shots early in her career could serve her better down the line. I don't know if she's the defender Beal is or not, but she might be a good one who rebounds and also is comfortable scoring. We'll see.

5. I maybe am zagging a bit when I say I thought Raven played courageously vs Iowa and will be just fine. I think she made a lot of progress this year, not least of which was recovering trom the early slump that her 2/19 or something like that from three. I like that it's her show. Hopefully she comes back an assassin because that was some serious off-season work incentive in Clark's almost shocking show of disrespect.

6. I hate how uncertain the shooting guard situation is. Yes, Cooper, Tessa Johnson, and Fulwiley are McD AAs but man you just don't know at this point.

Reaction Score
When do WNBA draft declarations have to be made? ...just wondering when we'll hear the news from Zia and LA...

Reaction Score
When do WNBA draft declarations have to be made? ...just wondering when we'll hear the news from Zia and LA...
They had till last night by midnight to declare. Doesn't mean they didn't. They just haven't made an announcement as to which way they decided to go.

Lowkey hoping Justin King is busy making "Run it Back" videos. LOL.

YKCornelius

Yukon to my friends
Reaction Score
Commenting on BoneDog's post in the previous thread. Completely concur that South Carolina should be considered a Top Five team for next year - regardless of whatever any other team brings in from the portal. I also consider them to be the front runner for the SEC crown as well, ahead of LSU and Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Commenting on BoneDog's post in the previous thread. Completely concur that South Carolina should be considered a Top Five team for next year - regardless of whatever any other team brings in from the portal. I also consider them to be the front runner for the SEC crown as well, ahead of LSU and Tennessee.

Everybody is gonna pick LSU I bet.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Re: the above tweet. South Carolina is one of 17 schools that spent more on WBB, 92 cents on MBB for every dollar on the women. Only school in the SEC doing so.

I was gonna say something, but I'm gonna try to be nice in this thread, not sure how long it will last, but Imma try.:)

I'm not trying to start anything... but how did that GG Jackson thing work out? Did he live up to the hype? All I know is yall guys beat Clemson MBB, and it likely kept them out of the NCAA tourney.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Everybody is gonna pick LSU I bet.
I would. They have no point guard really, unless Morris returns for a 10th season or maybe Velez will ball out as a freshman, but Reese and Smith are a good tandem inside and Mikaylah Williams should be in the starting lineup tomorrow, she’s ready to play.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Any word on Cooke or Amihere? Bringing back either one (but especially Cooke) would be huge for South Carolina.

Reaction Score
They had till last night by midnight to declare. Doesn't mean they didn't. They just haven't made an announcement as to which way they decided to go.

Lowkey hoping Justin King is busy making "Run it Back" videos. LOL.
I think JK is tasked for football videos only

Reaction Score
Continuing a few thoughts:

1. Not really sure what action someone has seen to have serious concerns about Feagin, either her skills or decision making. That's a head scratcher to me as sadly her action has largely been cigar time. I thought she's looked good. We'll just have to see.

2. Dawn said Watkins really needs to be dominant which I considered high praise for her potential. I'd guess she is ahead of Feagin knowing Dawn anyway. I thought she also looked good.

Maybe they're not stars maybe they are, but they look pretty good to me.

3. It would be a disappointment if Cardoso doesn't have a huge year and the smooth 18 footers of the Feagin and Watkins and allegedly Kitts should help spread it a little.

4. I think Breezy Hall might be a big factor for us. She seems to have embraced the challenge of a bigger role and I think perhaps her willingness to take shots early in her career could serve her better down the line. I don't know if she's the defender Beal is or not, but she might be a good one who rebounds and also is comfortable scoring. We'll see.

5. I maybe am zagging a bit when I say I thought Raven played courageously vs Iowa and will be just fine. I think she made a lot of progress this year, not least of which was recovering trom the early slump that her 2/19 or something like that from three. I like that it's her show. Hopefully she comes back an assassin because that was some serious off-season work incentive in Clark's almost shocking show of disrespect.

6. I hate how uncertain the shooting guard situation is. Yes, Cooper, Tessa Johnson, and Fulwiley are McD AAs but man you just don't know at this point.
So if you had to field a starting lineup based on who you know is returning, what would you think @Gamecockfan77?

Reaction Score
Transfers In the SEC I think the staff would show interest :
I know Coach Staley liked Erynn Barnum at Arkansas. I know she has a Covid year. she is an offensive upgrade to Saxton. Their best rebounder at Ark.

Then there is Aicha Coulibaly @guard from Auburn -by far there best player.

For kicks and Giggles/Hannah Gusters from LSU as a 6ft5 Post just for the hell of it..

Guard.. Lauren Hansen..really good outside shooter. from Missouri..the player that beat us in 2022 in overtime.

Marta Suarez from Tenn. Power forward that has a consistent outside shot and hustles on defense.

Reaction Score
I know Coach Staley liked Erynn Barnum at Arkansas. I know she has a Covid year. she is an offensive upgrade to Saxton. Their best rebounder at Ark.

For kicks and Giggles/Hannah Gusters from LSU as a 6ft5 Post just for the hell of it..

Guard.. Lauren Hansen..really good outside shooter. from Missouri..the player that beat us in 2022 in overtime.

Marta Suarez from Tenn. Power forward that has a consistent outside shot and hustles on defense.

Gusters is not in the portal. She committed to OK State

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Barnum is solid but I don't see a need (especially if Amihere comes back) unless she is playing the 3. I'd rather see Watkins/Feagin get more minutes. I think SC could use perimeter shooters more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom