S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 22 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wasn't Wright hired once the new ownership group was in place?
Hold over from coach Collins staff yes..my suggestion is that coach Collins and sans coach Collins aren't the new ownership groups picks..

Reaction Score
Hold over from coach Collins staff yes..my suggestion is that coach Collins and sans coach Collins aren't the new ownership groups picks..

I would disagree there as you may have some facts confused. New ownership hired her after letting the interim coach Darius Taylor go when the 2021 season ended.

She left her assistant coach position with the Aces to take the job.

As quoted from the article I've posted below: "Perhaps the most significant move the team made, however, was hiring Aces assistant Tanisha Wright to be the team’s new head coach. Many applauded the move, calling it one that can bring stability to a troubled organization."

Reaction Score
I would disagree there as you may have some facts confused. New ownership hired her after letting the interim coach Darius Taylor go when the 2021 season ended.

She left her assistant coach position with the Aces to take the job.

As quoted from the article I've posted below: "Perhaps the most significant move the team made, however, was hiring Aces assistant Tanisha Wright to be the team’s new head coach. Many applauded the move, calling it one that can bring stability to a troubled organization."

Obviously my information is not correct. ...however, my gut why she is not playing LA has less to do with her Basketball ability

Reaction Score
It's tough for fans for any team to accept reality when the media has been hyping the player for 4 years. Why isn't she playing? Because others are playing better. Simple as that.
Seriously, who has trouble accepting this?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Who’s going to Paris? I’ll be there and I would love to meet up. I just purchase my VIP package and Flight and I can’t wait!

I’ll be there as well! Couldn’t get the VIP package in time. No surprise it sold out but sheesh wasn’t expecting it to sell out in 5 days. Hopefully they make more available.

Would love to meet up with any fans at the game!

Reaction Score
I’ll be there as well! Couldn’t get the VIP package in time. No surprise it sold out but sheesh wasn’t expecting it to sell out in 5 days. Hopefully they make more available.

Would love to meet up with any fans at the game!

I managed to get mines in the nick of time lol. they Definitely sold out fast though. But there’s tons of things to do in Paris. Hopefully we can meet up.

Reaction Score
What are the odds Dawn gets two #1 players in a 10 year span?? I like the odds a lot and I think Joyce could definitely lead SC to more chips.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I managed to get mines in the nick of time lol. they Definitely sold out fast though. But there’s tons of things to do in Paris. Hopefully we can meet up.

All yall fans should meet up for dinner and feast on the best chicken cordon bleu that Paris offers.

Reaction Score
All yall fans should meet up for dinner and feast on the best chicken cordon bleu that Paris offers.
No way!! We are eating French Fries. Afterall , they did originate in France right .. [lol]

Reaction Score
How do US Universities scout WBB Players oversees [Europe,Africa, Asia, S. america, etc.] eligible to play basketball state side ?

Reaction Score
How do US Universities scout WBB Players oversees [Europe,Africa, Asia, S. america, etc.] eligible to play basketball state side ?
There's an industry devoted to this, former players and coaches who make a living traveling around and scouting talent in various countries. When an American school hears of some kid in Europe, for example, they reach out to one of these scouts. Sometimes getting a report is the extent of it, but some of the scouts offer intermediary services as well.

Reaction Score
There's an industry devoted to this, former players and coaches who make a living traveling around and scouting talent in various countries. When an American school hears of some kid in Europe, for example, they reach out to one of these scouts. Sometimes getting a report is the extent of it, but some of the scouts offer intermediary services as well.
The Coach at USF seems to have alot of international players year over year..

Reaction Score

Not to trying to be that person, but seeing her GPA and her wanting to be an Environmental Engineer is interesting after reading sometime last year that she was very interested in attending Stanford.

Reaction Score
Not to trying to be that person, but seeing her GPA and her wanting to be an Environmental Engineer is interesting after reading sometime last year that she was very interested in attending Stanford.
She was accepted to Stanford and Duke. Academics is very important to her and SC isn’t as prestigious as those other two but they have a very good Engineering program. Everyone in her community is pushing her to be a Gamecock. She’s played AAU with 4 of the SC players currently on the roster and comes from a very tight-knit family. Add on top of the fact that Dawn has been recruiting her longer than any other coach and I really like SC’s chances.

Reaction Score
She was accepted to Stanford and Duke. Academics is very important to her and SC isn’t as prestigious as those other two but they have a very good Engineering program. Everyone in her community is pushing her to be a Gamecock. She’s played AAU with 4 of the SC players currently on the roster and comes from a very tight-knit family. Add on top of the fact that Dawn has been recruiting her longer than any other coach and I really like SC’s chances.
I think Carrolina as well. Only fear is Kim Mulkey $100k recruiting pitch

Reaction Score
Yeah, but she showed up at one our games in a Harvard T shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog