S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 23 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Carrolina as well. Only fear is Kim Mulkey $100k recruiting pitch
Joyce is a very smart young lady. I trust she’ll make the decision best for her and judging by what her mom and dad posts, they’re not really materialistic on the surface type of people. They want to see her developed in every facet so I don’t think money would be the main thing to sway her to any school. They’re trying to check off all the boxes.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but she showed up at one our games in a Harvard T shirt
It was Yale, and she’s been to many SC games before so I wasn’t too worried about her wearing that. I fear Stanford more than the Ivies because they can offer great education and athletics.

Reaction Score
It was Yale, and she’s been to many SC games before so I wasn’t too worried about her wearing that. I fear Stanford more than the Ivies because they can offer great education and athletics.
Harvard? Yale? What’s the difference? ;)

I couldn’t afford either. Or Stanford.

If I could have gotten a scholarship anywhere I would have been a tree

Reaction Score
What about Notre Dame? They have a top 10 Environmental Engineering program in the country and arguably the best women's basketball program in the country.

Reaction Score
Harvard? Yale? What’s the difference? ;)

I couldn’t afford either. Or Stanford.

If I could have gotten a scholarship anywhere I would have been a tree
The Yale shirt she was wearing was a Hollister brand shirt so not even an actual Yale shirt. I would not put too much stock into that.
Her aunt also used to be an associate athletic director at South Carolina. I think it’s SC or a very prestigious academic & basketball school.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She was accepted to Stanford and Duke. Academics is very important to her and SC isn’t as prestigious as those other two but they have a very good Engineering program. Everyone in her community is pushing her to be a Gamecock. She’s played AAU with 4 of the SC players currently on the roster and comes from a very tight-knit family. Add on top of the fact that Dawn has been recruiting her longer than any other coach and I really like SC’s chances.

Since when have schools accepted kids midway through their Junior years in High School? Have things changed in the last 30 years?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

giphy.gif

You leaving out a school buddy...... I ain't gonna name the school

What about Notre Dame? They have a top 10 Environmental Engineering program in the country and arguably the best women's basketball program in the country.

What about them? A kid from the South going to school in the Rust Belt AND having to wear trash uniforms? They ain't the only private school in the ACC that offers environmental engineering.. I ain't gonna name the other school, but it ain't in the rust belt... they wear great uniforms, and ain't in a location that is gray from mid October through mid April.

Reaction Score
giphy.gif

You leaving out a school buddy...... I ain't gonna name the school

What about them? A kid from the South going to school in the Rust Belt AND having to wear trash uniforms to beat? They ain't the only private school in the ACC that offers environmental engineering.. I ain't gonna name the other school, but it ain't in the rust belt... they wear great uniforms, and ain't in a location that is gray from mid October through mid April.
That's true but Duke was already mentioned, but I hadn't heard Notre Dame mentioned as a possibility and they have a strong program as well. I'd think those would be her top 4 (South Carolina, Notre Dame, Duke and Stanford)- especially if she wants to pursue environmental engineering out college rather than basketball. I'd imagine the only way she leaves South Carolina if she is serious about non-basketball post college careers.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That's true but Duke was already mentioned, but I hadn't heard Notre Dame mentioned as a possibility and they have a strong program as well. I'd think those would be her top 4 (South Carolina, Notre Dame, Duke and Stanford)- especially if she wants to pursue environmental engineering out college rather than basketball. I'd imagine the only way she leaves South Carolina if she is serious about non-basketball post college careers.

Yeah, but SCar has trash uniforms as well.... I wouldn't want to have to wear burgundy and black for four years. No offense to any that wear burgundy and black.

Reaction Score
What about them? ND is very good academically and athletically as well but I haven’t seen them on Joyce’s radar. Looks like they’re vying for the Sarah Strong and Justice Carlton sweepstakes.

Reaction Score
The Yale shirt she was wearing was a Hollister brand shirt so not even an actual Yale shirt. I would not put too much stock into that.
Her aunt also used to be an associate athletic director at South Carolina. I think it’s SC or a very prestigious academic & basketball school.

Me too and since you’re a Camden native I’d take your word for it. It’s Academics or the Hometown power house she grew up watching.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but SCar has trash uniforms as well.... I wouldn't want to have to wear burgundy and black for four years. No offense to any that wear burgundy and black.
It’s GARNET and Black and while Duke could put her into any door based on academics the Athletics leaves ALOT to be desired. That program should’ve had at least a championship at this point…

Besides y’all have the dunking sensation Toby Fournier. Be Happy :);)

Reaction Score
Since when have schools accepted kids midway through their Junior years in High School? Have things changed in the last 30 years?
She was accepted by both back in December I believe and it happens often. The Valedictorian for the High School I work at this year was accepted by all the Ivy League schools along with Duke, NYU, Vandy, Stanford and Northwestern by the time he was going into his Junior year. If you have substance, community accolades, outstanding SAT/ACT scores, and an incredible GPA they won’t hesitate to invite you in.

Reaction Score
The Ivies can’t even offer a scholarship. They do have reduced cost depending on parental income.

Reaction Score
What about them? ND is very good academically and athletically as well but I haven’t seen them on Joyce’s radar. Looks like they’re vying for the Sarah Strong and Justice Carlton sweepstakes.
I was just wondering if they have been involved at all, Geeze. If she wants to be an environmental engineer I would think one of the greatest basketball programs in the sport and a top 10 environmental engineering program would be in consideration. I don’t know much about her recruitment so wondering if they were involved at all.

I thought Strong has already committed to USC so confused why Notre Dame would still be recruiting her.

Reaction Score
I was just wondering if they have been involved at all, Geeze. If she wants to be an environmental engineer I would think one of the greatest basketball programs in the sport and a top 10 environmental engineering program would be in consideration. I don’t know much about her recruitment so wondering if they were involved at all.

I thought Strong has already committed to USC so confused why Notre Dame would still be recruiting her.
Joyce visited Notre Dame during the same period that she visited Northwestern. I have heard nothing to indicate that Notre Dame has been eliminated

Strong already committed to USC? Huh? Is this just a jab at our Uber Fans ? Unlike many other schools, Strong has never even revealed whether we (Or UConn! have offered,

Sarcasm perhaps intentionally over/played?

Reaction Score
Joyce visited Notre Dame during the same period that she visited Northwestern. I have heard nothing to indicate that Notre Dame has been eliminated

Strong already committed to USC? Huh? Is this just a jab at our Uber Fans ? Unlike many other schools, Strong has never even revealed whether we (Or UConn! have offered,

Sarcasm perhaps intentionally over/played?
No it's what's going around Twitter and alluded to in the Sarah Strong thread on the UConn mainboard. I'm not sure why that would be a joke that she has secretly verbaled to South Carolina already? I think its safe to assume UConn at least has offered despite her not having confirmed it.

Reaction Score
No it's what's going around Twitter and alluded to in the Sarah Strong thread on the UConn mainboard. I'm not sure why that would be a joke that she has secretly verbaled to South Carolina already? I think its safe to assume UConn at least has offered despite her not having confirmed it.
I thought the Sarah Strong thread on the mainboard "leaked" that she is a UConn silent commit.

Sorry I don't tweak.

Reaction Score
mmmm Mila Kunis or Kaley Couco ? What are actresses that made a career off one show ...

Reaction Score
The only such comments in that thread are by you. The thread topic was about aUCinn connected source saying she committed to UConn.

Troll on.
That isn’t a UConn connected source, FYI. And multiple people that were not me said their sources told them we have no chance and she’s going to South Carolina or LSU. Truly not trolling just confused at this point.

Reaction Score
Boston had back to back double-doubles with the win tonight! She was getting double-teamed just like her college days in this one. You could tell the Lynx game plan was to get her away from the basket and bring a second man every time she touched the ball. It's kind of crazy that she is already the focus of the opposition at 7 games into her WNBA career...and she still got a double double.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom