S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 20 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well let’s get back on topic lol.

Here’s the final portal rankings from Brandon Clay at 247. I personally think SC should be higher and Oklahoma St should be considered but ranking are always subjective.

Little surprised NC was at 2

Paopao is every bit as good of a scoring guard as anyone else in the transfer class. I think Walker is a good grab but I guess the only knock is JUCO players are truly hard to gage and project their success, you see more don’t work out then do historically. But Walker at least started out at Rutgers and has the physical tools to excel and work with.

The SEC did exceptionally well in the portal this off-season. Hope this makes for great matchups next season.

Reaction Score

Paopao is every bit as good of a scoring guard as anyone else in the transfer class. I think Walker is a good grab but I guess the only knock is JUCO players are truly hard to gage and project their success, you see more don’t work out then do historically. But Walker at least started out at Rutgers and has the physical tools to excel and work with.

The SEC did exceptionally well in the portal this off-season. Hope this makes for great matchups next season.
But did he consider Walker a "transfer?"

She was never in the portal because she came from JUCO, from what I understand. I think PaoPao was our only transfer

Reaction Score
But did he consider Walker a "transfer?"

She was never in the portal because she came from JUCO, from what I understand. I think PaoPao was our only transfer
Oh my bad.

I guess you are correct. Idk why I always seem to treat juco players differently than recruits straight out of hs. Idk why we can’t consider juco players transfers to be honest. They technically are.

Reaction Score
Hope you lower your salt intake someday @triaddukefan

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Reaction Score

Yeah I was surprised NC was that high as well. I thought Oklahoma St could’ve fit in there somewhere. Hoyt will have them very competitive with who they picked up. Man the SEC is set for some BATTLES!!! Everyone knocked it out of the park with their recruiting and are preparing for Texas and Oklahomas arrival next season. I don’t think Walker was considered a portal transfer(could be wrong) but the addition of her and Paopao will be good for SC. Overall I think next season will probably be the best in recent memory. A lot of talent spread out and some good matchups set so far. Excited to see it all play out.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I guess the A¢¢ needs to step it up. LOL

We can't make it rain unfortunately. Too many small schools with small fanbases. I would rant further, but its close to dinner time.

Reaction Score
The SC twitter fans are a thin skinned insufferable bunch. Its like they search out any perceived insult and flock like a gang of chickens to some feed on the ground

For example, a few months ago little ol Wake Forest was ahead of them in the baseball poll. Here comes a bunch of chickens complaining and talking junk about the Deacs being a undeserved group. Soon after the Chickens proceed to lose about four series in a row.

End of rant.
Lol Triad, you always crack me up! This time I almost spit the water on the iPad!!

Reaction Score
The SC twitter fans are a thin skinned insufferable bunch. Its like they search out any perceived insult and flock like a gang of chickens to some feed on the ground

For example, a few months ago little ol Wake Forest was ahead of them in the baseball poll. Here comes a bunch of chickens complaining and talking junk about the Deacs being a undeserved group. Soon after the Chickens proceed to lose about four series in a row.

End of rant.
When John Scheyer starts not meeting expectations in MBB-you will understand.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
When John Scheyer starts not meeting expectations in MBB-you will understand.

Yall need to calm down on the baseball though. Whit Merrifield aint walking through the door ;)

Reaction Score
Yall need to calm down on the baseball though. Whit Merrifield aint walking through the door ;)
Let me explain it this way. We have been an elite baseball program since former Yankees second baseman, Bobby Richardson started the program in the 70s. We expect to make the NCAA tourney every year and make it to Omaha frequently. Can you dig it ?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

With recruits being able to take unlimited visits she will probably have a few more.
She’s also visited UNC, NC St, Duke, Michigan, and Ohio St.

Seems like she’s definitely covering all the bases.

Reaction Score
Random question because of what I've seen in Twitter. Are most SC fans ticked off with Atlanta because Laeticia hasn't gotten playing time as of yet?

The tone seems to be that fans feel hoodwinked into getting season tickets only to see her not on the court. To me, it's still early in the season and it's not unusual considering they did the same with Naz Hillmon last season. Trying to determine if it's a small subset of the fanbase venting their displeasure.
I'm sorry, but if you were "hoodwinked" into buying season tickets because you thought Amihere was going to play a lot, then you don't know basketball. The SC fans have "my girls" syndrome more than any fan base I've ever seen. Outside of Boston, the SC roster for the past 2-3 years just didn't have the players on it to make a giant splash in the W because they're so limited offensively. Dawn's style of play is the SEC that Pat built; defense, rebounds, and disheveled offense. Now, IMO, Amihere has the best shot at having a long W career besides Boston, but the rest of them aren't going to hang around long.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but if you were "hoodwinked" into buying season tickets because you thought Amihere was going to play a lot, then you don't know basketball. The SC fans have "my girls" syndrome more than any fan base I've ever seen. Outside of Boston, the SC roster for the past 2-3 years just didn't have the players on it to make a giant splash in the W because they're so limited offensively. Dawn's style of play is the SEC that Pat built; defense, rebounds, and disheveled offense. Now, IMO, Amihere has the best shot at having a long W career besides Boston, but the rest of them aren't going to hang around long.

Taking this reply with a large grain of salt. Based on posts in the past, you've never been a fan of Staley's coaching or style of play.

It's way too early to write any of these players off. There are too many examples of good players from various teams that are having challenges sticking in the WNBA regardless of the program they played for in the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Taking this reply with a large grain of salt. Based on posts in the past, you've never been a fan of Staley's coaching or style of play.

It's way too early to write any of these players off. There are too many examples of good players from various teams that are having challenges sticking in the WNBA regardless of the program they played for in the NCAA.
As well as players that people thought would never make it in the WNBA that have. I do not get into the dragging and trash talk on twitter but some fans are very passionate and if thats what they want to do so be it. Dawn is a great coach and there is no doubt she is successful at getting players to the next level as evidenced by the number of Gamecocks that are there compared to other schools. I also think Zia will have a great future in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Who are you again ? In all seriousness-my opinion is you words are directed to cause enmity.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As well as players that people thought would never make it in the WNBA that have. I do not get into the dragging and trash talk on twitter but some fans are very passionate and if thats what they want to do so be it. Dawn is a great coach and there is no doubt she is successful at getting players to the next level as evidenced by the number of Gamecocks that are there compared to other schools. I also think Zia will have a great future in the WNBA.

I agree with your trash talk comment to an extent, because it feels like there's a double standard and it doesn't help the situation. For example, SC fans take the umbrage when they feel Coach Staley has been slighted. However they seem to have no issue attacking Coach Wright and Dream management.

Considering the history of this team and what happened to get rid of the previous owner, I don't get it. Don't they deserve the benefit of the doubt and support while they rebuild the team? Management and ownership see something in Laeticia. Give it time.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Exactly what it is. In a SC thread to cause chaos.

Don't you hate when posters do that?

Anyway... Prime Time on ABC. I'll be watching. Big vs Little. Upper vs Lower. If Big wins.. It will humble the chicken fans. If Little wins... Chapel Hill fans will be humbled. I win either way.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I agree with your trash talk comment to an extent, because it feels like there's a double standard and it doesn't help the situation. For example, SC fans take the umbrage when they feel Coach Staley has been slighted. However they seem to have no issue attacking Coach Wright and Dream management.

Considering the history of this team and what happened to get rid of the previous owner, I don't get it. Don't they deserve the benefit of the doubt and support while they rebuild the team? Management and ownership see something in Laeticia. Give it time.
This type of language needs to also take a backseat. Twitter has a way of amplifying the same voices.

It’s always the same very loud and influential SC fan Twitter accounts that are somehow titled as the voice of the fanbase. If you’re in that echo chamber then you’re going to see the same tweets from the same people.. and you’re going to say “well damn, SC fans are always complaining”.. when really 9/10 SC fans don’t even know who the hell Tanisha Wright is and you’re seeing tweets from the same 10 people.

But now Tanisha Wright has beef with all things SC because 10 Twitter accounts voiced displeasure with LA’s playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom