Players on campus for summer workouts | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Players on campus for summer workouts

Reaction Score
Toward the end of the SNY interview Geno says Lou is “challenged at the other end of the floor” and they’ll have to work on that with her. I think you can see this in the Fairfield games, where they only really play a simple zone. It’s not that she doesn’t give the effort, but that Fairfield didn’t give her enough experience in the complex schemes UConn plays.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Toward the end of the SNY interview Geno says Lou is “challenged at the other end of the floor” and they’ll have to work on that with her. I think you can see this in the Fairfield games, where they only really play a simple zone. It’s not that she doesn’t give the effort, but that Fairfield didn’t give her enough experience in the complex schemes UConn plays.
But his quip was, she fits in well with the more recent UConn guards.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paige said Ayanna was dominating the weight room but I have not seen her in the recent clips after the 1st practice clips. I wonder if that elbow whack was more of an issue

Lou looks great, keep it up Aubry and Dorka doing alot even with the wrist. :)

Reaction Score
That rule was put in place in 2013 and the main intent was to standardize summer sessions. Prior to the rule being implemented some unscrupulous coaches were requiring players to stick around the campus and sneaking in supervised workouts. The NCAA decided to formalize the policy and it also required the players to be enrolled in summer session classes in order to receive those 8 hours per week of supervised instructions. The rule was also tweaked in 2021 due to COVID and the abundance of players in transfer portal. The new tweak allows the staff to add two new positions (instructors) for summer sessions that are not on the current coaching staff.
I would add Tina Charles and Stewie (inbetween all their other commitments)....

Reaction Score
If everyone gets healthy who is going to get PT? I think it should be another "everyone eats" approach. Keep running fresh studlets out there for maximum defensive pressure and fresh offense.

Reaction Score
If everyone gets healthy who is going to get PT? I think it should be another "everyone eats" approach. Keep running fresh studlets out there for maximum defensive pressure and fresh offense.
I agree since it looks like we will be 11 strong, and I hope Geno sees it that way as well.

Reaction Score
Maybe this is where the team wants to spend the summer? 2 weeks with family is enough. ;)

I might try that belly on the floor exercise. More my speed. ;)
How come when they do it, it's exercise, but when I do it, it's a sploot?

Reaction Score
I was just thinking, were the three seniors last season UConn's most athletic players? I guess one thing that was sort of underrated about SC was how athletic they were. Saxton and Henderson particularly stood out to me. I know there has been quite a bit of emphasis on Paige getting stronger, but I'm thinking it will be just as important for Dorka and Caroline in order to matchup with their front line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom