Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“… They had little brother syndrome for a while but that is faded.”

This is a breathtakingly delusional statement. 1.) this has certainly not been the case in my lifetime, if anything it has been the other way around, and 2.) did the syndrome fade at approximately the time your team set up a permanent camp atop the ncaa bubble?

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that they've reversed, reversed, reversed do many times that they no longer know which is the correct direction. They also are Vizzini from the Princess Bride and don't realize that both goblets have been poisoned but we have made ourselves immune.
Haha INCONCEIVABLE!!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We’ve had more championships since 2004. This is next level delusion.
There's another fun post in which a poster explains away the 2011 & 2014 NCs, excuses their bad luck in 2 Finals, and turns 4>1 into Cuse having no less than equal top finishes, more F4s, equal E8s, and more S16 (or some such that configuration that results in pretty equal programs).

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
There's another fun post in which a poster explains away the 2011 & 2014 NCs, excuses their bad luck in 2 Finals, and turns 4>1 into Cuse having no less than equal top finishes, more F4s, equal E8s, and more S16 (or some such that configuration that results in pretty equal programs).
They are adorable

Reaction Score

Similar sentiments on the Dukie board.

Screenshot_20230324-223741_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230324-223804_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Duke is about to find out what happens when your HOF coach retires.
Eh idk. I might be in the minority, but I think Scheyer is going to be very good unfortunately.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Eh idk. I might be in the minority, but I think Scheyer is going to be very good unfortunately.

I don’t hate Scheyer nearly as much as I hated Coach K, but part of that is I don’t view Duke as a powerhouse anymore. They are just another decent program. It is harder to hate those kind of programs.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Uconn is playing in NCAA's, we've advanced past the Sweet 16 after a long while, on our way to what could be our 6 Final 4 and 5th NC and we're on a Cuse thread ranting. WTH. Lol

Reaction Score
Uconn is playing in NCAA's, we've advanced past the Sweet 16 after a long while, on our way to what could be our 6 Final 4 and 5th NC and we're on a Cuse thread ranting. WTH. Lol
It's about historical context and long-term rivalries. That's part of what makes it fun! It's like a musical counterpoint to the now-focused conversations. To me, this self-serving Houston Astros fan mentality of "nothing that happened before 2017 matters, history starts then" is some short-sighted thinking. Why follow sports if you're expected to forget about championship runs, dream seasons, even heartbreaking losses after 10, 20, 30 years? I sure as Sanogo abusing Timme in the paint tonight wouldn't bother if I wasn't weaving it into the bigger picture. It'd just get repetitive. Need the narrative to stay engaged.

Reaction Score
I NEED THIS, I do not know how I am gonna spend the next 10 hours without going crazy haha. Maybe I will go to the movies to pass the time

Agreed. I need to kill 10.5 hours until gametime. Any distraction will do. This is as good as any.

Not going to get anything important done today...too busy looking at the clock waiting for tip off

Reaction Score
UNC and Kentucky and Louisville all fell off. It’s OK. It happens. I didn’t say Duke would never be the best again. I’m just saying there will be a fall off. It’s happened to every single school that has won with a HOF coach. Some never make it back (Georgetown).

Reaction Score
I just went to the SU board to read those comments and have to say the majority are positive comments (maybe grudgingly made) and far different than I expected.
It's sort of like one of the phases of grieving...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom