xclamations

Windy city
Reaction Score
LOL
Screenshot_20230320_121914_Samsung Internet.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He's right in the sense that we are close to NYC and Boston. Now if you are looking for a stop-over Motel 6 on your way to Toronto, syracuse might be your place.

Maybe they should hire Snoop Dogg for their cool and collected coach.
Motel 6 wouldn't even locate in Syracuse

Reaction Score

sabach

Exactly. I remember in 2011 when I kept thinking, "surely they cannot keep winning and surely they won't actually win it all". And sure enough. Hate having that feeling again now.

Reaction Score
Just looked at the ‘Cuse board, and there’s at least one guy speculating that Ajax isn’t happy at UCONN and is under the belief that he’ll portal’s to the Orange next year joining Starling from ND, making them a potential top 15 team. Another poster did have the good sense to comment that Ajax wasn’t in the portal so that seemed to be more wishful thinking than anything real at this point

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Just looked at the ‘Cuse board, and there’s at least one guy speculating that Ajax isn’t happy at UCONN and is under the belief that he’ll portal’s to the Orange next year joining Starling from ND, making them a potential top 15 team. Another poster did have the good sense to comment that Ajax wasn’t in the portal so that seemed to be more wishful thinking than anything real at this point
If you follow what they think about Jackson you’ll see they don’t know what they think about Jackson

Reaction Score
Syracuse is so insignificant that they are not worthy of even having this thread here. Not even worth my attention.
We should do what the rest of the old guard ACC schools do -- ignore them.

The only time they get talked about is in discussions about how many of the added schools diluted the conference.

Reaction Score
If AJax isn’t happy here, he’s a better liar than Ed Cooley. Kid bleeds blue

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I hope he's so damn happy that he turns down the opportunity to go 2nd round. I'm seeing him in more and more mocks as a mid-to-late 2nd round pick. @Coach00 needs to step up that NIL game and find a toy manufacturer that will create a Transformer where AJax turns into a fire breathing flying octopus or something.

Reaction Score
Went to the board of fruit and they hate our guts. Kind of like the high school freshman hating the high school seniors who scoop up all the pretty girls. They are obsessed with being like us. The thing is in 100 years when we are all dead and gone they will be sitting there with one championship and we will be in double figures. Mid major team stuck in a mid major league and now they are stuck with Red Autry as the head coach. Don't you think they would have been better off hiring a coach with head coaching experience? But maybe nobody was interested in performing CPR on a dead program?

Reaction Score

I love their shtick over there that guys hate playing for Hurley.

This is Jackson, by the way: "He believes in us. I think he's the best coach in the country. I would never want to play for anybody else." He might be an Ed Cooley level liar but that sounds pretty unequivocal to me.

And: "Best coach I've ever played for," added Hawkins. "I love him to death. I'm so glad he gave me this opportunity to come play for him. Playing in the tournament with him, going to the Sweet 16, it's a great feeling."

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I love their shtick over there that guys hate playing for Hurley.

They've been doing that since day 1 of Hurley, "Can't imagine how a kid could play for that psycho" ..........meanwhile Hurley beat them head to head for Akok and for Jackson, and I think someone else too. They didn't care to look any deeper at the time because then they would find no answers except the truth about Boeheim staring them right back in the face. Now that he's gone and Boeheim turned most of them against him, they will loosen on that a little, but just a little. They are, always were, and always will be pretty delusional. Whether Autry can coach or not they will do a bit better, because a broom could out recruit Boeheim, but we will still beat them head to head more than not, and they will still maintain their preconceived notion.

Reaction Score
Our heart and soul to Canada :)

Reaction Score
Funny how PC & SU fans hate Andre and say he sucks “but” if they are dumb enough to think they could actually get him they love him :)

Reaction Score
They've been doing that since day 1 of Hurley, "Can't imagine how a kid could play for that psycho" ..........meanwhile Hurley beat them head to head for Akok and for Jackson, and I think someone else too. They didn't care to look any deeper at the time because then they would find no answers except the truth about Boeheim staring them right back in the face. Now that he's gone and Boeheim turned most of them against him, they will loosen on that a little, but just a little. They are, always were, and always will be pretty delusional. Whether Autry can coach or not they will do a bit better, because a broom could out recruit Boeheim, but we will still beat them head to head more than not, and they will still maintain their preconceived notion.
That someone else was Clingan. Univ. of Southern Canada was his first offer, which came in August 2019, and the dolts on that board actually believed they were the front runner because SU offered him first. Laughable when I look back at it all.

Reaction Score
That someone else was Clingan. Univ. of Southern Canada was his first offer, which came in August 2019, and the dolts on that board actually believed they were the front runner because SU offered him first. Laughable when I look back at it all.
And then soon enough Kadary Richmond wisely chose to get off the sinking ship so they've taken their lumps. Then Boeheim. What a mess. I miss the rivalries with cuse, pitt, wvu, cincy, so I check in on how things are going with the old mates. It's pretty clear why our old foes up north hate UConn so much, and I enjoy every minute of it. Delicious

Reaction Score
:)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I still cannot fathom why anyone would voluntarily go to Syracuse for any extended period of time.

It's the place where you'd get stationed if you got caught hitting on the Lieutenant's wife during basic training.

Reaction Score
“He’s a great emotional leader, somebody that you can really follow,” Jackson said. “He’s a great role model. He’s somebody that puts 11 months a year into this. It’s not like some other coaches at other schools where they’re here or there. He’s here for us the entire year. Even when we did lose in the first round, he was still there for us.

“He believes in us. I think he’s the best coach in the country. I would never want to play for anybody else.”

I guess falling to "doormat of the conference" level has REALLY put them towards a psychotic break. They're hearing voices over there.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Clingan would have been much less effective at Syracuse on the defensive end. Steph Curry and moving the 3-point line back to International standards has rendered the true 3-2 zone (as opposed to match-up zone, or as Raf would call it, "zone with man2man principles.") obsolete.

From the moment a 10 year old can hit the rim with a regulation free throw, they are practicing their long distance shooting. Even lower division players can hit an unguarded 22 footer 40% of the time.

Autry would be foolish to stay loyal to zone defense.

Reaction Score
  • Their coach destroys his own players multiple times in press conferences for no reason
  • Their coach craps all over reporters who ask legitimate questions and then belittles those reporter's physical attributes
  • Their coach craps all over the city who has hosted their conference tournament forever
  • Their coach accuses other coaches in their conference of buying teams for no real reason
  • Their coach puts his sons on the team, then proceeds to play them 37-40 minues a game while not playing equally talented players at all
  • Their coach agrees to retire and puts in a transition plan to make his good friend and long time assistant the next coach, then decides he doesn't want to retire and completely screws over that good friend

But our coach is the psycho.

Syracuse logic.

Reaction Score
Clingan would have been much less effective at Syracuse on the defensive end. Steph Curry and moving the 3-point line back to International standards has rendered the true 3-2 zone (as opposed to match-up zone, or as Raf would call it, "zone with man2man principles.") obsolete.

From the moment a 10 year old can hit the rim with a regulation free throw, they are practicing their long distance shooting. Even lower division players can hit an unguarded 22 footer 40% of the time.

Autry would be foolish to stay loyal to zone defense.
For what it’s worth I’m gonna miss knowing that Finger Lake State will perseverate on using an antiquated defense. It was their big niche; along with having the biggest doosher of a coach in D1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom