Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 36 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Update: We've now stolen three titles from Duke. Evidence has surfaced on the Devils' Den showing that 2011 counts as a "stolen title" also. It has something to do with Duke losing by luck-fluke to Arizona, on top of the '99 and '04 highway robberies enabled by refs not calling fouls on Ricky Moore (covering Langdon on that last play in '99) and Emeka Okafor.

I believe Inspectors Clouseau and Drebin have been placed in charge of further investigation.
Some self-reflection would help from them if they watched the game and considered that UConn lost the POY for the 1st half after getting called for multiple non-fouls within minutes. The UNC fans were all over that as a Duke-referee special.

Reaction Score
Duke should hate us - we cost them 2 titles, and 2 more wins next weekend and we tie them (and Indiana) with 5 NCs, and move ahead of Kansas again.

If they all hate us, then we know we're doing something right. That fact that many of them are P5 schools in conferences that raided ours makes it all the more satisfying.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Update: We've now stolen three titles from Duke. Evidence has surfaced on the Devils' Den showing that 2011 counts as a "stolen title" also. It has something to do with Duke losing by luck-fluke to Arizona, on top of the '99 and '04 highway robberies enabled by refs not calling fouls on Ricky Moore (covering Langdon on that last play in '99) and Emeka Okafor.

I believe Inspectors Clouseau and Drebin have been placed in charge of further investigation.
“Take him Trajan” is a phrase that never fails to bring a smile to my face.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Some Duke fan account seething at the thought of us winning #5 and saying that we stole 2 titles from them
I've said it before on this site. They are the most self indulgent fans in America. Everything is about Duke and if they don't win there's always a million reasons why.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's Duke's first year without K, too soon to know if they will be able to maintain their past level. It's not like there is some other ACC program that is there to take over. UNC imploded this year and if they don't turn it around quickly they will need to completely rebuild their culture.

If people thought Hurley had a tough job rebuilding UConn, the UNC booster will have zero patience. No way they wait 5 years for their new coach to win a NCAA game. Both Duke and UNC are in danger of becoming Texas or FSU football.

Reaction Score
Hurley is a northeast basketball guy. The idea he would leave a conference that has their championship at MSG is laughable. This area is his sweet spot for recruiting as well.
Unless he gets bored here he’s not leaving.
And I’m thinking the stable of strong coaches in this league will keep him on his toes as well.

Reaction Score
Rutgers

Screenshot_20230326-004832.png

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's Duke's first year without K, too soon to know if they will be able to maintain their past level. It's not like there is some other ACC program that is there to take over. UNC imploded this year and if they don't turn it around quickly they will need to completely rebuild their culture.

If people thought Hurley had a tough job rebuilding UConn, the UNC booster will have zero patience. No way they wait 5 years for their new coach to win a NCAA game. Both Duke and UNC are in danger of becoming Texas or FSU football.
Sucks they couldn’t win a NC in their coaches first year in the tourney…

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Every time I see a Duke basketball fan opinion I think of that letter that Elton Brand wrote sonning one

Reaction Score
Hurley is a northeast basketball guy. The idea he would leave a conference that has their championship at MSG is laughable. This area is his sweet spot for recruiting as well.
Unless he gets bored here he’s not leaving.
And I’m thinking the stable of strong coaches in this league will keep him on his toes as well.
All that you state may be true, however, all that can change when some institution dangles an absurd offer under his nose. Most of us can be seduced by the almighty dollar, particularly if it is a life altering sum.

Reaction Score
For some people yes. Or they can use that offer to get a raise and stay where they want.

Reaction Score
All that you state may be true, however, all that can change when some institution dangles an absurd offer under his nose. Most of us can be seduced by the almighty dollar, particularly if it is a life altering sum.
That will be the end of this game as we know it. They’ll end up with NBA lite.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
I just don’t get why he would go. I get that the money is somewhat better, but it’s not like UConn can’t pay him at all. We have incredible facilities. He’s a northeast guy and can dominate local recruiting, get national recruits, and continue to win. Is UK/UNC really that big a step up from UConn at this point?
Nice post Rock. If things were to continue as is predictable, we keep winning, there's no real step up from UConn. He gets to make tens of millions, stay comfy in the NE and be near his family, and scoop up the best NYC point guard every year.

Reaction Score
Nice post Rock. If things were to continue as is predictable, we keep winning, there's no real step up from UConn. He gets to make tens of millions, stay comfy in the NE and be near his family, and scoop up the best NYC point guard every year.
Again, Geno retires, we give his $3 million per year to Hurley to bump him to $6 million per year, and pay the new women's coach, Sue Bird, Taurasi or whomever, the average salary for a top women's coach which is $750k to $1 million per year and everyone's happy. Problem solved. Hurley would have no reason to leave.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Again, Geno retires, we give his $3 million per year to Hurley to bump him to $6 million per year, and pay the new women's coach, Sue Bird, Taurasi or whomever, the average salary for a top women's coach which is $750k to $1 million per year and everyone's happy. Problem solved. Hurley would have no reason to leave.
I don’t think geno is retiring until Paige and Azzi leave bare minimum. And by then he could have some other kids he wants to finish with. Not a reliable plan imo.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
I haven't seen either UConn's or the State of CT's books, but a university basketball or football program that achieves and maintains excellence, is a revenue force multiplier. They wont have to look hard to find money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom