Not so good news - Paige (merged thread) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Not so good news - Paige (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Poor girl. She had just put in an appearance at Kara Wolters camp on Friday. All the kids were thrilled to see her and Paige was excited to be healthy again. Just sickening. Another rehab process begins. Let's hope this is the last major injury she has to endure.

Reaction Score
Darn darn darn. I hate to hear of any athlete getting injured, especially one so gifted and likeable.

I hope she has a full recovery and comes back better than ever.
While it's a rival team, I look to Amihere as an example of coming back better than ever. Two ACLs that knocked her out for most of her junior and senior high school seasons. It will take time, but it's definitely possible.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Such heartbreaking news but I expect with her attitude and support, she will continue to overcome and be ready in 2023-2024.

I confess I worry how Azzi will handle this and fear some may expect her to fill her shoes on her own.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I wonder if UConn fans will ever get to see a full season of the guard combo of Paige and Azzi for a complete season. For me it puts a damper on the excitement of the upcoming season. I hope she fully recovers. It will be very had for her to have to only watch again this season.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Terrible news for Paige, her team mates, U Conn fans, and the entire sport of basketball. She is an ambassador with glowing credentials. But her attitude and outlook are so positive and encouraging that I feel she will make something good out of this tragic setback. I could not be prouder of our Paige Bueckers and I wish her a sound recovery and bright future.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So sad for Paige. Wonderful young girl. Yet another obstacle. This is the path to greatness though. It happens to all of us. A little rain enters every life eventually. Sometimes it downpours for a while but is sunny for long periods. Paige has now experienced adulthood. Greatness is still ahead of her though, as well as in her past. She's already a millionaire. It could be worse.

Reaction Score
And I thought that last year was a tough year for the UCONN Ladies and Paige. !!
Ouch!

Reaction Score
First let me say that Paige has my prayers for a complete and speedy healing. Not only physically but mentally as she has got to be feeling pretty low about this right now. If the poor girl didn't have bad luck it seems like she would have no luck at all. The team was blessed during the four peat that none of the core players suffered any long term debilitating injuries. It seems like the "basketball gods" are making up for that now.

Nika will have no choice but to become more of a scorer now. Hopefully her ankle has healed and she, along with everyone else, can stay healthy. Sometimes I think these players (all sports and all levels) spend too much time playing. In my opinion, they need time off for their bodies to rest and recover. This approach may take the "edge" off of their skills, but it might keep them on the court or field longer.
This is why I try so very hard to stay even keeled when contemplating the course of a new season.

Reaction Score
Time to pull together again, Lady Huskies. This is hard to
comprehend...... "Be strong": a message to all the UCONN guards and
the whole team and staff!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This is a BIG blow to both Paige and the team, but compared to last season the team has the time to recover from it. As long as the rest of the team has no major injuries I still have hope. Geno and CD will work their magic and have the young ladies prepared for the rigors of playing without Paige.

They should still win the Big East, but the games will be a little closer than they would have been with Paige playing. Everyone will have to step up to include the incoming Freshman to help get UConn through the 22-23 season and if all goes well to at least another Final Four.

Thoughts and Prayers goes out to Paige and her family and may she return much better and stronger next season.

Reaction Score
1. Paige is so much more than just a basketball player and her positive impact (to the team and the community) extends far beyond the court
2. she will have the best medical and surgical team who will help return her to peak performance
3. Klay Thompson.

“In a world where you can be anything… be KIND”…supportive, and empathetic!

Our prayers are with you Paige—through all of the ups and downs! ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01