Not so good news - Paige (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Not so good news - Paige (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Heavy, heavy sigh.....I really feel for Paige, her teammates and all WCBB. But I know that if anyone can handle this turn of events, it's Paige. The season will now have a different look but as always, it will be an amazing journey and amazing season to follow:)

Reaction Score
Why Me Reaction GIF by Audible
Just saw the news on Twitter

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I read this and I went “no, ESPN somehow screwed up and is running an old article“ and then I read it again, and then a third time before it finally sunk in. My heart really breaks for this kid. This has to be absolutely devastating for her.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Can KK finish her senior year by December and join us in January? Yeah, right.

Reaction Score
Devastating! I may not be a UConn fan but I absolutely LOVE watching Paige hoop and WCBB definitely won’t be the same without her this year! Hoping and Praying for a successful and speedy recovery!

I really hope these Athletes stop with the pick up games or at least go 50% if you want to get a run in. One small game can end your career :(
Asking an athlete to play at 50% or not play with friends when its what they live to do, i couldn’t disagree more. Its just an u fortunate injury.

Reaction Score

I read this and I went “no, ESPN somehow screwed up and is running an old article“ and then I read it again, and then a third time before it finally sunk in. My heart really breaks for this kid. This has to be absolutely devastating for her.
Same, except it was when I saw the tweet from UConn. Used to sports injury news being broken by Woj or Schefter or Passan or reporters. This one was presented so matter of factly but the news was so shocking that I was like, oh, that's not real, whew.

Feel awful for her but also teammates, coaches, fans. Been watching her since 8th grade back in MN and there's no one who's more fun to watch in college hoops, men or women, thanks to her floor game, passing, passion, defense, shooting, driving, the whole package. Being on the East Coast have loved having SNY to be able to watch most of their games and winter nights simply won't be the same this year. Full confidence she can come back with the way rehabs and medicine and surgeries work now in sports, but every time she stops or plants or jumps now there's always going to be a fear that it could happen again.

Reaction Score
Oh God, if we didn't have bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck.

It's not about just winning an NC, I really wanted to watch her play this season. She is such a joy to watch. I thought she would come back healthy, stronger and with a good supporting cast. She probably hasn't stopped crying since she went down. I feel so bad for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom