Not so good news - Paige (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Not so good news - Paige (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Statement from Head Coach Geno Auriemma
We're all devastated for Paige. She's worked really hard to get stronger and healthier this offseason, and this is an unfortunate setback. Paige is obviously an amazing basketball player but she's a better person and teammate and it's really unfortunate that this has happened to her. We'll miss her presence on the court, but she'll do everything she can to still lead and help her teammates this season. Our program will support Paige through her healing process to help her come back better and stronger.

Reaction Score
Bueckers sustained the injury during a pick-up basketball game and underwent an MRI Monday evening to confirm the injury.
Bueckers will undergo surgery on Friday at UConn Health. An update on her recovery timetable will be made available following the procedure.

Reaction Score
I heard Paige B. is out again with another torn ACL injury. Can anyone verify?

Reaction Score
I heard Paige B. is out again with another torn ACL injury. Can anyone verify?
Widely reported now, apparently happened during one of the pick-up games

Reaction Score
This is a serious blow to Women's College Basketball. UCONN games always draw the highest ratings & Paige added to its popularity. There are several great players nationwide, but Paige's charisma attracted so many viewers.

Reaction Score
Devastating news for Paige first and foremost. Feel awful for her having to miss another season.

Terrible news for us fans and her teammates as well. We were all looking forward to her return. Just so unfortunate. :(

Reaction Score
Devastating! I may not be a UConn fan but I absolutely LOVE watching Paige hoop and WCBB definitely won’t be the same without her this year! Hoping and Praying for a successful and speedy recovery!

I really hope these Athletes stop with the pick up games or at least go 50% if you want to get a run in. One small game can end your career :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom