Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 50 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My guess is Zarielle Green. Those who "liked" the tweet include two mom's of players in the DFW area, as well as Duncanville teammate, 2020 Hannah Gusters. Apparently, Zarielle removed her prior pro-Kansas references from her twitter page.
Might be, although Green could be considered a major player in the 2018 class( she was #2 player at one time) I would not consider any WCBB decommit from Kansas to be "major".

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Might be, although Green could be considered a major player in the 2018 class( she was #2 player at one time) I would not consider any WCBB decommit from Kansas to be "major".
"Major" in that she is a top 15 national recruit by most recruiting services.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Think any player rated as high as Green going back on her verbal would be pretty major regardless of school.
So was Jenna Brown decommit from ND "major" and was that because it's ND or because it's Jenna Brown?
Destiny Littleton decommitment from USC?

Last edited:

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Texas or Baylor??

Oklahoma also has a top 10 commit (If you go by ProspectsNation.) Worth noting, ShesBallin is based in San Antonio..which is close to where Smith lives.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So was Jenna Brown decommit from ND "major" and was that because it's ND or because it's Jenna Brown?
Destiny Littleton decommitment from UCLA?
I did not realize Destiny Littleton was ever committed to UCLA. She took official visits to USC, Louisville, and Michigan in the Fall of 2016, and verballed to USC. She signed her LOI in November, but when Coach Cooper-Dykes left USC, she was released from her LOI and decided to attend Texas.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Destiny Littleton decommitment from UCLA?

Green is ranked 9th, 13th, and 24th in three of the recruiting services. Seems like a fairly big switch to me.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I did not realize Destiny Littleton was ever committed to UCLA. She took official visits to USC, Louisville, and Michigan in the Fall of 2016, and verballed to USC. She signed her LOI in November, but when Coach Cooper-Dykes left USC, she was released from her LOI and decided to attend Texas.
Sorry corrected I got my California schools mixed up. My point is that Littleton was a major recruit but USC not a major program.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Green is ranked 9th, 13th, and 24th in three of the recruiting services. Seems like a fairly big switch to me.
She was formerly #2 in the class and no doubt a "major" talent. Just don't think any decommit from Kanas WCBB is going to create this kind of buzz.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
After watching Zarielle play in the state championship game in March, she reminded me of Sheryl Swoopes. Very long and lean, and great instincts to make steals. Has a variety of shots, including from long range. I think she is very underrated in the rankings.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
After watching Zarielle play in the state championship game in March, she reminded me of Sheryl Swoopes. Very long and lean, and great instincts to make steals. Has a variety of shots, including from long range. I think she is very underrated in the rankings.
Saw Green at Boo Williams two years in a row and agree with you completely. BTW one other possibility is Jordyn Oliver 2019 a Baylor verbal as of now. Might make some sense because Baylor is about to ink HSG.

Reaction Score
Prince does not fit the type of offense that Texas will put together anymore.She will only be a back-up to Collier.It could be her unless she doesn't mind that role.Seems like i have read recently that she has talked to a certain school but i don't have any details.This would be my wag.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
She was formerly #2 in the class and no doubt a "major" talent. Just don't think any decommit from Kanas WCBB is going to create this kind of buzz.

I think it's a major decommit regardless because she's a top 15 caliber player but I also think the buzz created will depend on where she lands after.. Tennessee, A&M, Georgia and UCLA were her other finalists. If she lands at Tennessee I think that's a big coup and there will be a buzz.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Same. She kept slipping in nearly each ESPN rankings update which was surprising to me. And I love the Swoopes comparison, very accurate.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Same. She kept slipping in nearly each ESPN rankings update which was surprising to me. And I love the Swoopes comparison, very accurate.
Only two guards moved ahead of her in the ESPN rankings. Christyn Williams which was justified by USA basketball where both tried out and Williams made the team and Green did not. Izabella Nicoletti also moved ahead of Green based probably on international play at the FIBA U16 tournament in summer of 2015.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I had always predicted Zarielle would go A&M as she is friends with Chennedy Carter, and her former Duncanville teammate, Ciera Johnson, transferred to A&M from Louisville this summer.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Prince does not fit the type of offense that Texas will put together anymore.She will only be a back-up to Collier.It could be her unless she doesn't mind that role.Seems like i have read recently that she has talked to a certain school but i don't have any details.This would be my wag.
Don't agree with you at all. Plus, Sedona and Charli played together with Cy-Fari Shock club and were on the court together as a Center and Power Forward.

Sedona was one of the first to retweet Charli's commitment tweet

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't agree with you at all. Plus, Sedona and Charli played together with Cy-Fari Shock club and were on the court together
Come on now, if you are an AAU coach with two top 10 ranked players on the same team, regardless of position, you are going to put them on the floor together. College is a little different and it's not just those two with Texas, what you gonna do with Holmes and Boothe?

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I don't know, I think Aston is going to have her hands full with a number of players who like the ball in their hands. Sometimes you have to be careful with what you wish for.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Come on now, if you are an AAU coach with two top 10 ranked players on the same team, regardless of position, you are going to put them on the floor together. College is a little different and it's not just those two with Texas, what you gonna do with Holmes and Boothe?
Sedona and Charli were both simultaneously committed to Texas as 8th/9th graders; so, I'm sure our coaches explained how they plan to utilize them.

Sedona is a true Center; Charli can play both Center and PF.

I'm glad I don't have to make those decisions regarding lineups and positions; Holmes and Boothe both want to play on the wing. Boothe has the perimeter game and 3-point shot, but not quick enough, IMO; for Joyner, it's the opposite.

For the most part, our post players are spaced out pretty well; so, hopefully, depth and competition will benefit them all.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I don't know, I think Aston is going to have her hands full with a number of players who like the ball in their hands. Sometimes you have to be careful with what you wish for.
How is that different than with all the talent UConn has amassed, especially at the SG/SF spots?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How is that different than with all the talent UConn has amassed, especially at the SG/SF spots?
Geno?
Who else was smart enough to take one of those SF and make her into an AA Center.
Take another SF and make her into a AA SG.
Take another SF and make her into an AA playing PF.
Let's face it, Karen is not that clever.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sedona and Charli were both simultaneously committed to Texas as 8th/9th graders; so, I'm sure our coaches explained how they plan to utilize them.
Sedona is a true Center; Charli can play both Center and PF.
I'm glad I don't have to make those decisions regarding lineups and positions; Holmes and Boothe both want to play on the wing. Boothe has the perimeter game and 3-point shot, but not quick enough, IMO; for Joyner, it's the opposite. For the most part, our post players are spaced out pretty well; so, hopefully, depth and competition will benefit them all.
Sedona and Charli also BOTH decommitted from Texas. In the time between when they decommitted and recommitted Texas went out and recruited THREE (White#7, Holmes #2 & Boothe#2 ) other player at the position that were rank equally high or higher than Sedona and Charli.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99