Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 51 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Geno?
Who else was smart enough to take one of those SF and make her into an AA Center.
Take another SF and make her into a AA SG.
Take another SF and make her into an AA playing PF.
Let's face it, Karen is not that clever.
That was last season. Now you have 4 more backcourt players to add to the mix.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
How is that different than with all the talent UConn has amassed, especially at the SG/SF spots?

If you don't know the answer to that, then you haven't been watching these recruits. But here goes, Littleton played in a small league where she took every single shot, Boothe the same and from her comments she feels she is the best. Now, I did not say there is anything wrong with that. The problem is for the coach to mesh the players and when you have a lot of players who like to have their hands on the ball it becomes difficult. We had the same problem with our current senior class and we lost players because of it.

Bringing up Uconn doesn't really work as I don't think he gives a rats ass what you did before.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That was last season. Now you have 4 more backcourt players to add to the mix.
Still don't see the problem. Geno has four years to replicate what he did last year. Season starts in less than a months can't wait to see what he's cooking up.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If you don't know the answer to that, then you haven't been watching these recruits. But here goes, Littleton played in a small league where she took every single shot, Boothe the same and from her comments she feels she is the best. Now, I did not say there is anything wrong with that. The problem is for the coach to mesh the players and when you have a lot of players who like to have their hands on the ball it becomes difficult. We had the same problem with our current senior class and we lost players because of it.
Just to clarify when you say "we" are you talking UCLA or UCONN. UCONN's senior class lost two highly ranked HS players (Sadie & Courtney) to transfers but neither was because of players not meshing.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Just to clarify when you say "we" are you talking UCLA or UCONN. UCONN's senior class lost two highly ranked HS players (Sadie & Courtney) to transfers but neither was because of players not meshing.
UCLA, sorry I thought my avatar gave that away :), our senior class was touted as one of the best but still hasn't worked out that way, but we are still hoping this will be the year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think it's a major decommit regardless because she's a top 15 caliber player but I also think the buzz created will depend on where she lands after.. Tennessee, A&M, Georgia and UCLA were her other finalists. If she lands at Tennessee I think that's a big coup and there will be a buzz.
Will Holly still be coaching or Nah? If so Green just becomes more fuel for the dumpster fire.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UCLA, sorry I thought my avatar gave that away :), our senior class was touted as one of the best but still hasn't worked out that way, but we are still hoping this will be the year.
I was dogging your Bruins in another thread recently for being #1 2014 recruiting class and not making a final four. @Plebe provided admirable dissent so I'm guessing he also a Bruin fan.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Yeah, I need to see them live up to all the Jazz before I can really go to town. One thing is for sure we will not make the final four if we are on the same side.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I had always predicted Zarielle would go A&M as she is friends with Chennedy Carter, and her former Duncanville teammate, Ciera Johnson, transferred to A&M from Louisville this summer.

That was always my thought as well.

Reaction Score
It’s Green, I wonder where she will land.
This might be a little premature, I saw it posted, but haven't seen it confirmed, over on an OU message board they are saying she has removed Kansas commit from her twitter bio, and has a visit to Tennessee this weekend. Should she pick Tennessee I guess she or Westbrook would be moved to Small Forward. Tamika Catching is her favorite female basketball player.

Rumored to be the Duncanville Three.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Well, one shoe has dropped so far. Star Jacobs, one of the "Duncanville Three" that recently committed to Kansas has decommited and decided to commit to Houston instead.

Will there be more? That's not a major decommit at all.

Reaction Score
Rumored to be the Duncanville Three
Well, one shoe has dropped so far. Star Jacobs, one of the "Duncanville Three" that recently committed to Kansas has decommited and decided to commit to Houston instead.

Will there be more? That's not a major decommit at all.
wow and so fast, maybe something happen that made all three cool off Kansas, could be playing with Mitchell or Washington.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well, one shoe has dropped so far. Star Jacobs, one of the "Duncanville Three" that recently committed to Kansas has decommited and decided to commit to Houston instead. Will there be more? That's not a major decommit at all.
Stop throwing shade. Starr was going to be a star. She #14 in ESPN-AT HER POSITION! :D

Reaction Score
Rumored to be the Duncanville Three

wow and so fast, maybe something happen that made all three cool off Kansas, could be playing with Mitchell or Washington.

That's a real shame.........I was happy to see a school like Kansas get a highly ranked recruit for a change........like to see the talent spread out a bit more away from the usual suspects............

Reaction Score
gee.........I didn't think a 3.1 GPA could get you in to most of those schools.............;)

Reaction Score
How was this confirmed?

Her teammate Starr Jacobs, also a Kansas commit, decommitted then committed to Houston. Wouldn't be surprised if Zay Green and Aniya Thomas both decommitted as well.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I was surprised that any recruit from the state of Texas would commit to Kansas after the way their head coach and entire administration treated Mackenzie Calvert due to her altercation with their men's freshman hoops superstar last Spring. If they do all decommit, so be it.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
My guess is Zarielle Green. Those who "liked" the tweet include two mom's of players in the DFW area, as well as Duncanville teammate, 2020 Hannah Gusters. Apparently, Zarielle removed her prior pro-Kansas references from her twitter page.

I was really surprised that she chose KU in the first place.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Don't worry about Joyner; all signs are pointing to her being back at Texas in mid-December (after semester concludes); she is included in this montage top right next to Rellah (who enrolled at Texas for the summer session in June):

When was that photo taken? I doubt that it is Holmes, but that pic doesn't really say much unless we know when it was taken.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Big get for Hillsman

Very good get. I've been secretly hoping that Niele might've gotten lost on a trip to Mary Louis Academy and ended up at St. Francis to watch Engstler, who I've seen play.
Very active, very aggressive, good handle and mid-to-outside shot continues to develop.
If she can grow another inch or so, Faith Masonius, Class of '19, is the same kind of player.

Reaction Score
When was that photo taken? I doubt that it is Holmes, but that pic doesn't really say much unless we know when it was taken.
There’s also an interview with Coach Aston from a couple days ago where she’s talking about Joyner. She gives her thoughts on the team handling the situation with her right now and what to expect when she returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom