Non-Key Tweets | Page 888 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Say what you want about UCF but they invested in football wisely. Hired Frost who was a homerun there and followed up with Malzahn. Paid good money. UConn sorta paid good money for Diaco but extened him after going 6-7, and immediately fired him. That turned out to be a boondoggle when coupled with the KO mess and the result was bringing in Edsall on the cheap which were wasted years.
They tried to work with Diaco but he was unwilling to put support staff around him to buttress his weaknesses, whether support staff can buttress the weakness of insanity, is a debatable question.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As far as I am aware, we weren't even considered for that round. That was Triage for the loss of OU in Texas.
I agree. I just think we might have been had it happened after our 5th.

It's one thing to see what UConn MBB has done with Calhoun, and to consider Ollie in 2014 "lucky" or "with JC's guys". But to win one now, with a new coach, two years after switching to the BE. That's an indication of staying power that the likes of Indiana has not shown. I think it answered some questions about the program. Mora helps too.

Reaction Score
For the moment, forget the TV $/exposure.

If you are a Big12 President, with geographic and cultural ties to the traditional “western” Mid-West, you have just added four schools from Florida, Ohio, Utah and, (OK) Texas. Not long ago you added West Virginia as your eastern outpost.

What do your schools have in common with New England?

A UConn grad, I want Big12 membership. But it won’t surprise me if their ADs say yes, while the Presidents say no.

Reaction Score
The way this is trending is, well, not giving me good feelings. What do they say? Once bitten, twice shy. Yeah, well, more like, we will get fooled again. I hope UConn fans don't end up like this:

Reaction Score
For the moment, forget the TV $/exposure.

If you are a Big12 President, with geographic and cultural ties to the traditional “western” Mid-West, you have just added four schools from Florida, Ohio, Utah and, (OK) Texas. Not long ago you added West Virginia as your eastern outpost.

What do your schools have in common with New England?

A UConn grad, I want Big12 membership. But it won’t surprise me if their ADs say yes, while the Presidents say no.
I’m not sure why the presidents would say no to, what would be, the best academic school in the B12.

Reaction Score
Yormark is not the only one thinking this way. There is a decent good chance that football and basketball will be decoupled at some point. It really depends on how streaming content is sold directly to consumers. There are a lot of ways this can go.
If the basketball tournament didn't fund the NCAA operations, basketball would be a much more profitable sport than it is right now. And, people have downplayed the value of basketball TV rights and Yormack see that. So, I don't think it's a crazy idea to try to separate the media contracts for football and basketball.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Gonzaga wanted too much money. My understanding is the Big 12 is no longer discussing adding them.
If you know all this, why don’t you know when the announcement is happening?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Non key Flugs - does he know anything? I don’t think so- he just knows where to look because like the rest of us he is rather obsessed too.

Reaction Score
Hoping the CO BOR means something is happening. It is so confusing bc Flugar still has us behind AZ, ASU and Utah.
None of those schools are leaving the PAC. And even if they did, the Big 12 is only taking 3 more western schools with BYU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom