Non-Key Tweets | Page 886 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The talent pool in FL is so deep there are opportunities to identify very good players missed by UF/FSU/Miami. We find them too.
I'm not saying they can't be good. They've already been good. I'm saying nobody would really care even if they are. They could use a rebrand, like Buffalo did ditching "SUNY".

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
It is always darkest before the dawn. We will be in the XII. It may not happen this summer if there is no partner for us (Colorado), but it will happen, sooner than later. This time next year, we will be coming off of an 8 win football season and a decent bowl game. Hoops for men and women will be great. Baseball, hockey, field hockey, and track will have good years. Things will continue to go up from there - and conference realignment will continue. It is going to happen. Keep the faith!

GG

Reaction Score
They must be talking about adding UConn as a stand alone. If Colorado joins the Big 12 so will UConn.
Greg Flugar is implying the Big 12 presidents do not want UCONN football but would consider basketball. Also indicating Big 12 looking at basketball only schools including Zags and SJU. Any truth (he seems to get some good info).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Greg Flugar is implying the Big 12 presidents do not want UCONN football but would consider basketball. Also indicating Big 12 looking at basketball only schools including Zags and SJU. Any truth (he seems to get some good info).
No. They aren't adding basketball only schools. It's a mind bogglingly stupid idea. It always was from when it was first floated.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No. They aren't adding basketball only schools. It's a mind bogglingly stupid idea. It always was from when it was first floated.

It is not a stupid idea. I think there is a meaningful possibility that the Big East will merge with or be in partnership with one of the P5 conferences within 5 years. Content is content. Stop thinking of realignment along 2002 parameters.

Reaction Score
Thought today was going to be a big day. Convinced now that UConn will not be going BIG12 and that PAC will be keeping their teams. Time to start chatting season stuff on the football board again.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Thought today was going to be a big day. Convinced now that UConn will not be going BIG12 and that PAC will be keeping their teams. Time to start chatting season stuff on the football board again.
Why did you think today was the day? Did you have inside info on something possibly happening?

Reaction Score
It is not a stupid idea. I think there is a meaningful possibility that the Big East will merge with or be in partnership with one of the P5 conferences within 5 years. Content is content. Stop thinking of realignment along 2002 parameters.
Doubt it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Conference members with inconsistent goals and disagreements on how to divide the TV money is a recipe for disaster. We know that better than anyone. People think the FSU/Clemson whining over revenue sharing is an issue? Having basketball only schools in an all sports conference would make that look like a love-in.

What you might see are more scheduling agreements. The annual challenges are pretty successful.

Reaction Score
From your prior posts, you indicated you had an inside source. Have you talked to them again and that is why you are changing your thoughts?
Or are you just changing your mind based on what is posted on the board?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Conference members with inconsistent goals and disagreements on how to divide the TV money is a recipe for disaster. We know that better than anyone. People think the FSU/Clemson whining over revenue sharing is an issue? Having basketball only schools in an all sports conference would make that look like a love-in.

What you might see are more scheduling agreements. The annual challenges are pretty successful.

Hasn't Yormark indicated he'd like to sell the basketball and football content separately?

I don't think it's such a crazy idea to pick off a St. John's and UConn to host 10+ Big 12 games in MSG every year. UConn as a full sports member of course.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Hasn't Yormark indicated he'd like to sell the basketball and football content separately?

I don't think it's such a crazy idea to pick off a St. John's and UConn to host 10+ Big 12 games in MSG every year. UConn as a full sports member of course.
Where the game is played is irrelevant to TV other than time zone. UConn isn't moving any league games to MSG. St. Johns has no particular appeal to most people outside of Queens, and not many in Queens.

Half this fanbase seems to live in a bubble. I Googled St. John's Attendance to see what they did at MSG and the first several results are from various high schools. That says it all about St. John's. St. John's averaged 5,588 per game over 18 home games. I can't find the attendance for the MSG game vs Nova or the game at Barclays.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Where the game is played is irrelevant to TV other than time zone. UConn isn't moving any league games to MSG. St. Johns has no particular appeal to most people outside of Queens, and not many in Queens.

Half this fanbase seems to live in a bubble. I Googled St. John's Attendance to see what they did at MSG and the first several results are from various high schools. That says it all about St. John's. St. John's averaged 5,588 per game over 18 home games. I can't find the attendance for the MSG game vs Nova or the game at Barclays.

I tend to disagree. I'm not necessarily saying St. John's is the answer but having a presence in NYC is valuable. So in that sense it's far less about St. John's than their location.

I'd think having northeast visibility would be important for university President's for future students and perhaps even for alumni living in NYC.

Small price to pay in the scheme of things to plant a flag in NYC.

Reaction Score
From your prior posts, you indicated you had an inside source. Have you talked to them again and that is why you are changing your thoughts?
Or are you just changing your mind based on what is posted on the board?
Unexpected conflicting information... Not from board.

Reaction Score

It is a crazy idea when tv contracts for basketball and football are marketed and sold together. If it ever becomes common practice to market and sell the two sports separately, it's no longer crazy.

Reaction Score
I don't get the whole thing about this being about football. If it was about football, then why are they trying to get the worst football team in the P5 so bad? Colorado has been near if not the worst football team in the P5 for some time now, whether you look at the past 5 years, past 10 years, or past 20 years. They have had the advantage of being in a P5 league and have proven they don't move the needle. I doubt they are betting conference membership on the fact that Deion turns the team instantaneously around after 20 horrible years. There are obviously other factors going into their decision that weigh much more than past football performance.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It is a crazy idea when tv contracts for basketball and football are marketed and sold together. If it ever becomes common practice to market and sell the two sports separately, it's no longer crazy.

Ok. Just don't tell the Big12 commissioner that.

“Do I think we’re undervalued? Certainly I do. Do I think there’s an opportunity down the road to maybe decouple football from basketball when we go back into that next TV cycle? I certainly do,” said Yormark. “No one has thought about it that way."

GG

Reaction Score
He's full of crap.
Thanks. He indicated earlier today that there are discussions going on this week regarding basketball only adds. Do you believe there’s any truth to that? I actually don’t think it’s a horrible idea.

Reaction Score
He's full of crap.

I listen to his PATC show. I don’t think he’s full of crap. He has never lied to his audience. When he receives bad information, he admits it. He clearly has connections, as evidenced by his knowledge of USC joining the B1G months in advance. I believe he was posting that was going to happen for 4 months before the world knew.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom