Non-Key Tweets | Page 890 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Greg Flugar is implying the Big 12 presidents do not want UCONN football but would consider basketball. Also indicating Big 12 looking at basketball only schools including Zags and SJU. Any truth (he seems to get some good info).
No, it's idiotic.

Reaction Score
Why would it surprise someone that the on-campus SEC schools draw a little bit more than big city Big East schools when half the crowd at an SEC game are students that are there for free (or close to it) while almost everyone at a Big East game is paying full price for their ticket?

Also kinda surprised me that Arkansas, top four in attendance, has a smaller enrollment than UConn....I would have thought from those "Soooeee Pig" crowds on TV that Arkansas was bigger.

I see that UConn students have a "claim ticket" methodology...

Also didn't realize that UConn's enrollment is larger than Arkansas, Auburn, and Tennessee, among others...UConn is fairly big/

Reaction Score
The SEC and B1G would need to go to 20 teams before they can attempt to break away. That’s not enough, at least I don’t think so, to take control of March Madness. Right now it appears that we are headed to a P3 if/when the ACC GOR expires. It‘s possible that the 3rd conference to 20 teams will get a seat at the table.

The P2/3 will eventually control access to March Madness just as they do now to the CFB playoffs.
I think this makes a lot of sense. It's important to make moves with forethought and some element of finesse. I keep saying that it's understandable not to want to burn bridges among university Presidents. But any conference wishing to appear to be the nice guys in this scenario at the cost of it's long-term viability and equal partnerships does so at it's own risk. Not saying go in and bulldoze to get what you need, but strategically position yourself to be that major player and create those relationships with the schools that bring value competitively and regionally. And don't be afraid to execute that plan. Bailing out at the last minute only loses you credibility. There may be a limited window for the Big 12 to act under terms that are advantageous for them. Every new media contract is a risky proposition from here on in. Peace through strength baby.

Reaction Score
Also kinda surprised me that Arkansas, top four in attendance, has a smaller enrollment than UConn....I would have thought from those "Soooeee Pig" crowds on TV that Arkansas was bigger.

I see that UConn students have a "claim ticket" methodology...

Also didn't realize that UConn's enrollment is larger than Arkansas, Auburn, and Tennessee, among others...UConn is fairly big/

I don’t think it is. There’s several UConn campuses. Storrs, the main campus, has 18k+ undergrads. I think those other schools have 30-40% more.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it is. There’s several UConn campuses. Storrs, the main campus, has 18k+ undergrads. I think those other schools have 30-40% more.

OK...total UConn...32,000 all campuses

Arkansas has six campuses...Tennessee five

Reaction Score
OK...total UConn...32,000 all campuses

Arkansas has six campuses...Tennessee five

Right, UT Knoxville has 27k undergrad. Arkansas Fayetteville 25k, Auburn 24.5k. UConn 18.5k.

Whatever, though. It’s all irrelevant to our plight. We joined BCS too late and have been paying a price ever since.

Reaction Score
Right, UT Knoxville has 27k undergrad. Arkansas Fayetteville 25k, Auburn 24.5k. UConn 18.5k.

Whatever, though. It’s all irrelevant to our plight. We joined BCS too late and have been paying a price ever since.

Don't forget - we were there in 2011 but for the BC chicanery... (Made possible because we had pissed off a lot of ACC folks.) And we had another chance in 2012, but we needed an activist AD instead of a monitor...

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Of all the key, non-key, and non, non-key tweets that have existed on this board regarding us and realignment, other than rule #1, for some odd reason I actually believe this guy. Like out of no where and in text willing to buy someone garb if he's wrong.

This is why I waste my time here.
I actually believe him. He doesn’t tweet about UConn but knows someone who’s connected to the AD and was passing along the info.

Whether it goes down the way he said it will (this week and definitively) I don’t know, it could be the game of telephone. But definitely believe what he was told.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Depends on whether they go Carolina or Kansas City bbq, no?
Carolina, always Carolina. The pulled pork with the Lexington Dip is superior to the sweet bbq sauce of Kansas City bbq ribs.

Oh wait, we weren’t talking about bbq? Ugh! I think you all will be swimming in that sweet KC bbq within a year. No inside info what your admin is doing, but I think you should get ready for ribs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Carolina, always Carolina. The pulled pork with the Lexington Dip is superior to the sweet bbq sauce of Kansas City bbq ribs.

Oh wait, we weren’t talking about bbq? Ugh! I think you all will be swimming in that sweet KC bbq within a year. No inside info what your admin is doing, but I think you should get ready for ribs.
Gross. Mustard based sauces are from the Devil. Not all KC BBQ sauces are sweet, mostly that's just the supermarket crap. Gates and Arthur Bryant aren't sweet.

Reaction Score
Only thing I know is my recent beer trip to Raleigh (I'm dc based) is I have learned I have no interest in eastern NC bbq and I'll reserve judgement on western nc bbq

Reaction Score
patman you have to check out Sneaky Penguin Brewery next time you go down. The owner there is from Newington CT. Big UConn fan too!

Reaction Score
I smoke on a pellet grill...I married a Texan and we keep it simple for brisket...Texas style...brisket with no rub other than salt and pepper. I bring home Franklin BBQ sauce by the case when I take my yearly sojourn to hill country to pay my marriage tax..(wife visits family).

Ribs done 3-2-1 style (more southern than Texan) as an homage to my roots.

Reaction Score
Ellington Ridge hosting a fund raiser for HS hockey team today?
This guy knows nothing and probably wasn't even there. I'm pretty sure nothing good was going on at the east catholic hockey fundraiser as far as UConn Big 12 goes

Reaction Score
Lexington bbq is traditionally found in the Piedmont, not the mountains. It uses ketchup to go with the vinegar and therefore is theoretically sweeter. Eastern NC bbq is more vinegary and not sweet. I get a container of Hardison’s outside Plymouth when I head to the Outer Banks, had no idea what I was missing.

Mustard is disgusting SC-style bbq. Also, bbq is a noun and really is just another way to say pulled pork. Kansas City-style bbq isn’t really bbq, it’s just a type of sauce that they put on random meat. Some Texas-styled brisket is great, but it also isn’t bbq.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom