Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 415 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Those tweets are the dumbest thing ever. Every team not in the SEC or Big Ten has interest in either or both. Duh.
Agreed. Seems like he's been trying to build up his follower base, so simple red meat content appears to be why he posted those.

Reaction Score
Couple of throw away UConn mention:

-> Within the meeting rooms, each league’s strategy unfolded ahead of their proverbial territorial battle. Just paces from the Pac-12’s gathering, Big 12 leaders discussed a list of expansion targets, four of them residing in the Pac-12: Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State and Utah.

Other targets are from a variety of leagues: San Diego State and UNLV from the Mountain West; UConn, which is independent in football and in the Big East in basketball; and Memphis, from the American. There are others too, such as Colorado State, SMU and Fresno, but they seem further down the pecking order. <-

-> Though San Diego State seems bound for the Pac-12—it is their preference—Yormark has held conversations with the school’s leadership about being the Big 12’s only program in the Pacific Time zone. UConn, the reigning men’s basketball champions, is a play for a foothold in the northeast as well as adding another basketball powerhouse to what currently is the best hoops league in the country. And of Memphis, the Tigers finished as a finalist the last time the Big 12 expanded. <-

Reaction Score
Throw away UConn mention:

This seems a bit more than a throw away mention, but I guess we will see; also seems to be the first legit media guy mentioning us in the context of realingment as opposed to the usual twitter crackpots. Again will have to wait and see. I have noted that our AD has seemed less active on social media recently, so one wonders if there is something more to all of this as it relates to us.

Reaction Score
This seems a bit more than a throw away mention, but I guess we will see; also seems to be the first legit media guy mentioning us in the context of realingment as opposed to the usual twitter crackpots. Again will have to wait and see. I have noted that our AD has seemed less active on social media recently, so one wonders if there is something more to all of this as it relates to us.
As opposed to the desperation we see coming out of Tallahassee

Reaction Score

-> Within the meeting rooms, each league’s strategy unfolded ahead of their proverbial territorial battle. Just paces from the Pac-12’s gathering, Big 12 leaders discussed a list of expansion targets, four of them residing in the Pac-12: Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State and Utah.

Other targets are from a variety of leagues: San Diego State and UNLV from the Mountain West; UConn, which is independent in football and in the Big East in basketball; and Memphis, from the American. There are others too, such as Colorado State, SMU and Fresno, but they seem further down the pecking order. <-

-> Though San Diego State seems bound for the Pac-12—it is their preference—Yormark has held conversations with the school’s leadership about being the Big 12’s only program in the Pacific Time zone. UConn, the reigning men’s basketball champions, is a play for a foothold in the northeast as well as adding another basketball powerhouse to what currently is the best hoops league in the country. And of Memphis, the Tigers finished as a finalist the last time the Big 12 expanded. <-

The fact UConn gets mentioned two entirely separate times makes me feel like there is actual real smoke there

Reaction Score
I agree that league is clearly looking to move west, they aren’t going to take us and 3 western schools

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I agree that league is clearly looking to move west, they aren’t going to take us and 3 western schools
If the Pac-12 stays together and adds SDSU and SMU, there is a legitimate chance the Big 12 will add us.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If the Pac-12 stays together and adds SDSU and SMU, there is a legitimate chance the Big 12 will add us.

Tangent comment: its no secret Vegas continues to grow and proving it can keep growing despite the inevitable booms and busts to travel. Long term, UNLV is sitting on a very good opportunity. If the school gets it act together academically, it really could become quite attractive.

The NHL, the NFL and now the MLB landing (Oakland is on their way) in Vegas is doing a lot to make it a serious town and I think reshape the city as more than an endless weekend. Regardless if you agree with that take, the city once eschewed by the pro and college sports world as toxic and dangerous is quickly becoming an obvious must have with any sports travel calendar.

UNLV sort of fits nicely into the B12 niche as the aggressive wildman of P5 sports. The school needs to get serious.

Reaction Score

And the ACC schools now have a name:

"The ACC’s options are quite limited, both for the group of seven and the league as a whole." Once a name is coined, it's over.

The GO7 could look to add the Kansases, Okie State, and perhaps the Corner 4.

"3. Create another league. If the seven agree to dissolve the current grant-of-rights agreement (we don’t know yet if this is a possibility), they may add a couple of more schools and begin their own association in hopes of it being more lucrative. This comes with its own issues, of course. You’d need a broadcast partner or private equity to fund such an endeavor. And, as one official asks, “Will it really be that much more lucrative?”"

Reaction Score
And the ACC schools now have a name:

"The ACC’s options are quite limited, both for the group of seven and the league as a whole." Once a name is coined, it's over.

The GO7 could look to add the Kansases, Okie State, and perhaps the Corner 4.

"3. Create another league. If the seven agree to dissolve the current grant-of-rights agreement (we don’t know yet if this is a possibility), they may add a couple of more schools and begin their own association in hopes of it being more lucrative. This comes with its own issues, of course. You’d need a broadcast partner or private equity to fund such an endeavor. And, as one official asks, “Will it really be that much more lucrative?”"
Actually the “Magnificent 7”:

Reaction Score
I think it’s possible, but if they are really interested in moving west I doubt they just say ah well the hell let’s grab UConn since we couldn’t. I think we link up with what’s left of the ACC after the magnificent 7 leave

Reaction Score
Actually the “Magnificent 7”:

It seems Georgia Tech, Louisville and Pitt would also have options to make it 10. How glorious it would be to see SU and BCU standing outside the Big East door asking to be let in, with duke and wake waiting in the car.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It seems Georgia Tech, Louisville and Pitt would also have options to make it 10. How glorious it would be to see SU and BCU standing outside the Big East door asking to be let in, with duke and wake waiting in the car.
What options do you think Louisville or Pitt have?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I can see the SEC and the B1G each taking one of the Virginia schools and one of the North Carolina schools. I'm not sure either conference is in too much of a rush however as there are many things that will need to be worked out prior to further expansion.

I'm not sure any other ACC school has a definitive landing spot that would be an improvement on where they currently are.

Reaction Score
Some serious hating on the McMurphy podcast on UConn being a target for the big 12. No other school would ever get about possibly getting into the P5.

Reaction Score
Dan Wetzel, Pat Forde and Ross Dellanger. Dellanger confirms that Yormark is definitely eyeing UConn. Wetzel and Forde think that UConn would be crazy to join the Big 12. "Don't make a football decision at a basketball school." "Football fans in New England don't care." "They dominate basketball when they are around NYC".

Reaction Score
Dan Wetzel, Pat Forde and Ross Dellanger. Dellanger confirms that Yormark is definitely eyeing UConn. Wetzel and Forde think that UConn would be crazy to join the Big 12. "Don't make a football decision at a basketball school." "Football fans in New England don't care." "They dominate basketball when they are around NYC".

That's hating. Same crew that lambasted UConn for leaving the AAC and abandoning football want to kill UConn for going to the Big 12? Just come out and say you want UConn to stay broke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom