Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 838 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
The FSU AD's answer to a question from boosters while in Chicago.

Booster question..."Will we be able to drive to games soon ?"

Answer..."You can drive to Patagonia. It's all in the want to. "

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would root for the University of Tehran Terrorists before I root for Wesleyan.
Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

Reaction Score
I am surprised there hasn’t been any news on the big east tv deal yet… I thought it was a done deal.. just waiting for a third media outlet provider…that was a month ago…

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I am surprised there hasn’t been any news on the big east tv deal yet… I thought it was a done deal.. just waiting for a third media outlet provider…that was a month ago…
Curious indeed. Probably pricing the offer two ways; with and without UConn!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Curious indeed. Probably pricing the offer two ways; with and without UConn!

Eerily similar to the Pac-12 negotiations which were always on the cusp of getting done.

Reaction Score

More trial ballons…

-> Could Group of Five playoff idea expand?

Sources stress that the G5-only tournament idea – pitting winners of eight divisions in a tournament that awards a College Football Playoff automatic berth – entails only Group of Five schools right now.

As conference realignment continues to take hold – and super conferences look to congeal – the industry’s so-called second tier could ultimately also include some Big 12 and ACC schools left on the outside of the two super leagues once the music stops.

“The second tier is so fragmented,” a prominent industry source told On3 on Thursday. “Everyone is vying for the adult table. That second tier/G5 is truly ‘Game of Thrones.’

If efforts to join the two super conferences fail, a second-tier end game would be the fallback option for Big 12 schools like Texas Tech, Iowa State and Oklahoma State and ACC schools lacking big brand recognition.

They could be second-tier members to complement the Group of Five schools already at that table. That scenario would make Dooley’s concept more appealing to a variety of stakeholders. <-

Reaction Score
The timelines for this would be so ridiculous. You'd have these playoff games starting in what? Early November? So "g5" schools would end their seasons by election day?

Reaction Score
And the BE will say no. Unfortunately, only way that happens is if we sign a GOR or something that keeps us legally bound to the BE. Considering the ACC is prime to be blown up in the next couple of years, it would be counter intuitive.
I would sign up for the Gonzaga deal in a heart beat.
The first unit for just for making the tournament goes into the conference pot , every other unit earned you keep for yourself .
UConn would make almost three million a year for the next 5 under that plan. Which could go up depending on our performance in the near future.

Reaction Score
I would sign up for the Gonzaga deal in a heart beat.
The first unit for just for making the tournament goes into the conference pot , every other unit earned you keep for yourself .
UConn would make almost three million a year for the next 5 under that plan. Which could go up depending on our performance in the near future.
I’d love this, too, and we should ask but we are not getting a better deal than we have. That is the problem with being in a conference that views itself as better than it is. The Fox deal will be lousy for us but fine for the likes of Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
I’d love this, too, and we should ask but we are not getting a better deal than we have. That is the problem with being in a conference that views itself as better than it is. The Fox deal will be lousy for us but fine for the likes of Seton Hall.
That's the issue with The Big East. Despite the nostalgia of the return along with a handful of shorter trips, it will never be a natural fit for UConn. When you have 10 teams aligned in both their athletic and economic vision for what a conference should be, and 1 team essentially caught between two worlds there will always be tension.

I'm not sure that The B1G is in the cards, but I truly hope that The ACC or Big 12 is. There needs to be stability in both basketball/football scheduling and a revenue stream that allows the AD to maintain its high levels of success.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom