Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 410 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

Um, he has a UConn connection. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Tony pass out at UConn Dairy Bar last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

We’re in!!!!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Anything that starts or ends with Jim Williams can just be ignored.

Reaction Score
I like the mention of a school from the ACC. Could this mean an opening for UConn in the ACC.
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Ugh. I kind of feel like it is getting inevitable that we end up with Cuse, BC and Wake somewhere I probably don’t want to be.
Just curious- why wouldn’t you want to play Syracuse, BC, Pitt on a regular basis in all sports?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just curious- why wouldn’t you want to play Syracuse, BC, Pitt on a regular basis in all sports?
Because there is a very low likelihood that a media partner is going to want to pay a significant amount of money for the rights to those games?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Because there is a very low likelihood that a media partner is going to want to pay a significant amount of money for the rights to those games?
Zoomies Spinning GIF by Impact Dog Crates

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Exactly! You don’t want to move from one financially unstable home, paying all the exit fees and entrance fees, to another unstable home. That’s just chasing your tail because you’re going to have to move again shortly.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Exactly! You don’t want to move from one financially unstable home, paying all the exit fees and entrance fees, to another unstable home. That’s just chasing your tail because you’re going to have to move again shortly.
It's a valid point at the moment. But at some point - and I think it'll be before 2036 - the B1G, SEC, and B12 will have hit a limit on # of teams they'd accept. Let's say all three went to 20 teams, so that's 60 teams getting considerably more money than the ACC and remnants of whatever's left out West.

Let's say all three conferences fill out at 20 members. It would probably look something like this, using some metric on value to determine which teams to choose:

B1G adds: Notre Dame, Oregon, Washington, Stanford
SEC adds: Clemson, Florida St., Va Tech, Miami
B12 adds: Arizona St, Utah, Ga Tech, Cal, Louisville, NC State, Arizona St., Colorado

That leaves a motley crew of the following remnants of the ACC/Pac12 and others:
From ACC: Pitt, Virginia, Syracuse, BC, Duke, Wake
From Pac12: Oregon St., Wash St.
AAC possibilities/Independents of Note: Army, USF, ECU, Navy, Memphis, Temple, Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, UConn.

Given I don't know squat, any of the teams mentioned as "adds" may be replaced by another team. But for purposes of this exercise, the number of teams left in the pool and their geography matters more than the specific team.

Logic would suggest that Oregon St. and Washington St. simply join the Mountain West.

That would leave a potential 12 team mostly eastern conference of: Pitt, UVA, Syracuse, BC, Duke, Wake, Temple, Navy, USF, ECU, Memphis and UConn. It's a butt-ugly landing spot, but a conference that should earn a much better contract than the AAC. Maybe it's just a 10 school conference instead of 12 and there are no directionals.

Much as I love UConn, I don't see any way the B1G or B12 takes us given the other options available. So, joining the ACC would not involve exit fees and probably not much in the way of entrance fees. But, during the years that the ACC was still viable, the revenue would be greatly preferable to what we're receiving now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom