January Recruiting Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

January Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We really should try to sign at least 1-2 more but anyone would be happy with KK and Ashlyn as a class in itself. We need numbers as well as quality. Ideally, to me, 4 signings.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Is KK anywhere near as good as KiKi or is KIKi a level above?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is KK anywhere near as good as KiKi or is KIKi a level above?

They are different kinds of players. KiKi Rice is much taller, by 4" or so, and is uber athletic (excellent soccer player). She's also rated #2 in her class. KK Arnold is #8 and a very tough 5'8" or so (listed between 5'6" and 5'10", but slightly taller than Geno). We got KK, which makes me very happy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We really should try to sign at least 1-2 more but anyone would be happy with KK and Ashlyn as a class in itself. We need numbers as well as quality. Ideally, to me, 4 signings.

Agreed. Hopefully, we can get C and at least 1 from the group of Williams, Booker, Cunningham, and Del Rosario.

Reaction Score

IMO, like many really good players, her strong fundamentals along with her high motor allow her skills to actually show better against the stronger AAU competition in this video. I think her HS games are a little slow for her. Plus the less wimpy officiating in AAU allows her to use her physicality to her advantage. This kid is tough and all business.

Reaction Score
It's interesting that some of these analysts also flagged her mentality and work focus. That impressed me as well. I also agree that the AAU video sure helps display her talents better. As a Freshman in high school she basically carried her team on her back and it must have been so frustrating for her as she had no help. Ayanna had a similar situation as far as I'm concerned. Some of these remote prospects, relatively rural and suburb prospects, don't face the same level of competition I would think. Ashlyn plays like a boy playing with little girls sometimes. More assertive, strategically breaking down an opponent.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Her parents have a real challenge on her hands for the next 4 year=mostly how to avoid boredom and keep her game advancing.

they should consult with the Bueckers.........I think Paige was ready for college as a high school sophomore......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom