It's Official: Shea Ralph Named Vanderbilt Coach | Page 8 | The Boneyard

It's Official: Shea Ralph Named Vanderbilt Coach

Reaction Score
Isn't Jen Rizzotti available - would she not make an ideal assitant for next season as she awaits her next opportunity

Reaction Score
Twitterverse already saying we lose a wing and a post to vandy
If true could explain why Geno hit the transfer portal when the roster already looked pretty crowded. Don't put much stock in the so-called twitter insiders though. They throw enough crap at the wall and hope the one thing a year sticks or comes true, and I'm hoping this will be another time they are wrong.

Reaction Score
If she does do well there, in five years or so when Geno retires, she has to be on the short list of candidates to replace him. And as a candidate for that job, how do you turn down UConn other than you just don't want to follow a coaching legend?
There is no valid reason anyone would leave the SEC for the Big East. She'll be at Vandy to map her own future. UConn will be a place of good memories.

Reaction Score
Isn't Jen Rizzotti available - would she not make an ideal assitant for next season as she awaits her next opportunity
She would be ideal. Could UConn afford her? She did live in Hartford for many years.

Reaction Score
If UCONN wins a National Title next year Jen is back in the mix for a head coaching job at a big time school - dream scenario for the school and the talented coach

Reaction Score
With Marisa, Shea, and Carla, UConn now has 3 coaches out there trying to prove themselves, and also put themselves into contention as Geno's successor. Great to see.

Reaction Score
If UCONN wins a National Title next year Jen is back in the mix for a head coaching job at a big time school - dream scenario for the school and the talented coach
I think Jen's days as a HC are behind her. When she left Hartford, the ship was sinking and she didn't do a good job at GW either. I think Jen should do something in WBB, but coaching isn't one of them. Not only did she lose, but she lost ugly.

Reaction Score
I'm VERY SAD to see Shea leave UCONN (for now). However, it is absolutely the right move before she ultimately returns to UCONN in 10 years as the successor to the Great Geno Auriemma.
Shea can only benefit from the experience and it will make her an even better and more well prepared Coach before she and Tom come back to UCONN to lead us into the next Generation of Amazing Success!

Side note: You can put this down in ink, when Shea make the NCAA tourney, the committee will find a way for Vandy to play UCONN.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm now worried that Dorka will not have enough teammates with which to practice. She may have to do a Stewie and Tweet for walkons.
Pssh, does she need anyone else? She's Dorka.

1618326401134.png

"Uh coach, you need four more"

1618326338207.png

"My teams on the court!"

Reaction Score
While I have no info on possible players following Shea, I cant think of one UCONN recruit who said she chose to attend UCONN for an Assistant Coach... it's always to play for Geno, or in the best Program in NCAA WBB, or the mystique of UCONN WBB, or the way it preps them for WNBA, etc.

we will see.

Go Huskies

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
What a great choice. SEC is about get so tough that some of the weaker coaches are gonna be forced out soon. It's literally a full loaded slate right now with Johnnie Harris newly on board.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Congrats to Shea and her family. Great move for her. I believe she will succeed.

As to Shea's replacement, I have no idea at all. I'm sure Geno and CD have their short list ready to go.

Reaction Score
Twitterverse already saying we lose a wing and a post to vandy
Someone said "Imagine..." or something of the sort. Looking for attention. I'd be surprised if anyone followed. Shea may have been UConn, but UConn is not just Shea.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno would give Dolson a shot? She recently said she wants to get into coaching, she has an ELECTRIC personality, and she would be an awesome recruiter, IMO.
I hope not. This may be unpopular here, however I believe in replacing Shea and her position Geno would be looking for a former guard or a coach with experience coaching guards.

Reaction Score
While I have no info on possible players following Shea, I cant think of one UCONN recruit who said she chose to attend UCONN for an Assistant Coach... it's always to play for Geno, or in the best Program in NCAA WBB, or the mystique of UCONN WBB, or the way it preps them for WNBA, etc.

we will see.

Go Huskies

I don't either, but Vandy has plenty of open minutes.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno would give Dolson a shot? She recently said she wants to get into coaching, she has an ELECTRIC personality, and she would be an awesome recruiter, IMO.
It seemed pretty clear that Dolson wants to coach in the future. She posted something along the lines of "Give me a few years".

Reaction Score
I don't either, but Vandy has plenty of open minutes.
it's most likely going to take her a minimum of 3-4 years to get the program to .500...........unless academics are your main focus or you are desperate for playing time and don't mind losing, why would you leave any of the guaranteed NCAA tournament teams to go to Vanderbilt?

Reaction Score
I'd be a little surprised with Vandy opting to go with another unproven head coach after their struggles with White, but Ralph has about as good of an assistant coach resume as you'll find.
Stephanie White had previously coached in the WNBA I thought ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom