It's Official: Shea Ralph Named Vanderbilt Coach | The Boneyard

It's Official: Shea Ralph Named Vanderbilt Coach

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that is a good choice for her if she wants it. She needs to take over a program that she can shake up. She also needs to have some head coaching experience if she wants to take over UConn after Geno and CD retire.

Reaction Score
It would be great for Uconn and Shea...A chance for her to be a HC and maybe for Uconn a chance for new blood on the coaching staff......

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Not sure i'd wade into a situation where a player's mom trashes the ex-coach.

Reaction Score
I truly feel like social media is a big part of the downfall of society. Why does everyone have to air their dirty laundry and grievances in public? I don’t know who this Culver woman is but if she knows White personally how about having a conversation with her. Her Twitter comment is performative, attention seeking and could potentially damage White’s job prospects going forward.

Reaction Score
Hopefully a potential future employer will see this person as a Twitter troll and not give her comments any credence. An interview and due diligence on background history should prove whether or not you want to employ this individual not something someone said on Twitter hopefully that’s the case. If that were the case to keep you from being employed by that individual you clearly don’t want to work for them anyway.

Reaction Score
So if the job is offered to Shea and she decides to take it who do we fill her spot with. I know this may be premature but still fun to talk about.

Reaction Score
After reading some of those tweets I might pass on that job if I was Shea.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Hopefully a potential future employer will see this person as a Twitter troll and not give her comments any credence. An interview and due diligence on background history should prove whether or not you want to employ this individual not something someone said on Twitter hopefully that’s the case. If that were the case to keep you from being employed by that individual you clearly don’t want to work for them anyway.
Helicopter parents are bad enough in youth level sports (I've posted on this recently), however having a parent trash another person on social media at this level is stunning. The parent says she knows more than what has been said publicly, and I would counter with my story of a player not telling her mom everything on why she wasn't getting playing time.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So if the job is offered to Shea and she decides to take it who do we fill her spot with. I know this may be premature but still fun to talk about.
Surprised no one has come forward with Jen Rizzotti. Her career has been damaged and it would be a bad matched in my estimation. It doesn't have to be a UConn former player/coach. I still nominate Shea. I figure her name is Vandy speculation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well it’s the mom of a former player under White. Even if it’s true, can’t believe she posted that publicly lol

I think the attrition under White says all that needs to be said.

Reaction Score
I truly feel like social media is a big part of the downfall of society. Why does everyone have to air their dirty laundry and grievances in public? I don’t know who this Culver woman is but if she knows White personally how about having a conversation with her. Her Twitter comment is performative, attention seeking and could potentially damage White’s job prospects going forward.
Is that a bad thing? If (and that's a big IF) indeed White treated players poorly, then having it made public is better than it remaining private.

Reaction Score
I know of a former UConn guard and head coach who recently became unemployed ....

Reaction Score
Well it’s the mom of a former player under White. Even if it’s true, can’t believe she posted that publicly lol

I think the attrition under White says all that needs to be said.
Do we have all the information as to why kids left. To look at Syracuse you would wonder the same thing until you dug a little deeper. Look around the country and how many kids transferred out of all the other teams. Are all those coaches bad.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Players have been transferring out of Vandy since the end of Balcomb's tenure. It's been a revolving door under White.

Seems to me Vandy should have the same advantage as Stanford, Duke, and Notre Dame: The degree is worth a lot. Moreover, Nashville is a great place. It's growing, has mild winters, and there are many things to do. And there's NFL and NHL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom