Is UCONN Football positioning for independence? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is UCONN Football positioning for independence?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We don't even sell out the stadium anymore and you want to go independent. Why do I post here?!?
That's because we play a crap schedule. If you schedule independent, you could schedule better. No one cares about Memphis, Tulsa, or ECU. They would rather play Virginia, Missouri, and BC.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
What bowl is UMASS tied to? None. Is UMass looking to go P5? No. They can't even get into the AAC. We do not follow what UMASS does because we are on 2 different tracks.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
What bowl is UMASS tied to? None. Is UMass looking to go P5? No. They can't even get into the AAC. We do not follow what UMASS does because we are on 2 different tracks.
You missed the point. UMass is not looking to get into a P5 and they have a decent schedule. We have a much better brand than UMass so we could get a better schedule.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Did you notice the sellout against UVA? I didn't. I must be on a different planet.
No, but did you notice the AAC games' attendances? I'll wait.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
No, but did you notice the AAC games' attendances? I'll wait.
That's what I thought. The Virginia and Syracuse games were the two highest attended games. Maine was third followed by...wait for it... the four AAC games.

Reaction Score
You missed the point. UMass is not looking to get into a P5 and they have a decent schedule. We have a much better brand than UMass so we could get a better schedule.

This takes the cake! Have you looked at UMass' home schedule over the next 2 years? It's terrible! No P5 and no rivals. Of course, if you want payday games you can sign up for 1 and done away games with P5 schools.

2017: Hawaii, Old Dominion, Ohio, Georgia Southern, Appalachian St., Maine

2018: Charlotte, USF, Coastal Carolina, Troy, BYU, 1 TBD

Unless a couple other schools go independent, there is no way UConn could assemble a decent home schedule.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
This takes the cake! Have you looked at UMass' home schedule over the next 2 years? It's terrible! No P5 and no rivals. Of course, if you want payday games you can sign up for 1 and done away games with P5 schools.

Unless a couple other schools go independent, there is no way UConn could assemble a decent home schedule.
That's because UMass can't do h/hs with the P5. We can. We have three this year alone: Virginia, Missouri, and BC. If UMass had our brand, their good road games would also be good home games.

shizzle787

Reaction Score

Schedule:
1. @Indiana
2. Illinois
3. NC State
4. @Maryland
5. @WVU
6. FCS
7. BYU
8 @UMass
9. Missouri
10. Army
11. @BC
12. NMSU

Home slate: Illinois, NC State, FCS, BYU, Missouri, Army, NMSU. That's better than what we have now.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Keep waiting. We're not going independent.

UMass absolutely wants into the P5. Who doesn't? Are you serious?
UMass knows they are not getting in.

Reaction Score
UConn going independent in football would be a real mistake. No incentive for any P-5 school to play them. No network for bowl games that they now enjoy in a conference or a show case conference championship game and recruiting would take a real hit. I have a hard time believing that UConn women's basketball loses money. I think some of those numbers might be politicized to make a point about gender in equality.

Reaction Score
This "shizzle" dude is dumb as a rock.

The conferences never mentioned what the end goals are regarding expansion. So how do you know? Geez. Not wasting anymore time with you. You say some really senseless stuff, all topics.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
UConn going independent in football would be a real mistake. No incentive for any P-5 school to play them. No network for bowl games that they now enjoy in a conference or a show case conference championship game and recruiting would take a real hit. I have a hard time believing that UConn women's basketball loses money. I think some of those numbers might be politicized to make a point about gender in equality.
Politicized? What? What incentive is there for any P5 school to play UConn now in the AAC? What's the difference? Who cares about what bowl we get? I would rather have a better regular season schedule than glorified exhibition game.

Reaction Score
How does BYU do it? Aren't they an independent?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
How does BYU do it? Aren't they an independent?
They are, and ESPN helps them out with a contract. FOX could do the same for us if we join the NBE.

Reaction Score
Someone posted on CSNBBS the numbers and showed that MBB made a profit, WBB took about a $2 million loss, and football lost $6-7 million. .

You read this on an internet board so it has to be right?

Reaction Score
So let me get this straight...

Step 1: Go Independent
Step 2: Schedule annual home games with Texas, Michigan, USC, Clemson and Florida.
Step 3: Profit :cool:

Why didn't Athletic Director Dave think of this already?!?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Schedule would look like this.

1. @Indiana
2. Illinois
3. NC State
4. @Maryland
5. @WVU
6. FCS
7. BYU
8 @UMass
9. Missouri
10. Army
11. @BC
12. NMSU
So let me get this straight....

Step 1: Go Independent
Step 2: Schedule annual home games with Texas, Michigan, USC, Clemson and Florida.
Step 3: Profit :cool:

Why didn't Athletic Director Dave think of this already?!?

Reaction Score
Silly

Use your eyes.

Larrier is outstanding. He is a 6-8 Wing who is athletic, with dynamic moves and shooting touch. Gilbert in 2 games proved that he can get past virtually anyone in CBB with quickness and drive the ball to the hoop; he also looked to be an excellent defender. Add Vance who has gotten far better over the course of 22 games .... he is a stud skilled 6-9 Forward and can actually defend a wide variety of players. Vital is a gamer; proved to be a solid 3 point shooter and plays better as the game gets tight. Durham needs further development; but his talent is quite evident. And we haven't seen Diar
Adams is progressing quite well; needs to be more consistent. He will be here 4 years. Enoch? I still think we will see good basketball out of a great physical specimen. He is still young.

MAL, Pulley, Carlton? All solid.

Use your eyes when you watch this team. I am not talking about future. I am talking about here and now. Every 20 point blow out is a hit against the reputation of the program. Losses to Wagner and Northeastern degrade the program. I hope that you are correct that next year should be a solid year. Another stumble, and it will be a very difficult recovery.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
There is no doubt that UCONN is actively looking to get out of the AAC, but with recent reports that the basketball program maybe seeking to join the New Big East is independence an option for Football?
Yes, CPTV WILL broadcast our football games.. we can have rights to that station similar to NBC is to NOTRE DAME

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom