I Love It | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I Love It

Reaction Score
Can you imagine caring that the TV contract is good when it’s 66-3 Ohio State?!?!
Rutgers is such a weird example because on the surface it seems like there's a ton of potential there, but it never works out

Reaction Score
lol - sure thing buddy.

im sure the rutgers faithful who sit through constant 40 point blow outs would hate to go 10-2 in a bad year.

And if your argument is that Temple won because of REVENUE... lolololololol. $7 million in tv money in like 2035 - LOL

I know you are not serious.

If you are, you are surely the only on this board who believes Boise's future is brighter than Rutgerseseses.

Reaction Score
but they still suck so who cares? why do I care about the contract? I care about W's

Sure, you can play San Luis Obispo Polytech and rack up those wins like Boise does. But go to a real conference and make $50m, and you can lose all you want, but you'll still fund basketball forever with the proceeds. Rutgers has a brighter future in football than Boise. It's preposterous to say otherwise.

Reaction Score
lol doesn't that just show you can win being independent?

I can't even tell if you people are being serious.

Gee, why would people schedule Army over UConn.

I dunno!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know you are not serious.

If you are, you are surely the only on this board who believes Boise's future is brighter than Rutgerseseses.

This is a board about college sports champ. I can assure you that Boise State will be running laps around Rutgers until we are all cold in the ground

Reaction Score
Rutgers is not well-run. Amherst and Wesleyan and Williams are far more stable.

Reaction Score
This is a board about college sports champ. I can assure you that Boise State will be running laps around Rutgers until we are all cold in the ground

Holy cow--you're delusional now

Reaction Score
Holy cow--you're delusional now
Are you talking athletic departments in relation to their conference affiliation, or football programs? I thought you started with programs, with UConn football never being able to compete with Temple football; so is RU is better than BSU and may be a more "formidable" program than BSU? Would RU beat BSU right now?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We’re conference realignment captain now, we make the first move this time.
28130563-CABD-4E9A-9974-0F6D0583027D.jpeg

Reaction Score
They acted, all right. They 86ed their football program. Why would the MAC or CUSA take UConn football as a one-off? It doesn't bring any additional value to justify further dividing the revenue. And if you go independent, you might as well save the money and shut the program down. All for the NBE that five years from now is not going to look new and exciting amd flashy. Right now it's being sold as a memory. The reality will be different.

Well said

Reaction Score
Are you talking athletic departments in relation to their conference affiliation, or football programs? I thought you started with programs, with UConn football never being able to compete with Temple football; so is RU is better than BSU and may be a more "formidable" program than BSU? Would RU beat BSU right now?

Boise plays in a pipsqueak conference. If they didn't have a better record than Rutgers over the years, it would be crazy. Going forward with the huge divergences we're seeing in college sports, and especially paying players, I'd be shocked if Rutgers didn't have a better team than Boise each and every year. Better players, more exposure, better platform, better opponents. Pretty simple.

Reaction Score
You are the guy who spent a billion electrons on why Robbie Frey shouldn’t be admitted to grad school - you might not get what is going on...

I get it. I've stated it flat out. They killed UConn football. To become like Providence.

Reaction Score
Boise plays in a pipsqueak conference. If they didn't have a better record than Rutgers over the years, it would be crazy. Going forward with the huge divergences we're seeing in college sports, and especially paying players, I'd be shocked if Rutgers didn't have a better team than Boise each and every year. Better players, more exposure, better platform, better opponents. Pretty simple.

College athletics will be over before Rutgers is perennially better than Boise. What a stupid take.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

lol Boise is a junior college attached to a football team and Rutgers has a faculty that votes to cancel the program every other year

you should eat less lead paint chips

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sure, you can play San Luis Obispo Polytech and rack up those wins like Boise does. But go to a real conference and make $50m, and you can lose all you want, but you'll still fund basketball forever with the proceeds. Rutgers has a brighter future in football than Boise. It's preposterous to say otherwise.

TIL Boise State doesn’t sponsor basketball.

They also seem to play imaginary teams in football - so maybe that is why they go 11-1 like clockwork?

Upstaters argument for UConn staying in the AAC is that the Big Ten makes $50 million.

Sure the AAC is locked in to $7 million in annual TV money until kids who aren’t born graduate from high school - but Rutgers is going to win a game someday.

They can’t even win 3 games when they have massive academic fraud. L-O-L.

There are 13 other teams in the Big Ten and literally everyone counts Rutgers as a win when the schedule is published.

Reaction Score
We don’t have enough details yet to know if it’s good or bad or a wash.

But they stopped monitoring the situation and did something.

Since 2003 they sat on their rear ends and got left behind.

Action. Decisive action.

Fortune favors the bold.

I LOVE IT
Boom!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You are the guy who spent a billion electrons on why Robbie Frey shouldn’t be admitted to grad school - you might not get what is going on...
I'm still pissed about that. What a tool!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn is taking a massive leap of faith.

I have zero doubt that it will work out in the short term for everything outside of football and baseball. And baseball will find a way as long as Penders is here.

Long term...I don’t know.

I still think that the football schools will eventually pull away from the NCAA; I don’t think they’re going to want an extra 225 mouths to feed, so the hoop-onlies are gonna be up the creek.

I’d rather be on their side of the divide than standing with Providence and Marquette on this side.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
UConn is taking a massive leap of faith.

I have zero doubt that it will work out in the short term for everything outside of football and baseball. And baseball will find a way as long as Penders is here.

Long term...I don’t know.

I still think that the football schools will eventually pull away from the NCAA; I don’t think they’re going to want an extra 225 mouths to feed, so the hoop-onlies are gonna be up the creek.

I’d rather be on their side of the divide than standing with Providence and Marquette on this side.

I don't see how/why P5 would split and not include the Big East. Doesn't seem to be much of a downside to bringing along an extra 11 hoop teams.

One things for sure, the AAC was never going to end up on the right side of that split.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom