I Love It | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I Love It

Reaction Score
No they haven’t. They are now the northeast outlier in a league with no peers.

They are going to be playing first round AAC games against Tulsa in Dallas in front of 395 people.

They hit a couple of football hires and did pretty well. They will be back to being Temple because nobody hits every hire and look how fast theirs leave

It doesn't matter.

They are more credible in football.

It is pretty stunning that they mismanaged football so badly, and now they have given up on football altogether, while Temple never gave up, even when it was sent out into the wilderness, Temple never gave up, and they came back and built a program.

It amazes me that UConn has conceded this much. UConn gave up.

Reaction Score
Temple is in CT?

CT has huge advantages over temple, a state school with a population of 3.6m all to itself, while Temple is essentially a northeast city school.

Consider this: Temple was chucked from the old Big East football conference! They were sent out into the wilderness while UConn was playing in BCS bowl games!!

What an amazing turnaround. UConn waving the white flag.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter.

It is pretty stunning that they mismanaged football so badly, and now they have given up on football altogether, while Temple never gave up, even when it was sent out into the wilderness, Temple never gave up, and they came back and built a program.

UConn wised up. The sport is dying on the vine here at the youth and high school level.

It was time to stop letting a ridiculous dream hold back the strengths.

Reaction Score
CT has huge advantages over temple, which is essentially a northeast city school.

Consider this: Temple was chucked from the old Big East football conference! They were sent out into the wilderness while UConn was playing in BCS bowl games!!

What an amazing turnaround. UConn waving the white flag.
Man you’re like Skip with this narrative you’ve composed

Can’t wait to watch it play out here and elsewhere

Reaction Score
Man you’re like Skip with this narrative you’ve composed

Can’t wait to watch it play out here and elsewhere

What narrative ? (And I don't even know who Skip is).

I'm just stating facts, am I not?

We have a city school in the northeast, tossed from the BE football conference for non-performance.

They make 2 or 3 good hires in a row, and now they are a formidable football school.

They never gave up.

It's that simple.

Reaction Score
I think this is the first time I’ve seen him react to anything with the word “love”
hahaha I know and of all things. Whaler is one of the biggest football fans on the board and even he gets it.

Reaction Score
What narrative ? (And I don't even know who Skip is).

I'm just stating facts, am I not?

We have a city school in the northeast, tossed from the BE football conference for non-performance.

They make 2 or 3 good hires in a row, and now they are a formidable football school.

They never gave up.

It's that simple.
You made up a triggeringly-hot take, and now I’m looking forward to it derailing threads intermittently, or constantly, whichever. Because now they’re “formidable” too lol

TEMPLE HAS SURPASSED UCONN. WHO EVER SAW IT COMING

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How many people were tuning into Big East games compared to the AAC last year for men's basketball? Is this why we are being brought into the old BE?

Reaction Score
You made up a triggeringly-hot take, and now I’m looking forward to it coming up intermittently, or constantly, whichever. Because now they’re “formidable” too lol

TULANE HAS SURPASSED UCONN. WHO EVER SAW IT COMING

Temple. Not Tulane.

And it's not a hot take.

It's reality.

You think UConn will ever be able to compete with Temple football ever again? No.

As for this talk coming up intermittently, I don't think it should. I think football is done, cooked, over, so it doesn't matter anymore.

But I will say this. You can find dozens and dozens of posters who ridiculed huskymagic and the like for the stupidity of ending UConn football, and many are now cheering the thing they formerly labeled stupidity.

So now I'm the one with a hot take, eh?

What was formerly gospel on the Boneyard, you couldn't be any more consistent that what I am saying to you now--and it fact, it is so downright boring that people used to roll their eyes when anyone wanted to pick over this carcass. It is the complete opposite of a hot-take. Until last night, it was the Boneyard default. Dreadfully boring.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter.

Upstater is the kind of guy who loses $300 playing three card monty because he doesn’t give up when he is playing a rigged game.

Reaction Score
Temple. Not Tulane.
My bad, day drinking
And it's not a hot take.

It's reality.

You think UConn will ever be able to compete with Temple football ever again? No.

As for this talk coming up intermittently, I don't think it should. I think football is done, cooked, over, so it doesn't matter anymore.
Don’t worry about me, I have no real reaction to your opinion.

But I will say this. You can find dozens and dozens of posters who ridiculed huskymagic and the like for the stupidity of ending UConn football, and many are now cheering the thing they formerly labeled stupidity.
Exactly

So now I'm the one with a hot take, eh?
Just triggeringly-hot, given the last quote. And YES, now it’s “UConn will never compete with Temple again”!

Reaction Score
Upstater is the kind of guy who loses $300 playing three card monty because he doesn’t give up when he is playing a rigged game.

Permanently surpassed in football by Temple. Let that sink in.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
“Ecstatic” doesn’t fully express my feelings.

Reaction Score
lol by your logic Rutgers has permanently surpassed Boise State.

They have!! I mean, come on.

You wouldn't rather be Rutgers?

What does $50m a year buy you (especially as we move to paying players) versus $1 million.

In the game of college football, Rutgers is a winner.

Reaction Score
Seems last September showed exactly what conference the football program belongs in...the CAA!

What a huge thing for hoops, huge bonus for the NBE, too....Hurley will thrive in this.

Reaction Score
Army finished ranked in the top 25 last season. Army. Definitely have to commend the people at West Point for their fortitude. While our basketball fans are looking for safe spots in the Big East.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They have!! I mean, come on.

You wouldn't rather be Rutgers?

What does $50m a year buy you (especially as we move to paying players) versus $1 million.

In the game of college football, Rutgers is a winner.

lol - sure thing buddy.

im sure the rutgers faithful who sit through constant 40 point blow outs would hate to go 10-2 in a bad year.

And if your argument is that Temple won because of REVENUE... lolololololol. $7 million in tv money in like 2035 - LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom