Georgetown’s Qudus Wahab in transfer portal | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Georgetown’s Qudus Wahab in transfer portal

Reaction Score
To clarify/put your minds at ease, that tweet doesn’t mean “X is leaving UConn and it hasn’t been announced yet”.

It is true that now coaches will have to put a little more focus on recruiting the guys that are already on campus though.

Reaction Score
Basically free agency, $ome $chool$ are able to offer more than other $chool$. Hope I am off here but I see a system right for exploitation. If Will Wade can still have a job a coach at the right school can get away with anything except that which modern society would cancel him or her for.

Reaction Score
I feel like the NBA and college hoops need to make some fairly substantial changes soon, s^^t is getting goofy.

Reaction Score
To clarify/put your minds at ease, that tweet doesn’t mean “X is leaving UConn and it hasn’t been announced yet”.

It is true that now coaches will have to put a little more focus on recruiting the guys that are already on campus though.
Player retention has always been a huge part of success for teams and now it’s just getting more and more important. Typically (not always) the teams that do really well are the ones that have people stick around. Hopefully Hurley and staff can continue to keep these good players in the program throughout his time here.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I feel like the NBA and college hoops need to make some fairly substantial changes soon, s^^t is getting goofy.

I’d love the NBA to set up a real minor league plan.

But the reality is college basketball is a fan favorite for the laundry, not the player itself.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Some schools may think they have the firepower to go head to head with Georgetown in a bidding war for talent if this truly becomes a free for all, but I suspect Georgetown has some alums that can buy and sell entire states. If they decide to start a bidding war, Arizona and LSU and the rest of the scumbags are going to lose.

The no-sit transfer rule is the biggest single threat to college basketball.

Reaction Score
If he quickly commits to another big school in the transfer window, you have to imagine there was some sort of tampering going on.

Not sure how he could think there's a better option to learn from other than Ewing... especially after GTown won BET.
Some players enjoy winning and a 13-13 best year, getting thumped in the opening round of the NCAA tournament, and having the player turnover they do isn't exactly conducive to winning. Watch. With Keller transferring from UNC, watch him end up there.

Reaction Score
Some schools may think they have the firepower to go head to head with Georgetown in a bidding war for talent if this truly becomes a free for all, but I suspect Georgetown has some alums that can buy and sell entire states. If they decide to start a bidding war, Arizona and LSU and the rest of the scumbags are going to lose.

The no-sit transfer rule is the biggest single threat to college basketball.
I tend to be in favor of player control. At the same time the sport cannot survive if this is what it's like every single off-season.

I don't have a problem with the "a player sits" for a year in a transfer unless:

A). Coaching Change
B). Personal Circumstances (requiring a waiver).

Reaction Score
If anyone can sit there and honestly say that the no sit rule hasn't promoted coaches and programs to poach players from another program they must be living in a cave with blinders on
This ruling promotes as close to legal tampering as any rule in any sport - the NCAA being permissive and trying to look woke during the pandemic has opened a can of worms
I need absolutely zero evidence to aver that there is tampering with players to use this ruling to sell them into making a move for better or worse.
Arizona, Kansas, UNC, Pitino (both), LSU, Louisville, Illinois, Auburn, USC, Oregon are among the most obvious who will practice the tampering knowing that the NCAA will turn a blind eye

I didn't say anything about what I think about the rule. But I do know what the word "proven" means.

Reaction Score
Why doesn’t he go to NBA camps if they feel like he’s an all-conference big right now? Why bother staying in school and transferring? Scouts don’t care about winning, they care about what’s on tape and what they see in the combine. Just odd.

Reaction Score
Hundred dollar bills were being passed long before the no sit transfer rule
very true, but I think Nelson's point is that the no sit transfer rule and is just like pouring gasoline on the fire-it just makes the payments that more rampant.

Reaction Score
Why doesn’t he go to NBA camps if they feel like he’s an all-conference big right now? Why bother staying in school and transferring? Scouts don’t care about winning, they care about what’s on tape and what they see in the combine. Just odd.
Bingo. This seems dirty because a player of his caliber shouldn’t even want to transfer. He would get plenty of publicity at Georgetown and he’s already on the NBA’s radar. Everyone was raving about him in March.

This stinks. Could be tampering, could be internal issues at GTown or it could be bad advice, but this is weird.

Reaction Score
I tend to be in favor of player control. At the same time the sport cannot survive if this is what it's like every single off-season.

I don't have a problem with the "a player sits" for a year in a transfer unless:

A). Coaching Change
B). Personal Circumstances (requiring a waiver).
It all sounds nice to advocate for players being able to transfer without sitting out and players getting paid salaries but it will completely destroy the sport. If you enjoy college hoops and want it to stick around these shouldn't be things you're rooting for.

Reaction Score
I'm of the opinion that all athletes should be able to change schools every year without sitting out a year. Maybe even every semester, but maybe not for sports like basketball. Which has a season that spans the fall and spring semester. Drastic roster changes mid season are probably unfair to coaches and the rest of the team.

I don't know buy the NCAA reasons for forcing athletes to sit a year. The rationale I'm familiar with is sitting a year allows the athlete to adjust academically. I'm not sure I buy this explanation. Adults in their late teens and early 20s are old enough to make these decisions for themselves.

I understand that allowing athletes to freely switch schools could damage the sport, I just think the freedom to do what you want (like a normal student) is more important.

Reaction Score
I mean, kind of a ridiculous thing to say.. He did look VERY good this year, not going to lie.. However, am I crazy to say that Sanogo handed him his lunch twice?? I thought he did?
He went for 16 and 7 compared to Sanogo's 10 and 10 in game 2 and 18 and 10 compared to Sanogo's 8 and 7 in the first game. So 2 very good games against us

Reaction Score
There is a contract. The student-athlete makes a commitment to attend college and play basketball. In return the college provides a free edumacation. The student-athlete has the opportunity to meet with the coaching staff and educators before making the decision so he should be comfortable with his decision. Now if there is a scandal or other significant event, then he can transfer because the school didn't fulfill its obligation.

This isn't Russia. The student-athlete could change his mind at any time Certain mid-major programs become pipelines for the big boys. Come to High Point and have dinner with Roy boy every other Saturday night.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
He went for 16 and 7 compared to Sanogo's 10 and 10 in game 2 and 18 and 10 compared to Sanogo's 8 and 7 in the first game. So 2 very good games against us
And he improved dramatically over the course of the season. I assume(d) he was getting great big man coaching from Patrick, and it seemed to be working. Which makes this transfer even more confounding.

Pretty bummed that we won’t get to see Sanogo battle it out with him in the Big East anymore.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Georgetown went from Euphoria to agony in one week. Amazing. We are so lucky, imagine AJax just deciding to transfer. We complain about a lot but Hurley really has this thing stable in an era of complete unsability
Oh don't do that. Don't ever do that.

Reaction Score
Can we do a third part transaction? Like have him transfer from Gtown to Bryant and then from Bryant to UConn. In exchange we can send Josh to Bryant.
It's funny because the screenshot I posted later actually specifically words it as direct and indirect transfers. Which makes me think someone has tried that before

Reaction Score
I really have no clue who a UConn guy would be. I really don’t.
I can think of a few. Fortunately we can’t speculate aloud on here..... this transfer season is different.
does Javonte Brown Ferguson not count? this rule has already caused us to lose a player

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom