Georgetown’s Qudus Wahab in transfer portal | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Georgetown’s Qudus Wahab in transfer portal

Reaction Score
This free agency policy the NCAA has created has got corruption written all over it. Wahab going to Maryland stinks like . Diamond Stone part 2.

Reaction Score
This free agency policy the NCAA has created has got corruption written all over it. Wahab going to Maryland stinks like . Diamond Stone part 2.
This will be true for 25-50 of the athletes in the portal. The other 1,000 will be allowed the chance to improve their situation to find a better fit without jumping through hoops or wasting a year of their life sitting out.

Reaction Score
This will be true for 25-50 of the athletes in the portal. The other 1,000 will be allowed the chance to improve their situation to find a better fit without jumping through hoops or wasting a year of their life sitting out.
So if they don't get the time they think they should, they can jump ship every year?

Reaction Score
So if they don't get the time they think they should, they can jump ship every year?
Sure why not? That's how most teams work that aren't in a collectively bargained system. That's how every other NCAA sport works (other than football). It's a self-regulating problem. If you're viewed as more of a problem than an asset, coaches won't want you.

But it's a one-time waiver anyways.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, if they don't like their situation I see no issue with that. And if they don't like their situation a 2nd time and transfer they're losing a year of eligibility so I still see no issue

Reaction Score
This year is also extra nuts because it's a one time thing for the first time (so more people are apt to do it) and we have a bunch of fifth year seniors who we won't have in years to come.

In other words, this is a hard year to judge by

Reaction Score
Damn... It hurts that the kid transferred out after Ewing hyping up and saying he could be the best Georgetown Big men in history...

But it has to hurt even more knowing the program that stole it from you is only a 45 min METRO ride away. I would be pissed if I was Ewing.

Oh well. Best of luck to Wahab

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
This one is surprising.
Very much so. Wahab and the Hoyas came on strong in the post season, seemed poised to build from it for 2021-22, and playing time certainly wouldn't have been an issue. Obviously, there are private concerns and issues here we're not privy to.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
not a fan of wahabs game, ergo, he'll prolly end up in 'the feet stuck in the mud' conference.
purrrrfect.
'Sources: Georgetown transfer Qudus Wahab has committed to Maryland.'

Reaction Score
I think I'd trust Patrick Ewing to develop my big man game more than I'd trust the guy that screwed up Diamond Stone.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Kids evidently dislike playing for the Prince of MSG rafters.

I thought maybe it was a one year thing, now it's looking like a trend

Maybe it's not Ewing, maybe the kids today are too pampered and transfering is too easy. IDK

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom